Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Another Loss

noxin

Re: Another Loss
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2012, 10:10:11 AM »
On one series, he told his OC something about how the DB's were playing and it would be a good time to go deep.  Next play....BAM...fly pattern for 6.  That's more along the lines of what I would think Chizik does.     

Without the positive outcome, of course
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2012, 10:20:44 AM »
Without the positive outcome, of course

:thumsup: As soon as I typed that, I thought..."Wait for it.."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2012, 11:03:49 AM »
The only thing I know from the limited times I've watched practice, is that Chizik is extremely involved in the actual practices.  How much or how little he has as far as influence over what the OC and DC are doing, I have zero clue.  Anyone who has been to Chizik's version of a spring game and seen how he stands behind the play and coaches in between plays...that's similar to how he is in practice, except a hell of a lot more vocal.

From the outside looking in, I still can't bring myself to believe he interferes that much in the schemes or overall philosophies of Loeffler or Von Goiter.  I tend to think he does a good bit of in-game direction, as in seeing what the opposing D is doing and telling Loeffler to try this or that, or maybe telling BVG he wants to bring the heat this time.  But IMO, I think he lets them coach and is going to sink or swim with who he hires.  But, the last time Gene Chizik and I had a conversation about it was....oh....let's see.....

One quick note.  Several years back, FSU was playing and they had Bobby Bowden mic'd up for the game.  Pretty cool to listen to. On one series, he told his OC something about how the DB's were playing and it would be a good time to go deep.  Next play....BAM...fly pattern for 6.  That's more along the lines of what I would think Chizik does.     

Generally speaking, I'm pretty sure you're right.  He hires guys that he doesn't have to micromanage, and that mirror his philosophy.  That said, any good CEO will take the reigns from an underling if need be.  I'm virtually certain he did that last year with Malzahn.  He didn't take complete control, but he dictated that he needed to slow it down to help the defense.  You know what we were supposed to get with BVG.  Not there yet.  Hired Loeffler, IMHO, because he could tell him to implement a "run first, multiple, pro style offense", and that Loeffler had the knowledge and experience base to do so.  You can bet Chiz is all up in the game plan too, but not from a micromanaging standpoint.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2012, 02:41:55 PM »
Oh I agree with you, and I actually do agree that Chizik is probably pretty hands off when it comes to letting his assistants coach.  I am just tired of Zombie Prowler acting like he knows all the inner-workings of the Auburn Football program.

Shhhhh I think my Chizik phone is ringing.
So, you did agree with my post about Coach Chizik, but you felt the need to make an dumbass post telling me that I'm talking out of my ass and I don't know shit...when in reality, I do know what the fuck I'm talking about and you just proved it.

Do you and Wench share the high horse or do y'all each have one?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2012, 02:49:27 PM »
So, you did agree with my post about Coach Chizik, but you felt the need to make an dumbass post telling me that I'm talking out of my ass and I don't know shit...when in reality, I do know what the fuck I'm talking about and you just proved it.

You pretty much nailed it right there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2012, 02:50:03 PM »

See this where you don't see a difference..you state everything as fact as if you knew the inner workings of Auburn's Athletic Department.  It's not fact, it is your opinion. 

It is fine to have an opinion Prowler, but to say with absolute certainty that this is how Chizik does things is moronic. That is why I said you were talking out of your ass.

As far as proving anything, what I said doesn't prove you know anything.  I said I do agree that you are probably correct.  However, I don't nor have I ever said I know the inner workings of the football team, so while this appears to be the case...he could also be the biggest micromanager this side of saban who the fuck knows. Again you always state everything as fact.

As for horses, I don't care for them, they make too big of a mess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2012, 02:59:48 PM »
an dumbass?

Don't be an butthole
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2012, 03:04:27 PM »
See this where you don't see a difference..you state everything as fact as if you knew the inner workings of Auburn's Athletic Department.  You state everything as fact.  Its not fact, it is your opinion. 

It is fine to have an opinion Prowler, but to say with absolute certainty that this is how Chizik does things is moronic. That is why I said you were talking out of your ass.

As far as proving anything, what I said doesn't prove you know anything.  I said I do agree that you are probably correct.  However, I don't nor have I ever said I know the inner workings of the football team, so while this appears to be the case...he could also be the biggest micromanager this side of saban who the fuck knows. Again you always state everything as fact.

As for horses, I don't care for them, they make too big of a mess.
See what happens when you ASSume shit? You make an (ass) out of (you)rself with a certain post, then someone has to come around and point it out to everyone (me).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2012, 03:05:49 PM »
See what happens when you ASSume shit? You make an (ass) out of (you)rself with a certain post, then someone has to come around and point it out to everyone (me).
I give up, if you don't see the fucking difference you are an idiot. Your post above doesn't even make any sense btw.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2012, 03:27:15 PM »
Why Axl Rose ever left Gun N Roses I have no idea.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2012, 03:35:37 PM »
Why Axl Rose ever left Gun N Roses I have no idea.
He didn't have enough patience.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2012, 03:45:16 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2012, 04:00:28 PM »
He didn't have enough patience.

Yeeeahh yeeeah
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2012, 04:07:44 PM »
I give up, if you don't see the fucking difference you are an idiot. Your post above doesn't even make any sense btw.
Quiter!!!

I see that I made a statement, which you agreed with, but since I didn't put, IMO/this is what I think/I feel/whatever in the post, you automatically jump to the conclusion that I'm stating I know all the inner working of the Auburn Athletic Department. Also, who the fuck stated anything about knowing the inner workings of the Ath. Dept.? I never said that I knew the inner workings of anything. Are you going to keep Assuming shit after every post I make, dissecting every post to find irregularities in it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2012, 04:09:30 PM »
Quiter!!!

I see that I made a statement, which you agreed with, but since I didn't put, IMO/this is what I think/I feel/whatever in the post, you automatically jump to the conclusion that I'm stating I know all the inner working of the Auburn Athletic Department. Also, who the fuck stated anything about knowing the inner workings of the Ath. Dept.? I never said that I knew the inner workings of anything. Are you going to keep Assuming shit after every post I make, dissecting every post to find irregularities in it?
For fucks sake, you might actually be worse than Birmingham....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2012, 04:11:14 PM »
I was irregular this morning but I put a couple of spoon fulls of Metamusil on my Post Grape Nuts and got it all worked out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2012, 04:14:47 PM »
I was irregular this morning but I put a couple of spoon fulls of Metamusil on my Post Grape Nuts and got it all worked out.

PFFFFTTTTTT.......coffe is the way to go man. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2012, 04:19:40 PM »
PFFFFTTTTTT.......coffe is the way to go man.

Coffee is good too.  I'm talking about getting the plumbing going, not something to pick me up after a massive hangover.  Just.....sayin'......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2012, 04:23:17 PM »
Coffee is good too.  I'm talking about getting the plumbing going, not something to pick me up after a massive hangover.  Just.....sayin'......

Stomach mad at you for all the alcohol you consumed the night before?  That biscuit not helping?  Do you feel tired and lethargic?  Try coffee!  Get the best of both worlds. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2012, 04:39:07 PM »
I think I'm gonna go over to Target and see if they got any of those Candy Corn Flavored Oreos.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg