Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Some Notes on Van Gorder's PC

Some Notes on Van Gorder's PC
« on: September 11, 2012, 10:36:45 PM »
Aaron Brenner ‏@wareagleextra
VanGorder wants to see better run defense. "Just bad tackling. Showed up again Saturday a couple of occasions."

VanGorder: "There's no shortcuts to getting better."

Kolton Browning will be a handful on third down. BVG: "It's no different than prepping for NFL QB, like Vick or Newton or Rodgers."

Shit!  Their quarterback can run?!?!

VanGorder anticipates personnel changes. "It'll be an evaluation throughout the season."

Chizik was okay with 4 of Auburn's 6 top tacklers being DBs. VanGorder is not. Vehemently.

:sad:

VanGorder wants to see more playmakers on the defensive line. That's what you see in the NFL.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Yoda

Re: Some Notes on Van Gorder's PC
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 11:16:24 PM »
How the hell do evaluate players that are standing on the sidelines?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 03:21:12 AM »
Practice, eventhough you don't truly know what you have in the player until gametime rolls around, but practice is where you earn the coach's trust in being able to perform on Saturdays. The problem that we're facing right now is that the 2nd and 3rd string guys, at LB and the Secondary are still learning the system and trying to learn how to juggle College live with football. They're also still learning how to practice at a higher level. That sounds like an excuse...because it is and it's the cold hard facts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Yoda

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 07:36:02 AM »
Practice, eventhough you don't truly know what you have in the player until gametime rolls around, but practice is where you earn the coach's trust in being able to perform on Saturdays. The problem that we're facing right now is that the 2nd and 3rd string guys, at LB and the Secondary are still learning the system and trying to learn how to juggle College live with football. They're also still learning how to practice at a higher level. That sounds like an excuse...because it is and it's the cold hard facts.

I get that but some players don't practice well but when the lights come on natural talent takes over. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 09:56:35 AM »
Chizik was okay with 4 of Auburn's 6 top tacklers being DBs. VanGorder is not. Vehemently.

Do not like this at all.  Sounds like a different set of standards from the head man to one of the managers. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 10:04:29 AM »
Do not like this at all.  Sounds like a different set of standards from the head man to one of the managers.

Do we have the entire quote?  Context is everything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 10:11:19 AM »

Or on their back? 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 10:13:58 AM »
Or on their back? 

To be fair that was pre fro.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 10:17:42 AM »
Do we have the entire quote?  Context is everything.

Good point, I will mosey on over to Rivals and scout and see if they have video. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 10:17:57 AM »

Ummm, I have to agree with Coach Stache on this one. This defense has been like this the last 4 years. BVG has been here 2 games. Someone else, however, has been on the sideline coaching for 4 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 10:44:59 AM »
Ummm, I have to agree with Coach Stache on this one. This defense has been like this the last 4 years. BVG has been here 2 games. Someone else, however, has been on the sideline coaching for 4 years.

I am in agreement with BVG as well, but I don't like the disconnect between HC and DC.  That doesn't bode well for the team if they are not on the same page. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 10:48:43 AM »
I am in agreement with BVG as well, but I don't like the disconnect between HC and DC.  That doesn't bode well for the team if they are not on the same page.

Which all goes back to it being on the head coach. Period.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 10:55:33 AM »
Which all goes back to it being on the head coach. Period.

Agree, which is what I don't like about it.  Apparently his expectations are not as high, if you go from that quote.  Not good, not good at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 11:02:34 AM »
Agree, which is what I don't like about it.  Apparently his expectations are not as high, if you go from that quote.  Not good, not good at all.

If he is perfectly ok with our mike playing 8-9 yards off the line, then yes I guess the DBs making that many tackles is not a surprise. Again, another reason to scratch your head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 02:54:12 PM »
To be fair that was pre fro.

There was no "pre-fro".  There's fro, and the current long and flowing goldieloxfro

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 02:55:57 PM »

Reminds me of 2008 when Tubs and Franklin didn't get together and said the opposite things to the media about the QB situation and who was making the calls.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions