Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Reese Dismukes

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Reece Dismukes
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2012, 06:16:59 PM »

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2012/08/auburns_gene_chizik_suspends_c.html
I'm not so sure that it warrants a suspension, but you have to give credit to Chizik for laying down the law.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2012, 06:18:45 PM »
I'm not so sure that it warrants a suspension, but you have to give credit to Chizik for laying down the law.

I'd run the whole team for this one too. 

This shit has to stop.  Someone has to start taking this football team seriously. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2012, 06:42:23 PM »

This shit has to stop.  Someone has to start taking this football team seriously.
I agree if he doesn't get this shit stopped asap he can lose the team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2012, 06:49:17 PM »
Are you sure that it isn't part of the REC conspiracy? Of course it couldn't have been Dismukes' fault. If it is as you say, I wonder how many other people at the frat house were arrested with him....
Did I say it's a REC conspiracy? No. If I would've said it's a REC conspiracy, then it was a REC conspiracy....got that? Good.

A curfew has been set at 11:00p. Coach Chizik needs to have ”a talk” with the AUPD, get them on the same page. It'd be interesting to see if it was the same officer that arrested Benton.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2012, 06:49:54 PM »

Shit happens, and a coach can't hold every player's hand 24/7. But, this may be step 1 of what you're talking about. Suspending a starting OL a week before Clemson is a pretty good message to the team. And I'm sure at this point Chizik is fed up with the bullshit. I'm guessing that's why he handed the suspension out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Reese Dismukes
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2012, 06:56:35 PM »
You look at the crimes and the punishment that Chizik is doling out, and there's no way a rational person can say he's soft on discipline.

The REC conspiracy comes into play with the fact that the local media has been dying to paint the program as inmates running the asylum. Complete free-for-all of anarchy. Even when the football players are victims of something as tragic as a shooting from an outside party, they desperately twist it to support the narrative of a program run amok. It's still certainly not as bad as it was at Bama right when Saban took over in 2007, which he handled by handing kids ice creams. But that doesn't fit the narrative.

That being said, at some point the arrests, no matter how petty the crimes may be, do actually start to become as embarrassing to the program as al.com desperately wishes it to be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2012, 07:02:17 PM »
You look at the crimes and the punishment that Chizik is doling out, and there's no way a rational person can say he's soft on discipline.

The REC conspiracy comes into play with the fact that the local media has been dying to paint the program as inmates running the asylum. Complete free-for-all of anarchy. Even when the football players are victims of something as tragic as a shooting from an outside party, they desperately twist it to support the narrative of a program run amok. It's still certainly not as bad as it was at Bama right when Saban took over in 2007, which he handled by handing kids ice creams. But that doesn't fit the narrative.

That being said, at some point the arrests, no matter how petty the crimes may be, do actually start to become as embarrassing to the program as al.com desperately wishes it to be.

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2012, 07:07:54 PM »

IMHO, the act itself doesn't warrant a suspension.  I mean who knew, college kids drink and get rowdy!  The fuck?  The charge doesn't even amount to a misdemeanor, it's just a "violation".    Max penalty is $200 fine and up to 30 days in jail.  Never ever seen anybody given jail time or more than a $100 fine for PI.  My standard is $50 fine and court costs.   Have heard nothing of Dismukes having other problems. First offense shouldn't be a suspension.

That said, Chiz knows all eyes are on Auburn, and it won't be perceived that he did anything unless the punishment is sitting for a game at least because people can see that, and know it happened.  They can't see any "in house punishment". 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2012, 07:09:55 PM »
Also, this kind of petty shit didn't used to amount to an arrest in the "good ole days".  Fucking stupid that it's come to this, and AUPD couldn't have found another way to handle it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2012, 07:29:24 PM »
It was on East Magnolia?  Definitely not at a frat house.  Wonder how far east, must be right there downtown.  A couple more block and you hit Ross and take a left and there's popo central.

Not sure what it takes to get a public intoxication arrest these days - never been cuffed myself (other than by this six-foot blonde girl back in high school)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2012, 07:36:31 PM »
As bad as I hate to lose him for Clemson, glad he is staying home. Only a soph but he's gotta be a leader. Most important position on the o-line could make the difference in the game. It happens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2012, 07:55:27 PM »
I have no idea how big of a loss this is but Fariyike will do fine. After all, the same guy that graded the gamefilm of A.J. Greene also graded Dismukes.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2012, 07:56:30 PM »
Kudos to Chizik for being hard line with this stupidity.

Anyone know how long the suspension is?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2012, 10:51:33 PM »
"An unspecified length of time"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2012, 11:09:59 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2012, 11:13:04 PM »
Well I guess the one silver lining is at least it happened a week before and not like 1 or 2 days before. The backup will have first team experience.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2012, 11:27:20 PM »
It's just a good thing we roll 5 deep
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2012, 12:58:51 AM »
Well I guess the one silver lining is at least it happened a week before and not like 1 or 2 days before. The backup will have first team experience.

But not first team talent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2012, 01:00:14 AM »
Kudos to Chizik for being hard line with this stupidity.

So, you're ok with losing a few games to "discipline"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2012, 01:22:03 AM »
So, you're ok with losing a few games to "discipline"?

Two different things...my comment was related to this motion which was clearly done to send a message. However, I would have thought that message was already clear after Dyer, The Trailer Park 4, Pike, et. al.

If Auburn loses to Clemson it will be for more reasons than the starting center's suspension.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions