• No, YOU Move!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Moon scorches earth...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 03:44:36 AM »
Coach Chizik and staff do own up to the blame...but they shouldn't own up to all of it. The coaches can't make the tackles or the throws out there (they do both of those things in practice on a consistent basis). Btw, I do agree with Moon's article for the most part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 08:17:14 AM »
Coach Chizik and staff do own up to the blame...but they shouldn't own up to all of it. The coaches can't make the tackles or the throws out there (they do both of those things in practice on a consistent basis). Btw, I do agree with Moon's article for the most part.

They could try teaching that one...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 08:44:28 AM »
Scarbo torched him pretty good as well.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2012/09/post_4.html

Mississippi State becomes Gene Chizik's signature defeat
 By Kevin Scarbinsky, Birmingham News

STARKVILLE, Miss. - The only surprise is that Mississippi State 28, Auburn 10 wasn’t a surprise.

Not the margin or the means to that ugly ending.

Not if you’ve been paying attention to the program Gene Chizik’s been running on the field.

Sophomore Kiehl Frazier looked bad in his second start at quarterback? He hadn’t looked all that good against Clemson, and he didn’t get a lot of help in either game.

The Auburn defense made the junior Tyler Russell look like the senior Jason Campbell? Same defense that made Andre Ellington look like Bo Jackson.

The Auburn team walked out of its SEC opener with a double-digit defeat? In three straight, four out of five and five out of the last seven conference games, the Tigers have lost by at least 18 points.

Have poor quarterback play, spotty defense and lopsided losses become more than things to be examined at Auburn? Are they now to be expected?

The growing body of evidence would say yes.

As bad as the other losses in this 8-7 slide since the start of the 2011 season may have been, this one was worse. It was the worst loss of Chizik’s tenure, and none of the others comes close.

This one came four years and four recruiting classes into his regime, further proof that all the accolades on signing day have yet to translate to game day. If that weren’t puzzling enough, this loss came against a team that had been one of the sure things on the schedule.

If you can’t stay with Mississippi State for four quarters, good luck against LSU, Arkansas, Georgia and Alabama. Even Louisiana-Monroe may arrive at Jordan-Hare Stadium next week feeling chesty.

After what he correctly labeled a “very dismal performance,” how confident is Chizik that he’s not staring at a repeat of last year? Or worse?

“This is a week-by-week basis for us,” he said. “This is a new team. It’s got new direction. There’s new kids in positions that they’ve never been in before. So I can’t look back to last year or two years ago or three years ago. This is a new team and a new time, and it’s our job as coaches to get them refocused and redirected so that we can win a football game next week. And it’ll be a week-by-week progression with us.”

From Clemson to Mississippi State wasn't a progression. It was a retreat.

Week by week in 2011, Auburn looked weak compared to the strongest teams on its schedule. Two weeks into the 2012 season, the close loss to Clemson looks like a moral victory compared to Saturday’s embarrassment.

How bad was it?

Hard as it may be to believe, Auburn didn’t look this inept in its 3-2 win here during Tommy Tuberville’s final season. Chris Todd completed 14 of 26 passes that night for 154 yards and didn’t throw an interception. As a team, Auburn gained 315 yards.

Frazier finished 13 of 22 for 125 yards, but even those poor numbers are deceiving. At the half, he was 1 for 7 for minus-2 yards. After three quarters, he was 3 for 10 for 18 yards. All told, he tossed three interceptions, and the offense finished with a meager 216 yards.

Chizik didn’t blame Frazier, not entirely. Chizik also said he didn’t consider replacing Frazier, which is inexplicable unless Clint Moseley’s shoulder is injured more seriously than Auburn has divulged.

“We got outplayed, and I’m going to own it,” Chizik said.

Just what he didn’t need after an offseason of discontent. A signature defeat.

Chizik has lost 12 games as the Auburn coach – all of them without Cam Newton, in case you hadn’t heard – but losing to Mississippi State could help move the discussion beyond changing quarterbacks.

This was Auburn’s worst loss to Mississippi State since a 17-point defeat here in 1998. What else happened that year? Terry Bowden quit before he could be fired.

This is the first time Auburn has started a season 0-2 since 2003. Why might that historical reference be relevant? Later that season, Auburn tried to hire Bobby Petrino without firing Tuberville first. And Petrino was employed then.

Auburn walked away Saturday with an alarming number of questions, none of them more relevant and ominous than this: Will this team grow up and man up soon enough to prevent another jet with a purpose from going wheels up?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 08:49:21 AM »
The coaches can't make the tackles or the throws out there (they do both of those things in practice on a consistent basis).
No, but they are responsible for putting the best players on the field. They are responsible for talent evaluation. When year after year you keep seeing guys who can't tackle, can't read plays, etc, that is more so an indicator of poor coaching. Whether the guy just isn't SEC caliber, or whatever, that comes back to the coaches. Blaming Tuberville for anything that happened this year or last year is just as stupid as blaming Shula for Alabama's 3 loss season in 2010. Alabama replaced basically the entire defense (lost guys like Arenas, Cody, McClain, etc) in that year and still only managed to lose 3 games by a combined 18 points. While some are quick to blame Tuberville, what they don't realize is, Chizik seems to be doing the same thing. The only difference is you see more stars on the front end when these kids commit nowadays.

Having a young, inexperienced, but talented team means missing an assignment here and there. You bit on a play action when you really shouldn't have. You released a receiver to the wrong side. You got burned on a double move. You just don't know how to finish that big game and fall a little short. It isn't getting ass raped by your rivals, or getting ass raped by.....MSU while looking totally inept in the process. I'm not trying to be a goat fucking Alabama fan by saying that, it's just the truth. Something has to give somewhere. If these guys just aren't motivated to play to their talent level, or just aren't as talented as first evaluated, it goes back to the coaches either way.

You talk the same way the Shula knob-slobbers always talked, and that's a scary road to go down. "Wait until next year...." was always the party line. Auburn isn't known for shitty football, but people like you are saying it's OK. That's the same line of thinking that allowed Alabama to get completely owned by you guys for 6 years. You guys are slowly slipping into what Alabama was under Shula. Even as an Alabama fan, I don't want to see that happen.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:52:16 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 09:21:42 AM »
No, but they are responsible for putting the best players on the field. They are responsible for talent evaluation. When year after year you keep seeing guys who can't tackle, can't read plays, etc, that is more so an indicator of poor coaching. Whether the guy just isn't SEC caliber, or whatever, that comes back to the coaches. Blaming Tuberville for anything that happened this year or last year is just as stupid as blaming Shula for Alabama's 3 loss season in 2010. Alabama replaced basically the entire defense (lost guys like Arenas, Cody, McClain, etc) in that year and still only managed to lose 3 games by a combined 18 points. While some are quick to blame Tuberville, what they don't realize is, Chizik seems to be doing the same thing. The only difference is you see more stars on the front end when these kids commit nowadays.

Having a young, inexperienced, but talented team means missing an assignment here and there. You bit on a play action when you really shouldn't have. You released a receiver to the wrong side. You got burned on a double move. You just don't know how to finish that big game and fall a little short. It isn't getting ass raped by your rivals, or getting ass raped by.....MSU while looking totally inept in the process. I'm not trying to be a goat fucking Alabama fan by saying that, it's just the truth. Something has to give somewhere. If these guys just aren't motivated to play to their talent level, or just aren't as talented as first evaluated, it goes back to the coaches either way.

You talk the same way the Shula knob-slobbers always talked, and that's a scary road to go down. "Wait until next year...." was always the party line. Auburn isn't known for shitty football, but people like you are saying it's OK. That's the same line of thinking that allowed Alabama to get completely owned by you guys for 6 years. You guys are slowly slipping into what Alabama was under Shula. Even as an Alabama fan, I don't want to see that happen.

tl;gfy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 09:23:02 AM »
Scarbo torched him pretty good as well.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2012/09/post_4.html

The only thing I disagree with?  The plane got repossessed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 09:24:12 AM »

They could try teaching that one...

The shit eating bammers do come out in times like these.  Fuck off and die fuckstick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 09:27:20 AM »

You know it, and I know how practice runs.  They teach the skills daily.  They don't have an X Box controller to make the players do as coached on Saturday.  Bottom line though, the coaching staff has to answer for the play on the field, especially when recruiting has been so highly touted.  If we'd had 4 straight classes out of the top 25, I'd get the on field performance, but then again, this isn't HS football where you have to play with what you have, you get the chance to evaluate and pick your team to a certain extent, and this year sux.   Buck stops with Chiz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 09:33:21 AM »
You know it, and I know how practice runs.  They teach the skills daily.  They don't have an X Box controller to make the players do as coached on Saturday.  Bottom line though, the coaching staff has to answer for the play on the field, especially when recruiting has been so highly touted.  If we'd had 4 straight classes out of the top 25, I'd get the on field performance, but then again, this isn't HS football where you have to play with what you have, you get the chance to evaluate and pick your team to a certain extent, and this year sux.   Buck stops with Chiz.

^^^This^^^
Chizik is in year 4.  He should have at least a decent product on the field by now.  It really just hit me yesterday...I have grown so fucking tired of hearing the dims blame George Bush for everything that is wrong in America, but I have listened and actually still placed blame on Tubs for what is going on at Auburn today.  It's time for him to right the ship or give somebody else a chance to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 09:57:01 AM »
I don't know who's fault the QB situation is...I do know this though...

Third and 8...

What the fuck? I know that Bray has to be who this play is designed for. It is a complete misdirection and Bray is the ONLY one on the right side. How do you miss your first option? I don't get it.

I have also seen a picture on twitter that I can't find anymore that has Holland playing close to 12 yards off the line of scrimmage before the ball is snapped. What the fuck is that? Is that Holland or coaching? I have never seen that shit before in my life...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 10:00:37 AM »
I don't know who's fault the QB situation is...I do know this though...

Third and 8...

What the fuck? I know that Bray has to be who this play is designed for. It is a complete misdirection and Bray is the ONLY one on the right side. How do you miss your first option? I don't get it.

I have also seen a picture on twitter that I can't find anymore that has Holland playing close to 12 yards off the line of scrimmage before the ball is snapped. What the fuck is that? Is that Holland or coaching? I have never seen that shit before in my life...

That's solid protection, and good "play calling" when someone is that open. 

I've seen Holland line up repeatedly at 8 yards deep, and bail at the snap when every LB screamed run.  I've never known a 43 scheme to have the Mike at 8 yards off the ball on any down, much less 1st and 10. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 10:04:05 AM »

Emory Blake would have also been an option. Perfect pick by the ref, and Kiehl should be looking right at him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 10:05:38 AM »
Emory Blake would have also been an option. Perfect pick by the ref, and Kiehl should be looking right at him.

If Frazier had seen him, he'd have thrown the ball behind him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 10:07:51 AM »

ALso, Lutz had his guy trailing on his inside hip. Exactly where he needs to be. If you throw that ball toward the sideline, Luts has a good shot at it. But what happens???

Our QB goes full tard and throws the ball into the ground...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 10:08:54 AM »

Hell, even Reed can come back to the ball there...

How the fuck do you not throw it to ANYONE???????????????
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 10:10:51 AM »
Hell, even Reed can come back to the ball there...

How the fuck do you not throw it to ANYONE???????????????

One has to wonder at the incompetence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 10:11:06 AM »
The shit eating bammers do come out in times like these.  Fuck off and die fuckstick.

But lately Guapo and RWS are right about this. You DO teach tackling! As much as I point out his flaws, Tubs' Defenses tackled. Why the hell has NOT one Chizik Defense (all players not named Fairly) the last 4 years tackled a RB correctly? There are lots of questions we should be asking.

But as in the other thread, I def don't think a "burn him at the stake!" or the opposite, "read the creed! no criticism is allowed" perspective is the correct way to look at this. Emotions are running rampant at the moment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 10:13:10 AM »
But lately Guapo and RWS are right about this. You DO teach tackling! As much as I point out his flaws, Tubs' Defenses tackled. Why the hell has NOT one Chizik Defense (all players not named Fairly) the last 4 years tackled a RB correctly? There are lots of questions we should be asking.

But as in the other thread, I def don't think a "burn him at the stake!" or the opposite, "read the creed! no criticism is allowed" perspective is the correct way to look at this. Emotions are running rampant at the moment.

Maybe Chizik hasn't taught them to be tough? Just guessing...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 10:13:30 AM »
My only concern at this point is whether the helmets are lined up correctly. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions