Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Reese Dismukes

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Reese Dismukes
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2012, 03:39:59 AM »
John Sullen might get the start at Center.

The OL this upcoming weekend could look like this...
LT Greg Robinson
LG Alex Kozan/Chad Slade
C John Sullen
RG Chad Slade/Alex Kozan
RT Avery Young
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2012, 06:55:36 AM »
John Sullen might get the start at Center.

The OL this upcoming weekend could look like this...
LT Greg Robinson
LG Alex Kozan/Chad Slade
C John Sullen
RG Chad Slade/Alex Kozan
RT Avery Young
What we don't have a third guard so Slade just gets penciled-in willy nilly?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

noxin

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2012, 09:41:32 AM »
I thought the proper response in a situation like this was to sacrifice a freshman who is going to redshirt anyway to take the fall. Leave the starters' names out of it.

Need to teach the police department down in Auburn how it works
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2012, 09:46:40 AM »
I thought the proper response in a situation like this was to sacrifice a freshman who is going to redshirt anyway to take the fall. Leave the starters' names out of it.

Need to teach the police department down in Auburn how it works

Teach the cops how it works? Really? Do you want Auburn to become the U?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

JR4AU

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2012, 09:54:27 AM »
Teach the cops how it works? Really? Do you want Auburn to become the U?

On simple shit like PI, unless he's fighting with people or the cops, yeah, they need to find a "creative" way to deal with a drunk college kid that is also a starter on the football team.  Some of you fucks are talking like you never got drunk, stupid, and rowdy in college. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2012, 10:09:59 AM »
On simple shit like PI, unless he's fighting with people or the cops, yeah, they need to find a "creative" way to deal with a drunk college kid that is also a starter on the football team.  Some of you fucks are talking like you never got drunk, stupid, and rowdy in college.
I don't understand how a nineteen year old athlete could sully the good name of his school and risk his future with such irresponsible behavior. As a fan I expect them to keep their noses to the grindstone in order to perform at peak levels at all times as they were intended.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2012, 12:28:42 PM »
I don't understand how a nineteen year old athlete could sully the good name of his school and risk his future with such irresponsible behavior. As a fan I expect them to keep their noses to the grindstone in order to perform at peak levels at all times as they were intended.

Yep. This.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2012, 12:44:12 PM »
"An unspecified length of time"
So far with CGC, this has seemed to mean forever. I think we need to tell him what unspecified and indefinite mean. Can't imagine this one being over 2 games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2012, 12:55:01 PM »
So far with CGC, this has seemed to mean forever. I think we need to tell him what unspecified and indefinite mean. Can't imagine this one being over 2 games.

I think this is more a message to Reese than an announcement to appease fans.

Make the kid sweat his spot on the team and work to get it back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2012, 01:02:16 PM »

And to the rest of the team. Its easy to sit someone that isn't necessarily a big contributor. When the said person and the rest of the team sees Chizik put his foot down with someone who plays a vital role
on the team, I would have to think thats an attention getter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2012, 01:12:10 PM »

Need to take the team to see the local po-po for some scare tactics ala Jason Sedekis and Keenan Thompson, (SNL)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2012, 01:41:07 PM »
And to the rest of the team. Its easy to sit someone that isn't necessarily a big contributor. When the said person and the rest of the team sees Chizik put his foot down with someone who plays a vital role

Agreed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2012, 01:43:48 PM »
Agreed.
Them bagsomoney done stopped comin' in an the players is gettin' pissed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2012, 02:10:47 PM »

I concur. I believe CGC states as such due to progress of the individual.

Damn right it is. Zero tolerance for fuckups
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 02:13:14 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2012, 02:33:03 PM »
http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/PMARSHONAU-Time-to-stop-the-hysteria-87269

Time to stop the hysteria
Phillip Marshall

OK, I think it is time. It is time to stop acting like Reese Dismukes committed a criminal act or perpetrated some kind of evil on Auburn University.
It is time to stop acting like the actions of a few knuckleheads mean that somehow Auburn's football program is somehow careening out of control and becoming a bad reality show.
It is time to recognize that when a player at Auburn or anywhere else gets drunk, uses drugs, commits a crime or whatever that the coach didn't do it, his teammates didn't do it, he did it.
It is time to stop the hysteria.
Coaches are like quarterbacks. They get too much credit and too much blame. Coaches, at least most of them, don't go out and do stupid things. Players do. Coaches don't graduate players. Players graduate players.
If Chizik is to be blamed for the actions of a very few, if Les Miles is to be blamed for the actions of the Honey Badger and a fight that almost derailed LSU's season last year, should they not then be credited with the actions of the vast majority who do things right, stay out of trouble, go to class and work hard?
If Chizik is to be blamed for Reese Dismukes' stupid actions, should he not then be credited for Philip Lutzenkirchen's determination to do things the right way? Should he get credit for Lutzenkirchen befriending a 10-year-old cancer victim who'd had part of her leg amputated?
If Chizik is to be blamed for players who can't abide by the rules and get sent packing, should he not then be credited for the clear-eyed maturity of Emory Blake?
If Chizik is to be blamed for positive drug tests that show up in the SEC's toughest drug testing program, should he not be credited for Jeff Whitaker, Greg Robinson, Jay Prosch and Pat Miller playing baseball with handicapped kids in the Miracle League in Opelika, for Whitaker volunteering at Storybook Farms?
If it's Chizik's fault that Mike Dyer suddenly wouldn't do what he was supposed to do and threw away his Auburn career is it then to Chizik's credit that Justin Garrett volunteered for Habitat For Humanity and worked in blistering heat to help build a house?
Should Chizik get credit for Cam Newton going to read to elementary school children virtually every Monday of his time at Auburn?
Should Chizik get credit for T'Sharvan Bell volunteering with the Pine Hills Literacy Program summer camp/Greater Lee County Boys and Girls Club, reading to students and assisting with homework?
The truth is Chizik, beyond leading by his own example, deserves credit for none of those things. The young men who gave of their time, worked hard and showed their compassion deserve credit. And by the same token, it is not on Chizik that Dismukes got drunk, that someone else flunked a drug test, that someone else broke the law. That's on them.
I'm not trying to be a Pollyanna here and act like it's OK when good, hard-working young men do bad, inexplicable things. It's not OK, and they should and do suffer serious consequences.
But neither does it say they are beyond redemption, that they are bad people, that the programs for which they play are out of control, that somehow a top-level school that recruits the same players other top-level schools recruit is recruiting the wrong players.
I hope Dismukes, along with every other college kid who has gotten into trouble, deals with whatever issues he has in his life and reaches his potential as a player and as a person. He certainly has that opportunity. I and millions of others have been in similar places to where he is today and come back better for the experience.
But it's time to move on. Football season is upon us. It's supposed to be fun. I hope it is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2012, 02:45:29 PM »

Pretty much spot on.  Cam Newton won the 2010 NC, Gene Chizik went 8-5 the other 2 years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2012, 03:50:59 PM »
Coaches, at least most of them, don't go out and do stupid things.

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2012, 04:23:56 PM »
I find it very hard to read Phillip Marshall's articles...is it just me, or does it look like he squishes 8 paragraphs into one?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2012, 04:50:46 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2012, 05:00:57 PM »

Yeah and that's a mighty fine pic of a penguin first timer. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions