Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What is fucked cannot be unfucked

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: What is fudgeed cannot be unfudgeed
« Reply #220 on: October 18, 2018, 11:21:10 AM »
More Malz Madness:

"In the games, they have been excellent.  In practice, much the same.  They just need to carry that over to the games and score a few more points and win some games."

"The execution needs to be better at certain points."

Wait...what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: What is fucked cannot be unfucked
« Reply #221 on: October 18, 2018, 11:54:10 AM »
Auburn’s Gus Malzahn doesn’t feel like he’s coaching for his job

AUBURN — Naturally, the question came up during Gus Malzahn’s weekly news conference on Tuesday.
“It’s weird to think you’re seven games into this contract,” one reporter said, “but I have to ask you, do you feel you’re playing for your job at this point? That your performing for your job?”
Malzahn’s answer was “No.”
“I feel like I’m coaching for my players for the next game,” the sixth-year head coach continued. “We have to finish this thing the right way. I really expect us to do it. Are we disappointed? Yes, we’re disappointed, I’m disappointed and our players are disappointed, I know our fans are disappointed, but we have to get through this and we are going to get through it. The way you get through it is finish strong, and that’s what we’re going to do.”

It seems like a crazy question to ask, given that Malzahn is barely more than halfway through the first season of the seven-year, $49-million contract he signed in January. Seventy-five percent of that contract is guaranteed, so if Auburn decided it wanted to make a change after this season, it would owe the coach a buyout of $32.1 million.

But after a 30-24 loss to Tennessee this past Saturday, the Tigers are 4-4 since Malzahn agreed in principle to that contract following last year’s SEC Championship Game and 4-5 since knocking off eventual national champion Alabama in last year’s Iron Bowl at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
“I recognize that football and Auburn football and the standing of a coach is a hot topic, considering we’re not really where we want to be and not where we expected to be," athletic director Allen Greene told reporters Monday in Birmingham. “But as I’ve shared with coach, my responsibility is to support him and his team, and we’ll continue doing so.
"Part of our responsibility is to make sure that we’re getting the right things in place, sticking with that process and understanding that this isn’t a week-to-week deal here. I know that fans go up and down depending on the outcome of a game, but it’s our responsibility to really look down the road and make sure that we’re continuing to put the pieces of the puzzle together be successful for a long time.”
Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn walks the field after Tiger Walk before the Tennessee game Saturday, Oct. 13, 2018, at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Ala.
Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn walks the field after Tiger Walk before the Tennessee game Saturday, Oct. 13, 2018, at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Ala.  (Photo: Julie Bennett)

The Volunteers’ win over Auburn snapped their 11-game losing streak against conference opponents, which dated back to 2016, and gave them their first victory over an SEC West team since 2010.
The Tigers are now 4-3 overall and 1-3 in SEC play with losses to LSU, Mississippi State and Tennessee. On Monday, they fell out of the national rankings, marking the second time of the Malzahn era that they have gone from preseason top 10 in the AP Top 25 Poll to unranked altogether.
If Auburn’s dreams of repeating as SEC West champions weren’t dead after the loss in Starkville, Mississippi, two weeks ago, they certainly are now. Now, the team’s focus turns to getting itself bowl-eligible, which will take at least two wins over the final five games of the regular season.

Those final five games start with a trip to Ole Miss on Saturday and finish with consecutive games against No. 18 Texas A&M, No. 6 Georgia, Liberty and No. 1 Alabama following an Oct. 27 bye.
“I don’t think anybody expect us to be where we’re at. I didn’t, our players didn’t. We’ve been close, and the reality is we are here and you’ve got to own that, and I own it,” Malzahn said. “We’re at a point now where there’s no more championships, but we’re going to play for Auburn, we’re going to play for each other, we’ve got a staff and a group of players that are close and they’re going to keep fighting. We’re going to finish this thing on a positive. We’re going to be as good as we can be moving forward.”
Malzahn promised Tuesday that “there will be some tweaks” made before Saturday’s game in Oxford, Mississippi, though he declined to go into detail about what those might be.
They won’t be to the team’s play-calling hierarchy or at quarterback: Offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey will continue calling the plays, and Jarrett Stidham will continue running the offense despite committing three turnovers against the Volunteers.

Pretty much everything else could on the table.
“We’re going to roll up our sleeves this week,” Malzahn said. “This is a big game for us, obviously, going on the road and get a victory before we get to the off week.
“Our guys are playing extremely hard. They’re competitive. I’m not going to say the ball hasn’t bounced our way, because I believe you create your own fortune and your own success. I’m proud of my team for that, and we just need to figure out a way to take that next step to make the plays and seize the moment when we have the opportunity.”

Ok. This is a lot of the issue then.

No matter what your job is, you should treat everyday like you are performing well enough to keep your job.

Absolute complacency, narcissism and oblivious - all wrapped in one in those comments.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #222 on: October 18, 2018, 12:14:49 PM »
Ok. This is a lot of the issue then.

No matter what your job is, you should treat everyday like you are performing well enough to keep your job.

Absolute complacency, narcissism and oblivious - all wrapped in one in those comments.
That's the problem with a guaranteed 32 mil.  No skin in the game! None.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #223 on: October 18, 2018, 08:39:00 PM »
I'm about out of giveadamn to talk about any of this shit anymore, but those of you who think that there wasn't a powerful contingent of the Arky PTB that wanted Gus are just fucking wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #224 on: October 18, 2018, 10:22:53 PM »
I'm about out of giveadamn to talk about any of this shit anymore, but those of you who think that there wasn't a powerful contingent of the Arky PTB that wanted Gus are just fucking wrong.
I don't think that, but hearing my Arky guy talk like it was a masterful plot on their part to keep Auburn down was pretty interesting.   

I also don't believe there were enough PTBs in Arkansas who were enamored of Gus to ever make that work.  It would have been a divisive situation and I really don't think they could have pulled it off.  But that's just my own thought.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #225 on: October 18, 2018, 10:39:52 PM »
I didn't give a fuck if Arky was after him or not.  My take was very simple.  Write the man a nice bonus check for the two wins and if he still wants to bolt to Fayettenam, take yo' ass on.  The problem is very simple.  We ALL had more than enough sample size to know what this coach is all about.  We KNEW full well that this stretch we're going through is part of the Gus package. Yet, we gave him the code to the gate at Ft. Knox.

I've long since stopped blaming Gus.  He is what he is. Like every coach out there, he got his money.  The PTB knew what they were getting.  They still did the deal.  I heard so many say, "Well who would we get?"  And now everyone is saying, "Anyone would be better." 

Like I said in another thread.  We're blaming the wrong people. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #226 on: October 19, 2018, 12:51:31 AM »
I didn't give a fuck if Arky was after him or not.  My take was very simple.  Write the man a nice bonus check for the two wins and if he still wants to bolt to Fayettenam, take yo' ass on.  The problem is very simple.  We ALL had more than enough sample size to know what this coach is all about.  We KNEW full well that this stretch we're going through is part of the Gus package. Yet, we gave him the code to the gate at Ft. Knox.

I've long since stopped blaming Gus.  He is what he is. Like every coach out there, he got his money.  The PTB knew what they were getting.  They still did the deal.  I heard so many say, "Well who would we get?"  And now everyone is saying, "Anyone would be better."

Like I said in another thread.  We're blaming the wrong people.
I hope you're not insinuating that I should be blamed.  

I'm a little baffled, really.  

I was critical early.  I thought it was a poor choice to bring in a guy who had one year of head coaching experience to take over a program this enormous, in a league this deep and with the devil himself heading up the arch rival program.  I honestly believed it was more than he could handle.  

And then -- so very much like Terry Bowden -- his first year success made me doubt my assessment.  The players bought in, he turned a former UGA defensive back into a legitimate threat at QB.  It didn't matter how much time was on the clock, I honestly believed that team could score from anywhere at any time.  Score 40 on us?  We'll score 55. Fuck you.  I thought I saw Gus flinch at the end of the championship game when we squandered a lead and lost a game we should have won.  But I was still okay with it. Figured we'd be better in 2014. 

Through much of the 2014 season I was on board.  We went to MSU ranked second and that was the first time I really saw Gus pucker.  Froze in the red zone several times leading to fucking field goals instead of TDs.  That and a shitty start cost us the game.  Two weeks later, Gus broke.  When Marshall fumbled the snap against A&M and the (I honestly believed) inevitable touchdown didn't happen, his mind got fucked up and it hasn't been right since.  

I was ready to call it in 2015. That was a stumblefuck of epic proportions.  It's honestly very much like this season.  Started in the Top Ten. Opened with a narrow win in the Georgia Dome, fell apart against LSU and MSU.  Lost to Arkansas, Ole Miss, Georgia and Alabama dropping out of the Top 25 along the way. Managed to beat A&M to salvage a bowl trip.  And that's pretty much what I expect to happen this season.  That season was hot garbage. No reason for it to have sucked as badly as it did.  Along the way his "I'm running the offense, no I'm not, yes I am, no I'm not" equivocation proved clearly to me that he was in over his head.  

2016. Dipsy doodle. Whirly bird. Full fucktard. I wanted him fired three games in.  Then Kam Pettway came out of nowhere, Sean White balled out and it looked like he'd figured some shit out.  Nope.  Lost to a pathetic Georgia team, one of the worst I've ever seen in Athens, because the motherfucker has failed to figure out that you have to have more than one fucking player on a roster ready to play key positions.  Every single program in the universe seems to have a capable backup who comes in and handles business when the starter can't go.  Every program except ours.  One injury and we can't muster a single fucking first down against an abysmal Georgia defense.  Again, he proved he wasn't up to the job as a whole.  

2017. sigh. I honestly thought he'd finally figured things out when we physically dominated Georgia and Alabama.  Nope.  He's still what we thought he was.  One injury and we've got no alternatives.  None.  We can't fucking line up and execute a single simple play because ONE player is banged up.  I've seen junior high coaches manage that better.  

2018.  Fuck it. 

I don't care what happens from this point out.  He's proven that he's learning on the job but the problem is that the son of a bitch isn't LEARNING.  He makes the same chowderhead mistakes over and over and over.  He might be a great OC.  He might be a fantastic Xs and Os guy when that's all he has on his plate.  But he does not have the requisite experience to successfully manage a large organization -- which is what Auburn is. 

It's like taking a guy who makes really awesome pizzas for Dominos, letting him manage a Dominos store in Drizzledump Arkansas for a year and then appointing him CEO of the Dominos brand.  He might get lucky for a year or two because he knows some things about pizza cooking, but eventually his franchisees are going to figure out that he doesn't know what he's doing and will lose confidence.  Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, Papa Murphys, Marcos, Hunt Bros, Little Caesars and all the rest will also figure out that he's weak and bury his ass. 

We should never have put him in this position.  We damn sure shouldn't have overpaid him because that contract makes his performance completely untenable.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #227 on: October 19, 2018, 08:52:40 AM »
We lose the rematch against UGA in the SECCG because we have no running back healthy enough to carry the load similar to @ UGA the year before when they had a most pathetic team. (Nevermind they transformed that weak-assed offensive line in 2016 to become a 2017 contender.)

Then we have the bowl match-up and thoroughly shit the bed against UCF.
And brother never forget that our guy Stidham got put through the wringer that day, a beating as badly as I've ever witnessed an Auburn QB experience... and with our veteran line. Yeah we got by Washington at the start of this season but we (he) hasn't recovered. Not the same.
Seriously. Who's Stidham's coach and mentor? Who can he bounce ideas off of, Lindsey,
the guy Gus hired to save us from his own play calling disasters? Gus who doesn't believe in QB coaches? Oh wait now Gus is now allowing his QB's to seek outside help and Stidham can change plays at the line, always could.

Fuck Arkansas. It's a wasteland of football that has to depend heavily on imported talent and it isn't sustainable. They have enough on their plate with Chad Morris who has a very similar pedigree to that of Malzahn. The built-in machinations to do Auburn harm is total BS! They had their best chance with Petrino which predictably came to a screeching halt.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #228 on: October 19, 2018, 09:02:20 AM »
For that matter, Iowa State might have it in for us. 
Many Cyclonians might have been butt hurt over Chizik and then we "strategically" lure their big-time negotiating president away.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #229 on: October 19, 2018, 09:12:52 AM »
For that matter, Iowa State might have it in for us.
Many Cyclonians might have been butt hurt over Chizik and then we "strategically" lure their big-time negotiating president away.

If you believe the conspiracy theories, when The Plainsman uncovered a note in Leath's contract at ISU which stated he could be fired if he interviewed for another job at another university, Auburn BoT felt compelled to push forward with him as President. Thus why there were no meetings with the Faculty Senate - or faculty at all - no town hall style Q&As with staff and students. He was just named President. 

Makes one wonder if the the BoT (specifically a new power broker there) would be looking for a way to get out of him too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #230 on: October 19, 2018, 09:38:04 AM »
If you believe the conspiracy theories, when The Plainsman uncovered a note in Leath's contract at ISU which stated he could be fired if he interviewed for another job at another university, Auburn BoT felt compelled to push forward with him as President. Thus why there were no meetings with the Faculty Senate - or faculty at all - no town hall style Q&As with staff and students. He was just named President.

Makes one wonder if the the BoT (specifically a new power broker there) would be looking for a way to get out of him too.
The only backlash I could find against Leath (publicly) was his 52 flights with the university plane at the universities expense and the subsequent crash which he denied was pilot error contrary to the findings of an aviation expert who investigated.

One might read into this that the guy might never find error in any of his decision making and that he was going to take the family on a recreational joyride any damn time he pleased. Just saying!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #231 on: October 19, 2018, 09:57:33 AM »
Write the man a nice bonus check for the two wins and if he still wants to bolt to Fayettenam, take yo' ass on.  The problem is very simple.  We ALL had more than enough sample size to know what this coach is all about.  We KNEW full well that this stretch we're going through is part of the Gus package. Yet, we gave him the code to the gate at Ft. Knox.

Ex-fucking-actly!  Why in the 7 layers of hell were we (Auburn) giving away the farm?  I cannot for the life of me understand it.  As someone who has some amount of negotiating experience I do not understand how it happens?  We (Auburn) had the stronger negotiating platform and just said fuck it, "uncle".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #232 on: October 19, 2018, 10:02:01 AM »
Ex-fudgeing-actly!  Why in the 7 layers of hell were we (Auburn) giving away the farm?  I cannot for the life of me understand it.  As someone who has some amount of negotiating experience I do not understand how it happens?  We (Auburn) had the stronger negotiating platform and just said fudge it, "uncle".
Because, as I wrote before, Sexton or Gus or a combo of both got it in the Powers' That Be heads he was gonna walk to Arkansas if we didn't killed the fatted calf for him and his crazy-ass wife. So, we did. And now, we are screwed beyond the telling of it for doing so. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #233 on: October 19, 2018, 10:04:30 AM »
Because, as I wrote before, Sexton or Gus or a combo of both got it in the Powers' That Be heads he was gonna walk to Arkansas if we didn't killed the fatted calf for him and his crazy-ass wife. So, we did. And now, we are screwed beyond the telling of it for doing so.
You gotta be willing to say "walk bitch".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #234 on: October 19, 2018, 10:13:16 AM »
The Flush hath spoken

Image result for Get to steppin memes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #235 on: October 19, 2018, 10:29:31 AM »
Yep. But we didn't. And now we have to beat an Ole Miss squad coached by a can of spam with hair who is leading a team on probation just to make the damn Birmingham Bowl. Seems to me, we are the bitches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #236 on: October 19, 2018, 10:31:15 AM »
Where is it written in law that Auburn to pay him immediately? 
Just suspend him from all athletic functions and bide your time, let the coach of your choice finish out the year and then make a more "thoughtful", calculated decision.
Still have to pay him but this can get far uglier by allowing him to hang around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #237 on: October 19, 2018, 10:36:34 AM »
Ex-fucking-actly!  Why in the 7 layers of hell were we (Auburn) giving away the farm?  I cannot for the life of me understand it.  As someone who has some amount of negotiating experience I do not understand how it happens?  We (Auburn) had the stronger negotiating platform and just said fuck it, "uncle".
This is what I don't understand.  I'm supposedly not as smart as the President of our University and the BoT's but what the fuck are they thinking or seeing in Gus?  Why in fucksake would you make a contract like that.  I just don't get it.  Did they just not want to deal with a coaching search?  Does Gus give really good blow-jobs?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #238 on: October 19, 2018, 10:47:29 AM »
This is what I don't understand.  I'm supposedly not as smart as the President of our University and the BoT's but what the fuck are they thinking or seeing in Gus?  Why in fucksake would you make a contract like that.  I just don't get it.  Did they just not want to deal with a coaching search?  Does Gus give really good blow-jobs? 
Well, he is the Head Coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #239 on: October 19, 2018, 10:55:53 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions