Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

They Took Our Signals!

They Took Our Signals!
« on: September 12, 2012, 11:13:03 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MSU coaches said the defense was able to take Frazier, who had 18 yards passing in the first three quarters, out of comfort zone because of the "trickle down effect," which allowed the linebackers to let the rest of the defense know what was coming as Frazier shouted signals. "It makes our job as coaches so much easier when (MSU senior linebacker) Cam Lawrence is signaling over his head every time they were calling a pass," MSU co-defensive coordinator/linebackers coach Geoff Collins said Monday. Lawrence and sophomore Matt Wells figured out the Tigers' play calls, which enabled the MSU secondary to know how many players it needed at the line of scrimmage by the end of the first quarter. Read more: http://www.cdispatch.com/sports/article.asp?aid=18869#ixzz26GbVmFo3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

noxin

Re: They Took Our Signals!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 11:14:50 AM »
I don't see how the defense could have known the plays we were running, when Frazier clearly didn't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 11:24:53 AM »
I don't see how the defense could have known the plays we were running, when Frazier clearly didn't.
:classic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 01:43:12 PM »
If this is not total bullshit, and it may or may not be, then there's a problem with communication on the field being to simplistic. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 01:44:58 PM »
If this is not total bullshit, and it may or may not be, then there's a problem with communication on the field being to simplistic.

I don't think it's bullshit. Ive read these stories before with other teams. Sometimes the communication is that bad. It's Yox's fault.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 01:58:05 PM »
I don't think it's bullshit. Ive read these stories before with other teams. Sometimes the communication is that bad. It's Yox's fault.

Wasn't there a story about how in the 1st 1/2 of the turd game 2010 they were stealing our signals and able to stop us cold?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 02:02:32 PM »
Wasn't there a story about how in the 1st 1/2 of the turd game 2010 they were stealing our signals and able to stop us cold?

Ive seen several cases where LB's have stated such....against us and others. Where it was just obvious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 02:09:06 PM »

It's one thing for coaches to think they've decoded the play call from the sideline signals.  You simply don't have time to decode it, communicate it to the players on the field, and get lined up. 

However, if the players on the field can at least know if it's run or pass, from the QB calls, then they got an advantage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 02:11:31 PM »
It's one thing for coaches to think they've decoded the play call from the sideline signals.  You simply don't have time to decode it, communicate it to the players on the field, and get lined up. 

However, if the players on the field can at least know if it's run or pass, from the QB calls, then they got an advantage.

And if you watch the replay of the game, it lines right up perfectly with what he is saying in that article.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 02:14:38 PM »
drink more ovaltine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 02:25:28 PM »
I call BS.  We call the play in the huddle.  Do you really think this staff is allowing Kiiiiiile Frayzha to change a play at the line?  He can't get out of his own way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 02:40:30 PM »
I call BS.  We call the play in the huddle.  Do you really think this staff is allowing Kiiiiiile Frayzha to change a play at the line?  He can't get out of his own way.

Yes, he's talked about how they change at the line this year, and that it's off his reads, not looking to the sideline like with Malzahn who made the check. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 03:06:59 PM »

Change-CHANGE-  Fuck I would like for him just to get one read right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 03:39:24 PM »
Yes, he's talked about how they change at the line this year, and that it's off his reads, not looking to the sideline like with Malzahn who made the check.

Speaking of calling plays at the line, I found out Sunday night why my man-love for Peyton Manning is still strong.  Not that I ever cared about Indy or the Broncos.  I just think this guy is so much fun to watch. I was checking out the game against the Steelers and was talking to a buddy about how Manning runs the show out there and directs traffic etc.  A couple of plays later, he's walking back and forth from the center to the gun, barking out play calls and blocking and giving stock advice.  A few seconds before the snap, the Steelers bring someone up to the line off the left end who is definitely unnaccounted for.  Manning calmly motions to one of his ends to come this way.  When the end gets even with the Steeler, he gives him the stop sign.  Boom...blocked. 

Dude later throws a sick pass, the Broncos score.  He jogs over to the sideline, picks up a stack of photos showing various Steeler defensive formations and coverages.  Sits down and immediatley starts studying them.  Does a mean United Way commercial too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 03:41:35 PM »
Does a mean United Way commercial too.

But an absolutely terrible Buick one. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 03:44:04 PM »
Speaking of calling plays at the line, I found out Sunday night why my man-love for Peyton Manning is still strong.  Not that I ever cared about Indy or the Broncos.  I just think this guy is so much fun to watch. I was checking out the game against the Steelers and was talking to a buddy about how Manning runs the show out there and directs traffic etc.  A couple of plays later, he's walking back and forth from the center to the gun, barking out play calls and blocking and giving stock advice.  A few seconds before the snap, the Steelers bring someone up to the line off the left end who is definitely unnaccounted for.  Manning calmly motions to one of his ends to come this way.  When the end gets even with the Steeler, he gives him the stop sign.  Boom...blocked. 

Dude later throws a sick pass, the Broncos score.  He jogs over to the sideline, picks up a stack of photos showing various Steeler defensive formations and coverages.  Sits down and immediatley starts studying them.  Does a mean United Way commercial too.

Having Manning is basically like having a second OC on the field with the players. He's awesome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 03:45:06 PM »

Manning doesn't even have the greatest arm ever, but he's a football nerd, and knows the game inside and out, probably more than any OC he's ever had. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 03:45:56 PM »
drink more ovaltine.

You'll shoot your eye out
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.