Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

While We're Ripping Apart Every Other Aspect..

Re: While We're Ripping Apart Every Other Aspect..
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 01:41:02 PM »
I think for ever Karibe DeeDee you produce, I could name Alex Lincoln or a Pounds.

But thinking back, who was the DC before Chizik?  Lovell? I thought his philosophy was to take "bigger" defensive backs and move them to a hybrid linebacker/DB role?  Or was that Chizik?  fudge, I can't remember.  Or was it more a philosophy of Tubs?

Wonder if that's why Gibbs bolted?

That was Tubs, he learned that (along with how to cheat) from Jimmy Johnson at Miami.  That was his philosophy there and with the Cowboys. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 01:41:47 PM »
Squat...backpedal...squat...backpedal....squat....backpedal. 

Run awaaaaayyyyyy....

Jake Holland is a 6-0, 231-pound Inside Linebacker from Pelham, AL. He is ranked No. 231 in the country by 247Sports.

Holland is the No. 7 recruit in Alabama (AL) and is the No. 7 Inside Linebacker in the nation.

Holland has a 247Sports rating of 91, making him a 4-star prospect.

He has committed to Auburn Tigers.

From His BIO-SO the question is were there only 6 others in the state and 230 in the nation?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 01:42:24 PM »
how to cheat from Jimmy Johnson at Miami. 

That was his philosophy there and with the Cowboys.

Look man, paying players is perfectly legal in the NFL  :thumsup: Therefore, Jimmy was a natural in pro ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2012, 01:51:36 PM »
We have lots of issues. I don't think Yox is one of them.

Agree.  Just one example I know, but Dee Ford is playing about 50lbs heavier than when he arrived at Auburn.   Yox can bulk them up if they need it.  He can take weight off them too.  I think I read Whittaker lost about 20lbs in the off season because they wanted him quicker.  Can't tell it's helped any though, but that's not on Yox.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2012, 01:55:34 PM »
Agree.  Just one example I know, but Dee Ford is playing about 50lbs heavier than when he arrived at Auburn.   Yox can bulk them up if they need it.  He can take weight off them too.  I think I read Whittaker lost about 20lbs in the off season because they wanted him quicker.  Can't tell it's helped any though, but that's not on Yox.

All you have to do is look at pictures to see Yox is doing his job. Most of these dudes are massive and chiseled. They look conditioned on the surface. Issue is in the head/coaching/developing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2012, 02:01:53 PM »
Jake Holland is a 6-0, 231-pound Inside Linebacker from Pelham, AL. He is ranked No. 231 in the country by 247Sports.

Holland is the No. 7 recruit in Alabama (AL) and is the No. 7 Inside Linebacker in the nation.

Holland has a 247Sports rating of 91, making him a 4-star prospect.

He has committed to Auburn Tigers.

From His BIO-SO the question is were there only 6 others in the state and 230 in the nation?

The real burning question is why is this player, and one like Frazier, seemingly regressing in their ability to play the game they were recruited to play while at Auburn, while across the state there's a program churning out NFL draft picks left and right from the same talent pool with similar recruiting rankings?

4 star, #5 at position, 89 nationally http://rivals.yahoo.com/Alabama/football/recruiting/player-Kiehl-Frazier-79416 and he can't fucking play a lick.

4 star, #7 at postion, 128 nationally, http://rivals.yahoo.com/alabama/football/recruiting/player-AJ-McCarron-63348 and is a competent, even good college QB with a NC ring.  This pencil necked fuck can play, and Frazier can't?  Why?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2012, 02:02:39 PM »
All you have to do is look at pictures to see Yox is doing his job. Most of these dudes are massive and chiseled. They look conditioned on the surface. Issue is in the head/coaching/developing.

Agree, see above post.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2012, 02:10:11 PM »
The real burning question is why is this player, and one like Frazier, seemingly regressing in their ability to play the game they were recruited to play while at Auburn, while across the state there's a program churning out NFL draft picks left and right from the same talent pool with similar recruiting rankings?

4 star, #5 at position, 89 nationally http://rivals.yahoo.com/Alabama/football/recruiting/player-Kiehl-Frazier-79416 and he can't fucking play a lick.

4 star, #7 at postion, 128 nationally, http://rivals.yahoo.com/alabama/football/recruiting/player-AJ-McCarron-63348 and is a competent, even good college QB with a NC ring.  This pencil necked fuck can play, and Frazier can't?  Why?

Makes me wonder if Malzahn truly WAS masking a lot of our deficiencies last year. I mean, I know we looked bad last year but the shit I see this year is an abortion. I take everything I said bad about Loeffler back. I was wrong. He gave KF plenty of chances in the playcalling (as evidenced in some stills posted). KF just froze up. I'm not sure Loeffler can do much else. I really think he was not developed properly. Player development starts with the HC - how you bring them along, get them in games, mentor them, make sure they are learning, etc. Holland and Frazier were both 4 star, top 10 in their position recruits. They were talented at some point. Enough to be ranked that high and for other major D1 programs to want them. We have regressed both of these guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2012, 02:20:41 PM »
Playing devil's advocate here.  Lighter and quicker is fine.  But why is Whittaker getting pushed to the sidelines.  (He literally did get pushed all the way to the sidelines on a play up the middle Saturday)  Getting push up the middle means a lot of things including angles and leverage but it also has to include leg strength.  Guys are going to bulk up or slim down in every college program. Ask Demarcus Ware.  Like I said, these guys are at a time in their lives where growth is at a premium.  Weight training, all the best foods anythime they want.  The question is are we strong enough not to get pushed around by Tongans?

I watched LSU this weekend.  I'm not looking forward to anything about that Saturday except food and drink.  A lot of it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2012, 02:27:44 PM »
I watched LSU this weekend.  I'm not looking forward to anything about that Saturday except food and drink.  A lot of it.

What about me?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2012, 02:28:54 PM »
Makes me wonder if Malzahn truly WAS masking a lot of our deficiencies last year. I mean, I know we looked bad last year but the shit I see this year is an abortion. I take everything I said bad about Loeffler back. I was wrong. He gave KF plenty of chances in the playcalling (as evidenced in some stills posted). KF just froze up. I'm not sure Loeffler can do much else. I really think he was not developed properly. Player development starts with the HC - how you bring them along, get them in games, mentor them, make sure they are learning, etc. Holland and Frazier were both 4 star, top 10 in their position recruits. They were talented at some point. Enough to be ranked that high and for other major D1 programs to want them. We have regressed both of these guys.

We're not allowed to see all of practices, so we can't know what is going on all the time.  It's difficult for me to believe that BVG has had the success he's had, and doesn't know how to build a defense, and defensive players from the ground up. 

It's difficult for me to believe that with all the programs, coaches, and players he's been around that Loeffler doesn't know how to build an offense, and know the skills needed at each position to make it work. 

Same same for the other assistants, with the understanding that some ACs are kept around more for their recruiting skills than coaching skills, but still then, it's the job of the coordinator to make sure that coach knows the things he's supposed to coach each day, and focus on.  No AC is, or rather should not be, left to his own devices to coach his position.  The the coordinator should direct what skills are taught, and may even have directives on how they're to be taught, though I would expect that if Loeffler gives Grimes the assignment on a particular day to focus on say pass pro, then he'll give grimes the Xs and Os part, but let Grimes decide how to teach the individual skills. 

Some have railed on Grimes, but I don't get it.  The OL in 2009 was good, stellar in 2010, and poor last year with 3 Fr starting, yet improved this year with the same number of Fr starting.  To me, OL is not a major issue this year, and the same can't be said for almost any other position except maybe RB/FB, and to a lesser extent WR/TE.  We do at least have one of each that can catch if Frazier ever gets them the ball.  DL, LBs, and DBs suck monkey nuts with the exception of the DEs.  Whittaker is, IMHO, a bust for his recruiting ranking of 4 star, 5th at his position, and 54th in the nation.  He's a Jr.  He even had some time under The Rock.  He's done jack shit.   

Something is missing in the development process.  I don't know what it is, but Chiz better fucking figure it out. 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 02:30:45 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2012, 02:29:56 PM »
What about me?

I'm gonna' touch your face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2012, 02:52:05 PM »
I'm gonna' touch your face.
Auburn ain't the only one getting their shit pushed in that weekend  :gig:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2012, 03:00:08 PM »
We're not allowed to see all of practices, so we can't know what is going on all the time.  It's difficult for me to believe that BVG has had the success he's had, and doesn't know how to build a defense, and defensive players from the ground up. 

It's difficult for me to believe that with all the programs, coaches, and players he's been around that Loeffler doesn't know how to build an offense, and know the skills needed at each position to make it work. 

Same same for the other assistants, with the understanding that some ACs are kept around more for their recruiting skills than coaching skills, but still then, it's the job of the coordinator to make sure that coach knows the things he's supposed to coach each day, and focus on.  No AC is, or rather should not be, left to his own devices to coach his position.  The the coordinator should direct what skills are taught, and may even have directives on how they're to be taught, though I would expect that if Loeffler gives Grimes the assignment on a particular day to focus on say pass pro, then he'll give grimes the Xs and Os part, but let Grimes decide how to teach the individual skills. 

Some have railed on Grimes, but I don't get it.  The OL in 2009 was good, stellar in 2010, and poor last year with 3 Fr starting, yet improved this year with the same number of Fr starting.  To me, OL is not a major issue this year, and the same can't be said for almost any other position except maybe RB/FB, and to a lesser extent WR/TE.  We do at least have one of each that can catch if Frazier ever gets them the ball.  DL, LBs, and DBs suck monkey nuts with the exception of the DEs.  Whittaker is, IMHO, a bust for his recruiting ranking of 4 star, 5th at his position, and 54th in the nation.  He's a Jr.  He even had some time under The Rock.  He's done jack shit.   

Something is missing in the development process.  I don't know what it is, but Chiz better fucking figure it out.

You mentioned Rock. Weve also been through Roof, Lolley, Malzahn....who is the common coach this whole time? Their boss. Buck stops at him. Leadership and development comes from the top down and he ain't cutting it right now, obviously.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2012, 03:08:44 PM »
Auburn ain't the only one getting their shit pushed in that weekend  :gig:
I didn't know VV was coming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2012, 03:09:56 PM »

DAMNIT you AWK!! You stoldt my punchline.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2012, 03:10:34 PM »
You mentioned Rock. Weve also been through Roof, Lolley, Malzahn....who is the common coach this whole time? Their boss. Buck stops at him. Leadership and development comes from the top down and he ain't cutting it right now, obviously.

Agree.  But IF that is the case, and it seems to be, isn't it proof he's in over his head as an SEC HC?  And if he is in over his head?  Who "develops" the HC? 

I didn't hear it, and the guy that told me this isn't always reliable to repeat things exactly right, maybe you or someone else heard it, but he claims to have heard Lutz in the post game presser make the statement "we don't call the plays, we just do what we're told".  Now, context is everything, and I don't know what the question was, or even if that statement is accurate, but it left him believing there's some internal strife going on.  Maybe some failure to buy in.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2012, 03:11:06 PM »
DAMNIT you AWK!! You stoldt my punchline.
I figure I would just beat you guys to it, because I knew it was coming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2012, 03:11:44 PM »

With skittles:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2012, 03:15:19 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.