Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Reese Dismukes

Reese Dismukes
« on: August 25, 2012, 12:13:13 PM »
Arrested for public intox. 

It needed its own thread.  Fuck this season. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 06:17:12 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Yoda

Re: Reece Dismukes
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 12:27:21 PM »
Arrested for public intox. 

It needed its own thread.  Fuck this season.

Step away from the ledge.  We haven't played a game yet.  It's not going to be a great year IMO, but at the same time it will reveal a lot about Chizik and our future. Fourth year his recruits his schemes and back to hard nose football.  If we lose 3-4 games but are competitive i'll take that as improvement.  Defense comes out tough and Frazier is worth a shit with a better line we lose 2-3 games I'm ready for next year.  We suck as again, start the jet up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 12:31:14 PM »
I highly doubt Dismukes will miss any games. I'd be willing to bet that Chizik can find other methods to
punish him for being a dumbass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 12:32:06 PM »

As much as it will hurt i hope Dismukes sits.  Hope he doesn't even travel. 

Double dumbass on him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 12:41:32 PM »

Double dumbass on him.

Triple. 

The starting center with a ton of hype and looked at as the leader of our young offensive line and a week before the game, he's out getting drunk in public? 

The one positive is that his backup had a hard time deciding to be a football player or be a doctor when he was recruited out of high school.  He may not bring the physical aspect of Dismukes game, but he should know the calls and the plays. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 01:05:11 PM »
The worst part of this incident, it was at a fraternity party with about 10-15 other Auburn players, most of them were Seniors too. They should've gotten him out of there and took his ass home as he was being loud, obnoxious, and getting up in people's faces.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 01:06:21 PM »
The worst part of this incident, it was at a fraternity party with about 10-15 other Auburn players, most of them were Seniors too. They should've gotten him out of there and took his ass home as he was being loud, obnoxious, and getting up in people's faces.

Quadruple. 

At least Chizik didn't arrive at the frat house and bow up to the frat guys that live there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 01:24:14 PM »
Some of you twatting mofos should scan the latest info.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 01:28:38 PM »
Some of you twatting mofos should scan the latest info.

I've scanned everything I can find.  What's the latest info that you've got?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 01:31:22 PM »
I've scanned everything I can find.  What's the latest info that you've got?

Nada. Its been pretty quiet deal actually.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 01:48:44 PM »
Would PI arrest follow the same steps as it would with say drugs? If so, and if this is
Dismukes first offense, then he will likely get counseling. I believe its the second offense that suspension comes into play. Third offense is dismissal from the team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 01:52:35 PM »

Agreed.  I guess he felt untouchable since he was pretty much the only guy guaranteed a starting spot on the line.

Send a message and leave him in Auburn next week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 02:24:40 PM »
I think Phillip Marshall just solved all of our problems:

You are bigger or stronger or faster than most people around you and probably have been since you were young. When you did great things on the field, everybody wanted to be around you. A teacher might have looked the other way when you got out of line.

When you started trying to decide where to play in college, it was like a dream. Famous coaches came to your house. You and your parents went to college campuses and were treated like royalty.

Now you are a college football player. Students' heads turn when you walk by. The owner of the bar on the corner likes for you to come in because other people come in just because you are there. So what if you are under age? Grown men twice your age wait to talk to you after games. Reporters interview you and take your picture.

But here's what you need to understand: In the grand scheme of life, none of it means a thing.

You are no better than the 140-pound kid who sits beside you in class. The chemistry major who has never made a B in his life has accomplished more than you have.

I know, I know. You've worked hard. You work extraordinarily hard almost every day of the year to go out on that field 14 times. Millions watch you play. You deserve credit for that hard work, for all the things you have done to be where you are.

But in the end, you are just a guy.

Being successful is about hard work, talent, dedication, determination, support from others. And it's about loyalty. That's true if you are an athlete and it's true regardless of what you do. If you are a college football player, especially a really good one, lots of people are counting on you. Your teammates are counting on you. Your coaches are counting on you. The legions of fans who make it possible for you to have the best facilities, the best of everything, are counting on you. If you mess up and get arrested, you don't just embarrass yourself. You embarrass your parents, your brothers, your sisters, your grandparents, your aunts and uncles, your high school coach. You embarrass them all.

It's not an easy road you have chosen. The kid next door that parties all night can get arrested and nobody will know it but him and his parents. If you get arrested, it will be all over the Internet in a matter of minutes. They'll talk about it on ESPN. Opposing fans will laugh at you.

You have a magnificent opportunity, one that millions would give almost anything to have. You have an opportunity to be part of something special. But it comes with a price on and off the field.

If you're willing to pay that price, you'll have friends and joyful memories that will last a lifetime. If you aren't will to pay the price, if you make bad decisions, don't blame anyone else.

It's on you.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/PMARSHONAU-An-open-letter-to-college-football-players-87171
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2012, 03:50:15 PM »
Third story on Yahoo! sports NCAA football page
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/auburn-center-dismukes-arrested-intoxication-171235816--ncaaf.html

Featured on the same page with a photo of Jovon Robinson...NCAA probe into Memphis
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--ncaa-probe-targets-memphia-area-football-players.html

Double  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 04:53:45 PM »
fuck this. As much as the media tries to slam AU at every chance they get, why even have a fucking football team? I mean come the fuck on. Just throw in the towel. This is beyond ghey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 05:12:55 PM »
Fuck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2012, 05:38:43 PM »
Btw, it had more to do with the APD than it did with Reese, apparently after the shooting, the Police Chief wants to crack down on underage drinking and is handing out PIs to all of the underage students that are caught.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2012, 06:02:23 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2012, 06:08:34 PM »
Btw, it had more to do with the APD than it did with Reese, apparently after the shooting, the Police Chief wants to crack down on underage drinking and is handing out PIs to all of the underage students that are caught.
Are you sure that it isn't part of the REC conspiracy? Of course it couldn't have been Dismukes' fault. If it is as you say, I wonder how many other people at the frat house were arrested with him....
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 06:15:20 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2012, 06:14:24 PM »
AUBURN, Alabama – Auburn coach Gene Chizik suspended center Reese Dismukes has been suspended following an arrest around 2 this morning for public intoxication.

"I am very disappointed in Reese Dismukes for his irresponsible behavior last night," Chizik said in a statement. "This kind of behavior will not be tolerated at Auburn and I have suspended Reese as a result of his actions."

Chizik didn't say how long the suspension would be, but it will at least be through the first week of the season.

Auburn will open the season a week from today against Clemson without its center who won freshman All-American honors last season. Clemson will be without star receiver Sammy Watkins, who was suspended over the summer following an arrest for possession of marijuana and prescription drugs.

Auburn police arrested Dismukes on East Magnolia Avenue in Auburn. He was released on a $300 bond.

Sophomore Tunde Fariyike, who played sparingly last season, is the backup center.

Chizik announced Wednesday he had suspended backup receiver DeAngelo Benton for breaking undisclosed rule. He did not announce how long Benton would be suspended.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2012/08/auburns_gene_chizik_suspends_c.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions