Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Another Loss

Yoda

Re: Another Loss
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2012, 11:18:30 AM »
Alright I got a question, we have shown that we are able to run up the middle with Mason.  We can run outside with misdirection on occasion when it is set up properly.  We have used the fake sweep to set up the run up the middle.  Why have we not transitioned that into a play action pass?  Would have been a good use when we got the safety and also on the 2nd down play before the overthrow to Omac.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2012, 11:23:29 AM »
I watched the first half on the ESPN replay (which sucks since they edit out the "non-productive series"), and I thought I saw Loeffler on the sidelines talking with Chizik after a failed 3rd down conversion.  He started the season in the booth, has he made a transition to the sideline?  If so, can we read anything into that?  Some in-game coaching for Frazier, perhaps?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2012, 11:25:39 AM »
I watched the first half on the ESPN replay (which sucks since they edit out the "non-productive series"), and I thought I saw Loeffler on the sidelines talking with Chizik after a failed 3rd down conversion.  He started the season in the booth, has he made a transition to the sideline?  If so, can we read anything into that?  Some in-game coaching for Frazier, perhaps?

Gotta be honest - that is where I have wanted him all season.  If you are just the OC, then maybe being in the booth is a good thing so you can see the plays develop, see formations, etc..  But if you are also a position coach, ESPECIALLY the QB coach, and you have specific players that are your specific responsibility, then talking on a phone won't work.  You need to be there for him, to praise, to get in his face, make adjustments, coach up, whatever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2012, 11:26:55 AM »
Gotta be honest - that is where I have wanted him all season.  If you are just the OC, then maybe being in the booth is a good thing so you can see the plays develop, see formations, etc..  But if you are also a position coach, ESPECIALLY the QB coach, and you have specific players that are your specific responsibility, then talking on a phone won't work.  You need to be there for him, to praise, to get in his face, make adjustments, coach up, whatever.

Totally agree.  Assistants can sit in the booth and relay info to the sidelines, but I want my OC/DC and especially my QB coach on the sideline.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2012, 11:27:46 AM »

I read Chizik's lips during one of the camera shots.  Chizik was telling Loeffler to go talk to Frazier and tell him to calm down.  It was after a really badly overthrown ball.

Maybe Loeffler lacks in-game coaching skills?  Motivational skills?  Who knows.  But Chizik was definitely coaching him up during the game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

wesfau2

« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2012, 11:31:05 AM »
I read Chizik's lips during one of the camera shots.  Chizik was telling Loeffler to go talk to Frazier and tell him to calm down.  It was after a really badly overthrown ball.

Maybe Loeffler lacks in-game coaching skills?  Motivational skills?  Who knows.  But Chizik was definitely coaching him up during the game.

So, the answer to my question is: Yes, Loeffler was on the sideline?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2012, 11:33:35 AM »
So, the answer to my question is: Yes, Loeffler was on the sideline?

Yes, he was. I also thought I saw Chizik getting on Loeffler at one point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2012, 11:37:06 AM »
I saw a write up on it yesterday how they decided to make the switch and put him on the field.  I think that was Loeffler's preference in the first place.  Not sure why he's been in the booth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2012, 11:46:18 AM »
I saw a write up on it yesterday how they decided to make the switch and put him on the field.  I think that was Loeffler's preference in the first place.  Not sure why he's been in the booth.
Not according to the article at the beginning of the season Loeffler wanted to be in the booth.  Damn Jay Jacobs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2012, 11:54:33 AM »
copypasta teh eagle

Auburn notebook: Freshman quarterback Wallace debuts in Wildcat role

By: Ryan Wood | Opelika-Auburn News
Published: September 23, 2012 Updated: September 23, 2012 - 12:16 AM
» 0 Comments | Post a Comment
AUBURN - Finally, the time was right for Auburn freshman quarterback Jonathan Wallace.

Playing a Wildcat role during a 12-10 loss Saturday night to LSU – the same job starting quarterback Kiehl Frazier had last season – Wallace ran for 15 yards on three carries.

It was the first time the former Central star got on the field in four games.

“It was a lot of fun, and it was exciting as a freshman getting able to play,” Wallace said.

Auburn coach Gene Chizik said the true freshman deserved playing time.

“Jonathan has made a pretty consistent track in terms of improvement out of practice, and we like his poise,” Wallace said. “He is an extremely intelligent young man when it comes to the game of football. He was very successful in high school with his team, and he earned the right to play.

“That is as simple as I can put it, and he will continue to earn the right to play some more.”

Loeffler likes view from the sideline

Auburn offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler usually stays in the coaching box during games, calling plays down to the field.

Against LSU’s stout defense, he and Chizik decided it was better to be able to have personal interaction with their young starting quarterback. So for the first time this season, Loeffler coached from the sideline Saturday.

“We thought it was best that I could be face-to-face with Kiehl,” Loeffler said. “It was good to be face-to-face with him to make adjustments.”

Loeffler said he will likely coach from the sideline when Auburn plays Arkansas in two weeks at Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Defensive tackles get penetration

No matter which players rotated in, Auburn’s defensive tackles had struggled to get into the offensive backfield this season.

Junior Jeff Whitaker said the tackles penetrated more Saturday, one of the primary changes that led to defensive improvement. The reason, Whitaker said, was a better understanding of run fits in defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder’s system.

“We’re in this defense, it’s a new defense and each week we’re getting better and better with understanding what are the things that you can and can not do, and what are your gap responsibilities,” Whitaker said. “I think it’s just coming all together, and plus we played together today.”

Auburn plays with heavy hearts

Auburn had an emotional Saturday night for a much more important reason than its close loss to LSU.

Before the game, Chizik said he and the team learned Joe Bagwell, a 23-year-old student assistant coach from Huntsville, had died. The cause of death was not revealed.

“It is a very heavy heart for myself and a lot of our players and a lot of our coaches right now,” Chizik said. “The young man, who was a student assistant with us in football, passed away shortly before the game unexpectedly, and it is very tragic. Our thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.”

Bagwell was a student trainer for Auburn last season.

Quick hits

With his 59 return yards Saturday, senior running back Onterio McCalebb now has 1,058 kick return yards for his career, making him the first player in Auburn history to have more than 2,000 rushing, 1,000 kick return and 500 receiving yards. The last SEC player to accomplish that feat was Kentucky's Derrick Locke (2007-10). ... Cody Parkey's 40-yard field goal ties him with Wes Byrum for the longest streak of made field goals with nine in a row. ... Emory Blake's 56 receiving yards gives him 1,455 for his career, moving him into 11th all-time atAuburn, passing Ronney Daniels (1,446). ...Auburn lost just its third game under Chizik when leading at halftime. The Tigers are now 23-3 when taking a lead into the break. ... The first-quarter safety was the first Auburn has given up since the 2008 Mississippi State game. That game ended in a 3-2 Tigers' victory in Starkville, Miss.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2012, 12:00:56 PM »
Anyone see Ladarius Owens play Saturday?  I know he's firmly in the rotation at DE but I kept looking for him Saturday night and never saw him get in.  Not saying he didn't just missed him if he did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2012, 12:15:14 PM »
Anyone see Ladarius Owens play Saturday?  I know he's firmly in the rotation at DE but I kept looking for him Saturday night and never saw him get in.  Not saying he didn't just missed him if he did.
He played. Some good and some bad. LSU's RB beat him to the corner for their only TD of the night
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2012, 12:24:41 PM »
He played. Some good and some bad. LSU's RB beat him to the corner for their only TD of the night

If you're keeping score at home that was one of the bad ones.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2012, 12:29:31 PM »
If you're keeping score at home that was one of the bad ones.
He's not the best color man in the business for nothin folks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2012, 05:50:41 PM »
He's not the best color man in the business for nothin folks.

You can't say goddamn on the air.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Token

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2012, 05:55:52 PM »
You can't say goddamn on the air.

Relax, nobody's listening anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2012, 08:51:57 AM »
You are the furthest thing from realistic dumbass.  In year four of a program you should not be seeing continuos improvement leading to a 6-6 season.  And again how is 187 total offensive yards an improvement?  You really need to shut the fuck up.
It's time for you to wake the fuck up and realize that this is the fourth year, we have a NEW OC bringing in a Pro-Style Offense, transitioning from the Spread Option Offense (hint: The QB had played in the same Spread Option Offense since his Freshman year, in High School)...we're also have a NEW DC bringing in his NFL style of 4-3, trying to unfuck the the situation that he was brought into (hint: the MLB is the QB of the Defense, CBVG's Defense takes more than a few games to grasp...this coming from former UGA LBer Boss Bailey). Both systems take time, it's nearly the same systematic change that Michigan went through when they hired Rich Rod, but this time it's on both side of the ball and we don't have a pocket passing QB, yet (Frazier is still in the learning phase and he could become something special with a little more time and maturity)....there it is again, time (patience).

Also, you should watch the game again...watch the ZERO push that our OL gets on their front 4 and realize that yes they have underclassmen on their Defense, but it's a system that's been in place for a few years now, coached by a top notch DC in John Chavis (If you have a Dominant front 4, everyone behind them looks a lot better).

So, maybe you should be the one to shut your fucking mouth...unless you want to keep making an ass out of yourself with each and every post.

Patience is a virtue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2012, 09:11:28 AM »
..........patience........patience........patience........just a little patience

Patience is a virtue.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2012, 11:10:34 AM »
I don't have any reason to believe it won't be exactly the same as last year. 

Wallace is the new Frazier.
Not even close. Wallace actually runs the ball. Captain tip-toe NEVER actually ran the ball.

If they can get Wallace a few short passes off of the run fake, it will open up the field for him to run. And he does look to have some wheels.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2012, 11:14:02 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions