« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 04:12:36 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: NTYF-Article-All out?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 05:06:38 PM »
Damn, they went a different direction than usual.  Kudos.  Had to be said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 05:08:23 PM »
You know things must be bad if they write an article like that...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 05:09:34 PM »
Hard to argue.  Kind of what we have all been saying about Jacobs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 05:19:25 PM »
I'm just glad somebody had the balls to write it and put it out there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 05:19:59 PM »
Didn't expect that, but it makes sense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 05:34:25 PM »
At least now there' something to replace the Mississippi State preview.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 07:24:39 PM »
See there, I asked for "All Out" and someone at the NTYF responded accordingly. Thank you !

Not sure what happens from here but it's a start. And who knows, maybe we can get a better H.C. if

Jacobs and his cronies are out of the way. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 07:33:41 PM »
I had been wondering how the NTY was going to approach this, if at all.  Good stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 07:54:04 PM »
It's the ugly truth. 

I appreciate that they can advocate for the protection of Auburn from all enemies, foreign and domestic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 08:53:58 PM »
Sometimes you go for it on fourth and long.

And sometimes, it's best to punt.

Objective fans understand this. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 09:23:56 PM »
See there, I asked for "All Out" and someone at the NTYF responded accordingly. Thank you !

Not sure what happens from here but it's a start. And who knows, maybe we can get a better H.C. if

Jacobs and his cronies are out of the way.
jmar: King of teh skreetz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 09:48:51 PM »
I'm not sold on it.  Regardless of what happens to Chizik or Jacobs or anybody else, that's for us to decide. 

I hate things being out in public like they are.  Things like this should be handled "in house." 

Not sure how they reconcile saying Chizik deserves a year to figure things out a month a go to whatever this is today. 

Is it hypocritical? 

I mean i guess I can see that he ISN'T figuring things out.  I guess maybe last in the SEC wasn't conceivable a month ago.

And it really wasn't like they said somebody had to be fired.  But it's all anybody seems to want to talk about.  Can Chizik survive? 

You know how I feel about JJ.  I've made that clear.  Whatever happens needs to start there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 09:52:51 PM »
I'm not sold on it.  Regardless of what happens to Chizik or Jacobs or anybody else, that's for us to decide. 

I hate things being out in public like they are.  Things like this should be handled "in house." 

Not sure how they reconcile saying Chizik deserves a year to figure things out a month a go to whatever this is today. 

Is it hypocritical? 

I mean i guess I can see that he ISN'T figuring things out.  I guess maybe last in the SEC wasn't conceivable a month ago.

And it really wasn't like they said somebody had to be fired.  But it's all anybody seems to want to talk about.  Can Chizik survive? 

You know how I feel about JJ.  I've made that clear.  Whatever happens needs to start there.

You're not sold on there needing to be a change or you're not sold on the talking about the apparent "fracture" in the fanbase?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 10:23:00 PM »
You're not sold on there needing to be a change or you're not sold on the talking about the apparent "fracture" in the fanbase?

Not necessarily sold on putting it out in public like that.  There are enough external forces attacking us. 

The venom we're unleashing on each other seems counter productive and just what they want from us.

That said?  If Bama was 1-5 and on the verge of the worst season in history?  There would be hordes waving rebel flags and organizing an pick up truck and shotgun assault on Tuscaloosa.  Ten times worse than what we see now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 10:47:57 PM »
That said?  If Bama was 1-5 and on the verge of the worst season in history?  There would be hordes waving rebel flags and organizing an pick up truck and shotgun assault on Tuscaloosa.  Ten times worse than what we see now.

This. Twice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 10:58:08 PM »
I'm glad someone pointed this shit out, sometimes the truth hurts.  It's time for a change, unless winning 7-8 games a year is now acceptable for Auburn fans.  It's not for me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

jmar

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 12:17:29 AM »
Probably not a popular view but:
Auburn will survive this much better long term IF Jay Jacobs is the focus. I care about other sports too. Those athletes deserve better just as much as those playing football. Without the push for Jacob's removal, the target is squarely on Chizik. And what will Chizik do? He'll get rid of the O.C. Loeffler. That's what Tub's would do too. But assuming the football program cannot be miraculously resuscitated; when Jacobs finally has his revelation, he will either fire Chizik or tender him an offer to step down gracefully. And I don't want to let Jacobs have that satisfaction because that way he gets to stay and Auburn is stuck with him. That's why Jacobs has to go, first and foremost. Then we will likely get a better AD and hopefully in turn a better Head Coach with the old guard out of the way which truth be known, probably scares off some good candidates. The problem with this beyond the unknown amount of precious time it will waste, is that you rarely hear of a fanbase screaming for an AD's head although Hamilton at Tennesse was an exception. Perhaps Auburn can school off of UT's dilemma and come out of this without suffering too badly. ESPN and other outlets will of course be on hand to do their dirty work.   
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 07:42:02 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 12:27:55 AM »
Auburn will survive this much better long term IF Jay Jacobs is the focus. I care about other sports too. Those athletes deserve better just as much as those playing football. Without the push for Jacob's removal, the target is squarely on Chizik. And what will Chizik do? He'll get rid of the O.C. Loeffler. That's what Tub's would do too. But assuming the football program cannot be miraculously resuscitated; when Jacobs finally has his revelation, he will either fire Chizik or tender him an offer to step down gracefully. And I don't want to let Jacobs have that satisfaction because that way he gets to stay and Auburn is stuck with him. That's why Jacobs has to go, first and foremost. Then we will likely get a better AD and hopefully in turn a better Head Coach with the old guard out of the way which truth be known, probably scares off some good candidates. The problem with this beyond the unknown amount of precious time it will waste, is that you rarely hear of a fanbase screaming for an AD's head although Long at Tennesse is an exception. Perhaps Auburn can school off of UT's dilemma and come out of this without suffering too badly. ESPN and other outlets will of course be on hand to do their dirty work.

Very nice and well put. I rule in your favor. :popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 09:00:25 AM »
Auburn will survive this much better long term IF Jay Jacobs is the focus. I care about other sports too. Those athletes deserve better just as much as those playing football. Without the push for Jacob's removal, the target is squarely on Chizik. And what will Chizik do? He'll get rid of the O.C. Loeffler. That's what Tub's would do too. But assuming the football program cannot be miraculously resuscitated; when Jacobs finally has his revelation, he will either fire Chizik or tender him an offer to step down gracefully. And I don't want to let Jacobs have that satisfaction because that way he gets to stay and Auburn is stuck with him. That's why Jacobs has to go, first and foremost. Then we will likely get a better AD and hopefully in turn a better Head Coach with the old guard out of the way which truth be known, probably scares off some good candidates. The problem with this beyond the unknown amount of precious time it will waste, is that you rarely hear of a fanbase screaming for an AD's head although Long at Tennesse is an exception. Perhaps Auburn can school off of UT's dilemma and come out of this without suffering too badly. ESPN and other outlets will of course be on hand to do their dirty work.

I don't disagree with your premise but consider what you are asking. You are asking a largely new Board of Trustess and a university President known to be "hands off" to take on that old guard and shove them out the door. It's not just JJ. It's TJ. It's Dye. And don't forget who the most powerful board member is right now. With the state of the economy in this state much less this faltering nation, Auburn's BOT doesn't want to look like they are being kneejerk or irresponsible with funds from the public (meaning funds gained through tickets, fundraising, concessions, and support but not tax $ per se). I have a feeling this is just a storm we are all going to have to ride out and deal with. 8-4 may be a high mark when it's all said and done because let's all realize another Cam Newton is not walking through that door in February on signing day. That was a once in a lifetime moment. This will just have to do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions