Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

NTYF-Article-All out? One from Anniston star

Re: NTYF-Article-All out?
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2012, 09:08:06 AM »

You know how I feel about JJ.  I've made that clear.  Whatever happens needs to start there.

I don't have much in the way of skreetz, but the one connection I have says you are probably going to get your wish.  Take with a pile of salt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2012, 09:24:50 AM »
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/fire-jay-jacobs/

MEN'S BASKETBALL
Cliff Ellis 1994-2004 - 60% Winning Percentage. 3 NCAA & 3 NIT
Lebo/Barbee 2004-2012 - 48% Winning Pct. 1 NIT

Winning Pct from 60% to 48% post Jay Jacobs
Postseason Appearance Pct from 60% to 12.5% post Jay Jacobs

BASEBALL
Baird/Renfroe 1985-2004 - 65% Winning Pct. 12 Regionals
Tom Slater/John Pawlowksi 2009 -Present - 54.9% Winning Pct, 2 Regionals

Winning Pct from 65% to 54.9% post Jay Jacobs
Postseason Appearance Pct from 63% to 25% post Jay Jacobs

FOOTBALL
Dye/Bowden/TT 1982-2004 -- Winning Pct 72%
Tuberville/Chizik 2005-2012 -- Winning Pct 67%

I don't agree with his football numbers, Jay didn't hire Tuberville.  Housel did. He also has a big lapse in the baseball years.  I agree with his premise though.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 09:27:29 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 09:29:28 AM »
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/fire-jay-jacobs/

I don't agree with his football numbers, Jay didn't hire Tuberville.  Housel did. He also has a big lapse in the baseball years.  I agree with his premise though.

Should also include David Marsh leaving Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2012, 09:44:29 AM »
Should also include David Marsh leaving Auburn.

Without a doubt that should be included.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2012, 09:59:13 AM »
I don't have much in the way of skreetz, but the one connection I have says you are probably going to get your wish.  Take with a pile of salt.

The only way it gets better is to get rid of Jacobs.  The only way.  I look at it like this.  I was hoping CGC would turn it around.  We didn't have to win, just show improvement and fight.  It looked like we did that with LSU and then we turn around and get raped by Ark and Ole Miss.  I knew after Saturday there was no hope in him righting the ship, at least in my mind.  So I decided that it was time for him to go but.....but......not unless Jacobs goes.  I would rather see us Chizik one more year and get blown out everygame, as painful as that might be, than to keep Jay Jacobs on campus one more day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2012, 10:00:32 AM »
I don't disagree with your premise but consider what you are asking. You are asking a largely new Board of Trustess and a university President known to be "hands off" to take on that old guard and shove them out the door. It's not just JJ. It's TJ. It's Dye. And don't forget who the most powerful board member is right now. With the state of the economy in this state much less this faltering nation, Auburn's BOT doesn't want to look like they are being kneejerk or irresponsible with funds from the public (meaning funds gained through tickets, fundraising, concessions, and support but not tax $ per se). I have a feeling this is just a storm we are all going to have to ride out and deal with. 8-4 may be a high mark when it's all said and done because let's all realize another Cam Newton is not walking through that door in February on signing day. That was a once in a lifetime moment. This will just have to do.

I don't see a problem with asking them to make changes.  If we keep fielding a shitty football team then I can guarantee you that the loss in revenue will make them look even worse at being good stewards with the money that is brought in.  Not to mention the affect it will have on other programs when football loses money.  To me that makes them look worse than trying to make a positive change to make the program money. 

It's better to try a new idea that has a high chance of making more money, than it would to sit on their hands b/c they are afraid of change.  If we make a change, get a new AD, he evaluates our programs and makes the changes necessary for us to win in each sport, the money will roll in.  People are more willing to sacrifice and save up a little to go to a game when you are winning than they are if you are losing.  IMO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2012, 10:10:48 AM »
We will stand pat one more year.

And like has been said, if you get rid of Chizik without addressing the main problem, you'll keep getting the same result.

But sometimes and off-season after a bad season is just the healing that players, coaches, and fans need.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2012, 10:18:44 AM »
We will stand pat one more year.

And like has been said, if you get rid of Chizik without addressing the main problem, you'll keep getting the same result.

But sometimes and off-season after a bad season is just the healing that players, coaches, and fans need.
Riiiiiiiight .....because what makes you sure that this team of current coaches are suddenly going to make this team better next year?  They have shown nothing to me to suggest that we are going to suddenly become better.  Moseley looks the same, he has been with Chizik the last 3 years. 

Zero player development.  Hooray for mediocrity. Give them another year and it just takes that much more to try and build it back up.  Some people live in fantasy land.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2012, 10:24:18 AM »
Some people live in fantasy Zombie land.

I don't know what the spoiler for the Prowler Zombie is.  :(
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2012, 10:31:24 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2012, 10:49:31 AM »
Riiiiiiiight .....because what makes you sure that this team of current coaches are suddenly going to make this team better next year?  They have shown nothing to me to suggest that we are going to suddenly become better.  Moseley looks the same, he has been with Chizik the last 3 years. 

Zero player development.  Hooray for mediocrity. Give them another year and it just takes that much more to try and build it back up.  Some people live in fantasy land.

Not defending Chiz by saying this, but Moseley was never going to be made an SEC QB by any coach.  Frazier on the other hand...no progression.  None. 

This team is not merely a few bad play call, a few bad breaks from being 3-2.  The root problem is as you, and others who can see the light, point out.  This entire team is mentally, and physically weak.  There's no heart, no leadership, no direction.

Problem is, I think CCTAU is right, they won't pull the trigger this year.  They need to, but won't.  I don't think JJ has the sack to admit he made a mistake, and nobody is going to fire JJ...yet.  Wonder how bad it will have to get before changes occur?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2012, 10:51:24 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2012, 10:57:16 AM »
20 likes...

They are a force...

But I was just coming on here to say the same thing. I take back 1/4 of the things I said about you not being that smart.
Well, let's make it 1/2...I know you can't do fractions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2012, 10:59:05 AM »
Problem is, I think CCTAU is right, they won't pull the trigger this year.  They need to, but won't.  I don't think JJ has the sack to admit he made a mistake, and nobody is going to fire JJ...yet.  Wonder how bad it will have to get before changes occur?
You might be surprised....just sayin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2012, 10:59:58 AM »
20 likes...

They are a force...
grass roots mother fucker...grass roots.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2012, 11:02:12 AM »
grass roots mother fucker...grass roots.

Who you calling a mother fucker?

Where is the "I'm gonna punch you in your fucking throat" emoticon...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2012, 11:02:48 AM »
You might be surprised....just sayin.

You need to spills the beans cat daddy because this may be the only glimmer of hope Auburns
may see for a while.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2012, 11:04:38 AM »
Who you calling a mother fucker?

Where is the "I'm gonna punch you in your fucking throat" emoticon...

I will straight up meet you at the corner of "My Foot" and "Your ASS"!!!

BITCH!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2012, 11:10:20 AM »
The Innertubes are serious business.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2012, 11:10:27 AM »
You need to spills the beans cat daddy because this may be the only glimmer of hope Auburns
may see for a while.
Maybe I'm being naively hopeful, like I was leading up to each game of Mississippi State, Arkansas, and Ole Miss, but I think logic dictates that he gets showed the road.

You just don't lose to both Mississippi schools and keep your job. You certainly don't lose to those plus Vanderbilt (if that happens). And you sure as shit don't go 0-8 in the SEC and live to talk about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions