Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Another Loss

Another Loss
« on: September 22, 2012, 10:38:36 PM »
See what you want from this game, but there's one fact - We lost.

We lost when Quan Bray muffed the punt.

We lost when Kiehl Frazier had misreads and poor, inaccurate throws.

We lost when our offensive coordinator called fifteen sweeps that never worked.

We lost when our head coach took a timeout for no apparent reason when we had an injured player.

We lost when we failed to make necessary adjustments to win the game. 

We lost when it was 3rd and 12 with 5 minutes left in the and we ran it up the middle with Tre Mason. 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 10:40:14 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Another Loss
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 10:42:45 PM »
As usual WITH THIS COACHING STAFF.   We lost
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Yoda

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 10:48:24 PM »
Time to quit with the negativity.  We are 1-3, the season won't amount to shit.  I would feel like a hypocrite if I gave up on them now.  I don't want the players to quit playing and learning.  This year is now a learning season, play the young players and get ready for next year.  It will be gut check time, they are not playing for the goals they set before the season. It is now about pride.  Pride in yourself, your teammates, your coaches, your fans and your school.

We should all quit bitching, that is exactly what all the Bam's want.  It is the reason that they talk shit now, call talk shows posing as Auburn fans, the proof of that was on Colege Gameday.  If we give in now, we are no better than they are.

I will correct one thing, the players are now playing to beat the other school in this state the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  I only hope that do not give up but day in and day out continue to progress.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 10:53:20 PM »
Time to quit with the negativity.

If I found out that players and coaches read this board and were emotionally affected by what we say, I'd agree with you.

But they don't.  And even if they did, they probably wouldn't give two shits about what Townhallsavoy thinks about their football team.

So I'm going to continue with voicing negativity where it's due.  Why?  So that when Jay Jacobs or Jay Gogue or whoever has the power to make the tough decisions looks out at the Auburn fanbase, they may see a majority of people who are unhappy with mediocre football and see a majority of people who are unhappy with playing for pride and looking forward to the Alabama game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 10:58:01 PM »
Gene brought us a BCSNC.  Gene also brought us the first 3 loss team before the month of OCT in our FUCKING HISTORY!     :puke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 11:02:47 PM »
If we play this hard from here on out, we will at least be playing like an AU team.
I was proud of the fight tonight. If we had win, folks would just bitch that we got lucky.
Either way, it at least looked like an SEC Football game!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 11:10:46 PM »
Gene brought us a BCSNC.  Gene also brought us the first 3 loss team before the month of OCT in our FUCKING HISTORY!     :puke:
You realize that stat is very misleading, we didn't start playing more than two games before Oct. until after 1972 or '73. But hey, don't let facts stop you and the ”Lynch Mob” from trashing Auburn players and the coaching staff in the hopes that they'll be fired.

Any Auburn fan that is giving up on the coaches after four games and noticeable improvement, at the same time giving up on the players...well, y'all can fucking suck my dick, you pieces of shit fans.  Y'all might as well as rename this board The NurseryX, because all I see is a bunch of fucking crybabies looking for a tit to suck on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 11:13:08 PM »
Moral victory?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 11:14:09 PM »
Moral victory?

We improved! 

I think we should peruse Ole Miss websites for a while.  See how they phrase their emotions after losing football games. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 11:16:25 PM »
If I found out that players and coaches read this board and were emotionally affected by what we say, I'd agree with you.

But they don't.  And even if they did, they probably wouldn't give two shits about what Townhallsavoy thinks about their football team.

So I'm going to continue with voicing negativity where it's due.  Why?  So that when Jay Jacobs or Jay Gogue or whoever has the power to make the tough decisions looks out at the Auburn fanbase, they may see a majority of people who are unhappy with mediocre football and see a majority of people who are unhappy with playing for pride and looking forward to the Alabama game.

Wasn't really the point I was going for.  I understand calling out problems, such as Holland.  Jacobs isn't make any decisions by what we post on this board either.

I'm just tired of blasting the team and Chizik even if I don't agree with what is going on, I don't want the players to quit playing because of the losses and the negativity from fans.  We are only a third through the season, I can voice my opinion but it doesn't affect anything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 11:17:06 PM »
You realize that stat is very misleading, we didn't start playing more than two games before Oct. until after 1972 or '73. But hey, don't let facts stop you and the ”Lynch Mob” from trashing Auburn players and the coaching staff in the hopes that they'll be fired.

Any Auburn fan that is giving up on the coaches after four games and noticeable improvement, at the same time giving up on the players...well, y'all can fucking suck my dick, you pieces of shit fans.  Y'all might as well as rename this board The NurseryX, because all I see is a bunch of fucking crybabies looking for a tit to suck on.

You do realize that we have played at least three fucking games before Oct 1 for my (and probably your) entire fucking life.  Keep sucking those dicks and keep burying your head deeper in the sand.

And for the record, I haven't said that anybody should be fired.  Fucker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 11:17:39 PM »

But they don't.  And even if they did, they probably wouldn't give two shoots about what Townhallsavoy thinks about their football team.

If the players aren't reading the message boards I doubt that Jacobs or Gogue are either. 

I did see improvement tonight.  If they continue to improve then the coaches deserve another season.  If they don't, then we have decisions to make.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 11:19:49 PM »
If the players aren't reading the message boards I doubt that Jacobs or Gogue are either. 

I did see improvement tonight.  If they continue to improve then the coaches deserve another season.  If they don't, then we have decisions to make.

I didn't mean that Gogue and Jacobs do.  I meant that our small voices can point out areas of needed improvement and can poignantly criticize the program where criticism is warranted.  That, hopefully, will wake up some Auburn fans who look at this season combined with last season and think that Chizik is doing an upstanding job. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 11:23:15 PM »
I didn't mean that Gogue and Jacobs do.  I meant that our small voices can point out areas of needed improvement and can poignantly criticize the program where criticism is warranted.  That, hopefully, will wake up some Auburn fans who look at this season combined with last season and think that Chizik is doing an upstanding job.

There is only one person on this board that meets the above, and he is completely lost, absolutely no hope, delusional.  Proof, see the "after 4 games thread" we go 7-5/8-4 this year. :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2012, 11:58:06 PM »
There is only one person on this board that meets the above, and he is completely lost, absolutely no hope, delusional.  Proof, see the "after 4 games thread" we go 7-5/8-4 this year. :haha:
No, stupid fuck, I'm realistic. I see continuous improvement and I'll continue to see improvement which will put us over the .500 mark.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 12:01:50 AM »
You do realize that we have played at least three fucking games before Oct 1 for my (and probably your) entire fucking life.  Keep sucking those dicks and keep burying your head deeper in the sand.

And for the record, I haven't said that anybody should be fired.  Fucker.
My bad, I figured that you did...since it seems like everyone here, except me and a couple others that I've spoken to, were all about firing anyone and everyone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 12:51:39 AM »
No, stupid fuck, I'm realistic. I see continuous improvement and I'll continue to see improvement which will put us over the .500 mark.

You are the furthest thing from realistic dumbass.  In year four of a program you should not be seeing continuos improvement leading to a 6-6 season.  And again how is 187 total offensive yards an improvement?  You really need to shut the fuck up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 01:45:34 AM »
From the perspective of a guy who went to the game (me), there was no shame in the way we fought tonight. Defensively, a hard hitting, hard fought game. The defense came to play ball.

On offense, the only word I can use to accurately describe it is enept. Very frustrating watching us bumble fuck around. The play calling was absolutely horrible. Our OC put us in a bad spot over and over.

The crowd was fucking electric during the game. Driving in to Auburn, the atmosphere was blah. No excitement whatsoever from either Auburn or LSU fans. It definitely took a 180 turn inside the stadium. It reminded me of the old "knock a snot bubble" games we're used to seeing in this rivalry.

I bought a ticket outside the stadium for $20. Lower level seat in section 13.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 02:03:07 AM »
All I'm going to say about this is the following:

1) If we hadn't been completely embarrassed by Mississippi Fucking State, the loss tonight would be a hell of a lot easier to take.  If we'd beaten them a lot of things might feel differently.  But we didn't.

2) The offense is a fucking disgrace.  There's no excuse for a college team looking that bumbling.  And yeah, you can put a whole heaping load of it on Frazier.  The fairy pass he floated that was intercepted?  Full tard.  And once that happened?  He turned into Fred Fucking Astaire again.  Dance, dance, dance, fall down.  Like the Apple Dumpling Gang, can't pull the trigger.  Pretty obvious the team has no confidence in him.

3) If we don't beat the trailer fire that is Arkansas?  Shut the gates and just practice until next season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2012, 08:03:59 AM »
All I'm going to say about this is the following:

1) If we hadn't been completely embarrassed by Mississippi Fucking State, the loss tonight would be a hell of a lot easier to take.  If we'd beaten them a lot of things might feel differently.  But we didn't.

Exactly.

How do we know the defensive effort tonight wasn't a fluke?

I haven't seen an AU defense play like that since Chizik arrived.  Now I'm suddenly supposed to apologize for my previous feelings and think that we're just a work in progress?  All after one game against a team that is known for having offensive buffoonery at times during a season? 

Crow's not served.  Not yet.  Definitely not after a loss.  Definitely not when we're 1-3. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions