Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lutz Speaks

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Lutz Speaks
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 04:03:20 PM »
I think Reese Dismukes is a problem. I wouldn't doubt one bit if he was one of the guys they are referring to. When he got the penalty against him for the mis-snap, Moseley was getting on to him and Dismukes turned his back on him and elbowed him. Shit like that doesn't happen on a team where there are leaders.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 04:04:55 PM »
That's alot people with alot of issues.  :bar:

Yep.  And up the ladder is the point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 07:53:13 PM »
Kyle was 9-14 for 131 yards in the first half.  His best performance to date.  He certainly could have made better decisions a couple of times throwing the ball away to avoid the sack, but Frazzers wasn't the problem Saturday.  The O-line matador blocking.  Dropped passes. Fumbles.  Penalties on first down putting them in a hole.  Players not having a clue where to line up on offense.  Failure to even try and utilize one of the best TE's in the nation. 

Scot Loeffler fail

As far as people "quitting" on the team, I think the problem lies with guys who aren't getting the PT they (And others) feel they deserve.  I do like what Lutz said.  About time somebody step up and try to be a leader, something we haven't had the last year and a half.   
Agree about Lutz steppin up. Judging from the twitter boards it looks as if when have a few whinners. Say what you want about the coaches (and they have sucked to this point) but if the players don't believe then this thing won't get righted no matter who is the coach. Is this the coaches problem for letting it get to this point? Hell yeah. However, our guys would be well advised to STFU and do what is asked of them. That and develop a little passion, desire, and belief that you are gonna whip whoevers ass is in front of you on the field. If that would start happening maybe we would start to see some wins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 08:51:15 PM »
Agree about Lutz steppin up. Judging from the twitter boards it looks as if when have a few whinners. Say what you want about the coaches (and they have sucked to this point) but if the players don't believe then this thing won't get righted no matter who is the coach. Is this the coaches problem for letting it get to this point? Hell yeah. However, our guys would be well advised to STFU and do what is asked of them. That and develop a little passion, desire, and belief that you are gonna whip whoevers ass is in front of you on the field. If that would start happening maybe we would start to see some wins.

Me thinks practices being too soft has sumpn to do wif it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2012, 08:56:56 PM »
I thought we looked out of shape from the very beginning so it could be a combination of the two. Chizik himself stated in a presser after LSU that we didn't know how to finish.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2012, 09:53:23 PM »
I thought we looked out of shape from the very beginning so it could be a combination of the two. Chizik himself stated in a presser after LSU that we didn't know how to finish.

We don't know how to start either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2012, 10:14:48 PM »
We don't know how to start either.
We had one decent start v. LSU where the team displayed some fight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2012, 10:19:48 PM »
I'd buy that. We were sure as hell alot softer practicing for 2 weeks straight.

I think what I get tired of most is the need to improve here, need to improve there shit. There comes a point in time when the players are gonna have to fucking man up and whip someones ass. Like I said the coaches have let this become a shit storm and the blames on them for letting it get here. However, the coaching staff isn't gonna make a single block, catch one fucking pass, or throw one fucking pass for that matter. If you are a QB and a guy is 10 yards open, hit him in fucking stride. If you are a LBer and you see a hole open up, hit that motherfucker like a fucking mack truck. If you are an O-linemen or a D-lineman, grab the motherfucker thats in front of you, rip his fucking head off, and shit down his windpipe. Its fucking Division 1 football! Most of hese guys have been playing this sport their whole life. Time to fucking man up and own somebody.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2012, 10:30:36 PM »
From the 33 second mark on pretty much sums up how I feel about this team.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2012, 10:54:12 PM »
Maybe we need bags of marbles in the stands at the next home game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2012, 10:58:22 PM »
I think Reese Dismukes is a problem. I wouldn't doubt one bit if he was one of the guys they are referring to. When he got the penalty against him for the mis-snap, Moseley was getting on to him and Dismukes turned his back on him and elbowed him. Shit like that doesn't happen on a team where there are leaders.

Didn't see that, but you're right.  Damn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2012, 12:16:02 AM »

I think what I get tired of most is the need to improve here, need to improve there shit. There comes a point in time when the players are gonna have to fucking man up and whip someones ass. Like I said the coaches have let this become a shit storm and the blames on them for letting it get here. However, the coaching staff isn't gonna make a single block, catch one fucking pass, or throw one fucking pass for that matter. If you are a QB and a guy is 10 yards open, hit him in fucking stride. If you are a LBer and you see a hole open up, hit that motherfucker like a fucking mack truck. If you are an O-linemen or a D-lineman, grab the motherfucker thats in front of you, rip his fucking head off, and shit down his windpipe. Its fucking Division 1 football! Most of hese guys have been playing this sport their whole life. Time to fucking man up and own somebody.
This.......I got a boner...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2012, 06:24:08 AM »

Exactly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 08:36:02 AM »

If they're not coached to be that way, it doesn't just happen. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2012, 04:31:52 PM »
If they're not coached to be that way, it doesn't just happen.
So are you telling me Nick Fairley was coached to be a mean motherfucker? If so maybe we really do miss Rocker badly. However, I think alot of the problem boils down to the lack of grit in our player's shit. But maybe thats just me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2012, 04:34:53 PM »
So are you telling me Nick Fairley was coached to be a mean motherfucker? If so maybe we really do miss Rocker badly.

B-I-NGO.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2012, 04:47:36 PM »
B-I-NGO.

And Bingo was his name-o.

Many on this board may not remember much about Rocker as a player, but know he is one of the all time AU greats.  Rocker was the anchor of a line that was as badass as has ever worn the orange and blue.  We rarely blitzed because the front 4 just dominated the line of scrimmage and got all the pressure they needed.  I believe it was 1988 that we would have been playing for the MNC if it hadn't been for one decision to play prevent defense against LSU when they hadn't crossed midfield since the 1st quarter.  After that game, Auburn reeled off 4 straight shut outs, including a 16-0 (Don't quote me) win on the road against Go Gaytah.  Tracy Rocker was just a beast, moreso than Fairley IMO.  Fairley made several game changing plays and was obviously one nasty human on the field.  Rocker annhialated anything and everything that got near him.  Damn, I miss that guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2012, 04:51:32 PM »
So are you telling me Nick Fairley was coached to be a mean motherfucker? If so maybe we really do miss Rocker badly. However, I think alot of the problem boils down to the lack of grit in our player's shit. But maybe thats just me.

Rocker was one of the meanest coaches that I have ever seen coach. I played offense on a team where he coached DL, and they were fucking mean. Mean and nasty and it came from Rocker. He hated every fucking offensive player. I hated walking by him because he would just stare at you.

He was an intimidating mother fucker and he taught his players to be fucking nasty...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2012, 04:54:05 PM »
Rocker was one of the meanest coaches that I have ever seen coach. I played offense on a team where he coached DL, and they were fucking mean. Mean and nasty and it came from Rocker. He hated every fucking offensive player. I hated walking by him because he would just stare at you.

He was an intimidating mother fucker and he taught his players to be fucking nasty...

You just gave me wood and made me sad at the same time.  We had this guy and those pompous assholes just let him walk.  Damn
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2012, 04:59:16 PM »
Maybe thats what we need most. A coach, any coach on the sidelines that players know if they half ass it he it gonna put his foot in their ass. However. some of this shit is at the feet of our players. Sammie Coates seems to back up my theory about the lack of marbles..

''We've got to get used to it. If we're going to play like this, we're going to keep losing,'' the Tigers' redshirt freshman said on Tuesday. ''We either have to step up and turn around ... We've got a good team. We've got good athletes. We've got some of the best athletes that you can ask for. It's just, is it in their heart that they want to win or do they just want to keep going down?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/auburn-receiver-offers-blunt-team-194727161--ncaaf.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions