Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lutz Speaks

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Lutz Speaks
« on: October 08, 2012, 01:01:21 PM »
And he doesn't seem happy.  Plus, if it hasn't been mentioned, 11:21 a.m. starting time for Vandy.  copypasta al.com

AUBURN, Alabama -- Philip Lutzenkirchen's never been in this situation before, not that he can remember.
Back against the wall after a 1-4 start, Auburn has to find a way to turn the season around.

"I'm learning a lot about myself, learning a lot about my teammates as we deal with this and learning a lot about who's leaders, who's going to step up, and who's going to fall out," Lutzenkirchen said. "That's the point where we're at. People are either going to have an attitude and give up, or people are going to continue to fight."

Auburn held a team meeting on Sunday, and the seniors issued an ultimatum to the rest of the Tigers. "We made it pretty clear today," Lutzenkirchen said. "If you're not going to fight with us, we don't want you out there at all."

Auburn's offense is searching for an identity after turning the ball over five times, allowing eight sacks and failing to win the line of scrimmage against Arkansas.  Lutzenkirchen believes the Tigers have to go back to the basics.

"We've shown that we can run the ball, and we've shown that we can be physical," Lutzenkirchen said. "Yesterday, we didn't have that physicality."  Auburn picked up 321 yards and repeatedly drove into Arkansas territory before a sack or turnover killed any momentum the Tigers had built.

"I think we had good rhythm, it's just one guy makes a mistake and costs us the drive," Lutzenkirchen said. "We've got to quit shooting ourselves in the foot."  No matter what problems Auburn has had in this season's 1-4 start, Lutzenkirchen says the seniors are ready to scratch and claw, and the rest of the team has to follow.

"I think we have a good idea who's going to fight," Lutzenkirchen said, "and who's not."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Lutz Speaks
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 01:04:38 PM »
The selfish part of me wants Lutzy to put the quitters on blast.

Let's see some names called out.

This is obviously a horrible strategy, but I want some fucking blood.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 01:09:53 PM »
but I want some fucking blood.

I can point you in the direction of some folks who are obviously having their mensies right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 01:12:24 PM »
I can point you in the direction of some folks who are obviously having their mensies right now.

I prefer it come directly from the jugular vein and not be adulterated with all the spongy tissue, thankyaverymuch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 01:12:51 PM »
And he doesn't seem happy.  Plus, if it hasn't been mentioned, 11:21 a.m. starting time for Vandy.  copypasta al.com

AUBURN, Alabama -- Philip Lutzenkirchen's never been in this situation before, not that he can remember.
Back against the wall after a 1-4 start, Auburn has to find a way to turn the season around.

"I'm learning a lot about myself, learning a lot about my teammates as we deal with this and learning a lot about who's leaders, who's going to step up, and who's going to fall out," Lutzenkirchen said. "That's the point where we're at. People are either going to have an attitude and give up, or people are going to continue to fight."

Auburn held a team meeting on Sunday, and the seniors issued an ultimatum to the rest of the Tigers. "We made it pretty clear today," Lutzenkirchen said. "If you're not going to fight with us, we don't want you out there at all."

Auburn's offense is searching for an identity after turning the ball over five times, allowing eight sacks and failing to win the line of scrimmage against Arkansas.  Lutzenkirchen believes the Tigers have to go back to the basics.

"We've shown that we can run the ball, and we've shown that we can be physical," Lutzenkirchen said. "Yesterday, we didn't have that physicality."  Auburn picked up 321 yards and repeatedly drove into Arkansas territory before a sack or turnover killed any momentum the Tigers had built.

"I think we had good rhythm, it's just one guy makes a mistake and costs us the drive," Lutzenkirchen said. "We've got to quit shooting ourselves in the foot."  No matter what problems Auburn has had in this season's 1-4 start, Lutzenkirchen says the seniors are ready to scratch and claw, and the rest of the team has to follow.

"I think we have a good idea who's going to fight," Lutzenkirchen said, "and who's not."

When you have that kind of meeting, and those kind of words, the quitters have already revealed themselves and quit.  One more piece to the puzzle.  Chiz has lost this team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 01:28:21 PM »
When you have that kind of meeting, and those kind of words, the quitters have already revealed themselves and quit.  One more piece to the puzzle.  Chiz has lost this team.

With the way this season will shake out and (IF) no changes going into next year. He will go down as one of the worst hires in all of College football.

2010 will; be remembered as Cam and the seniors
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 02:09:45 PM »
Exactly.  If a dozen guys have given up, it doesn't matter what the other 73 do.  It's done. Time to plan camping trips for the weekends. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 02:17:47 PM »
Lutzie words seem to indicate that Kyle be da cuprit. What say you? (define:sophomore - perhaps from Greek sophos wise + mōros foolish)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 02:34:38 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 02:26:25 PM »
Lutzie words seem to indicate that Kyle be da cuprit. What say you?

Nah, Frazier has been major suckage at QB but a quitter I don't think so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 02:42:34 PM »
Lutzie words seem to indicate that Kyle be da cuprit. What say you? (define:sophomore - perhaps from Greek sophos wise + mōros foolish)

Didn't see that.  I took his comment about one guy making mistakes was more an indication of the way we played in the 3rd qtr when we were constantly going into 1st and 15.  Kiehl wasn't even in the game at that point.

Like Simp said, the guy has no confidence, no accuracy, and no ability to read defenses, but he's not a quitter!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 02:48:36 PM »
Ok then, let's compare his performance in the LSU game to the Arky game? Quitting can be as much an action as it is an attitiude. Meaning, do you think Kiehl played his heart out in the first half?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 02:48:57 PM »
Didn't see that.  I took his comment about one guy making mistakes was more an indication of the way we played in the 3rd qtr when we were constantly going into 1st and 15.  Kiehl wasn't even in the game at that point.

Like Simp said, the guy has no confidence, no accuracy, and no ability to read defenses, but he's not a quitter!

Jake is that you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 03:19:05 PM »
Jake is that you?

I wish we all knew who it is. I hate mysteries.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 03:22:05 PM »
I wish we all knew who it is. I hate mysteries.

There will be a group of quitters, and bad attitudes.  Frazier wont be in that group.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 03:22:54 PM »
Kyle was 9-14 for 131 yards in the first half.  His best performance to date.  He certainly could have made better decisions a couple of times throwing the ball away to avoid the sack, but Frazzers wasn't the problem Saturday.  The O-line matador blocking.  Dropped passes. Fumbles.  Penalties on first down putting them in a hole.  Players not having a clue where to line up on offense.  Failure to even try and utilize one of the best TE's in the nation. 

Scot Loeffler fail

As far as people "quitting" on the team, I think the problem lies with guys who aren't getting the PT they (And others) feel they deserve.  I do like what Lutz said.  About time somebody step up and try to be a leader, something we haven't had the last year and a half.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 03:44:10 PM »

Scot Loeffler fail

This I have been screaming since the MSU loss. Loaf is in way in over his head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 03:48:50 PM »
This I have been screaming since the MSU loss. Loaf is in way in over his head.

He is a problem. But not the problem. Moreso his hiring is another symptom of THE problem. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 03:50:32 PM »
I remember getting the message about a new OC hire.  I looked the guy up and went... ????? .... WHO?

I wondered WTF then, and altho I tried to assume someone saw something in him that I obviously did not, I still was worried.

I hate being right.  Over his head is an understatement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 03:57:13 PM »
I remember getting the message about a new OC hire.  I looked the guy up and went... ????? .... WHO?

I wondered WTF then, and altho I tried to assume someone saw something in him that I obviously did not, I still was worried.

I hate being right.  Over his head is an understatement.

He isn't the issue. The fact that he was hired and the person who hired the person who hired him is THE issue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 03:59:42 PM »
He isn't the issue. The fact that he was hired and the person who hired the person who hired him is THE issue.

That's alot people with alot of issues.  :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions