Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

National Same Sex Kiss Day at Chick Fil A

Re: National Same Sex Kiss Day at Chick Fil A
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2012, 02:36:06 PM »
Was about to head that way until I got a text saying minimum 1 hour wait.  We have 2 here and I was going to head to the one at the Mall.  There's a Sub shop directly across from the Mall Chik Phi-A and the owner sent all his help over to CFA to help handle all the customers.

I went at 7:30 this morning because I knew it would be insane at lunch.

As far as why went... I went this morning for several reasons but supporting Huckabee was not necessarily one of them.  I have never watched his show on Fox and probably never will (I personally hate all the Rush Limbaugh, Al Franken, Neil Boortz, John Stewart, etc shows).  Having a somewhat organized day for people to support Chick-fil-a is a good idea for the supporters just as having a day for everyone to protest is a good idea for the anti's.  Who called for it was immaterial to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2012, 04:32:16 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2012, 04:42:19 PM »
I guess if you know any Auburn fans who support this boycott, Ask them when are they going to give up their ticket to the AU-Clem (Chick-filet kickoff) Because they won’t be going will they?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2012, 04:43:10 PM »
It will be very interesting to see if the mainstream media covers the outpouring of support on "Chick Fil-A Day" with the same fervor they have covered the Gay side of this debacle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2012, 04:50:47 PM »
I guess if you know any Auburn fans who support this boycott, Ask them when are they going to give up their ticket to the AU-Clem (Chick-filet kickoff) Because they won’t be going will they?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2012, 07:16:17 PM »
And I say fuck you, you miss the point completely.

It is not whether you agree with the CEO or not.  It is about agreeing that the CEO had the RIGHT to do so in the first place.

This.

I don't care if he said he hated gays, brown people, kicked puppies and punched babies in the face for fun.  If that is what he believes, then he has the right to express himself.  Opposite side of the coin.....if he said he hated straight men and women, kill whitey, and he had sex with goats, I don't care.  He has that right. 

I have supported Chick-fil-A for years, not b/c of the owners beliefs, but b/c I like the food.  If I boycotted stuff just b/c of someones political opinions, I would starve, never listen to any music, watch TV and have the most miserable and boring life.   People have the right to state what they believe.  If you don't like it, don't support it, if you do, then support it, if you are indifferent and still like that spicy goodness with a slice of pepperjack, then by all means go get one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2012, 07:24:00 PM »
and while I am getting pissed about this..........................

Who in the fuck does Emanuel and Menion think they are and get off telling someone they won't allow them to have a business license based on their religious and/or political beliefs and b/c they don't agree with it?

I don't care who you are, what you believe, what you think, what causes you support.  The Gov't shouldn't and can't deny you a business license on that.  You should be free to open any legit business you want and it's up to us, the consumers to support or not support that business. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2012, 09:01:49 PM »
I agree 100% with what you're saying.

I just think the "It shouldn't matter one way or another" argument can't be used in tangent with "But it matters, so I'm going to reverse boycott and eat there six times a day".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2012, 09:18:43 PM »
This.

I don't care if he said he hated gays, brown people, kicked puppies and punched babies in the face for fun.  If that is what he believes, then he has the right to express himself.

Dammit...I tried to stay out of this...but...

No one (at least no rational person) disputes that the members of the Cathey family can espouse their views.  They can be repugnant opinions...they can support the fucking KKK verbally and with their own personal finances.

The problem (at least what caused the protests and whatnot) arises when the corporate entity donates money to entities that actively work to advance a particular ideology.

Now, I tried to be as party-neutral in the last paragraph as I could.  You can substitute any corporate entity and any cause into that paragraph and I would still support the position.  In other words: private individuals can espouse whatever ideology they want and their companies do not necessarily represent those positions.

The problem arises (in the minds of ideologues and other activists) when the entity uses its funds to support organizations and entities that work actively to advance a particular position.  In the case at hand it wasn't that Cathey espoused a pro-"traditional marriage" and ostensibly anti-gay marriage agenda.  It was that Chik Fil A used their corporate funds and influence to support entities that are working actively to suppress and prevent the success of that agenda.

In other words: the man can say whatever he wishes, but when he uses his money and power to advance his opinions, then he should expect a response.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2012, 10:12:27 PM »

No one (at least no rational person) disputes that the members of the Cathey family can espouse their views.  They can be repugnant opinions...they can support the fucking KKK verbally and with their own personal finances.

The problem (at least what caused the protests and whatnot) arises when the corporate entity donates money to entities that actively work to advance a particular ideology.

Now, I tried to be as party-neutral in the last paragraph as I could.  You can substitute any corporate entity and any cause into that paragraph and I would still support the position.  In other words: private individuals can espouse whatever ideology they want and their companies do not necessarily represent those positions.

The problem arises (in the minds of ideologues and other activists) when the entity uses its funds to support organizations and entities that work actively to advance a particular position.  In the case at hand it wasn't that Cathey espoused a pro-"traditional marriage" and ostensibly anti-gay marriage agenda.  It was that Chik Fil A used their corporate funds and influence to support entities that are working actively to suppress and prevent the success of that agenda.

In other words: the man can say whatever he wishes, but when he uses his money and power to advance his opinions, then he should expect a response.

Bullshit! The happening of the day had nothing to do with "where his money goes". It had to do with his opinion and then the GAYS DECIDED TO ATTACK. Well guess what. The straights showed up to PROTECT.

It the gays had decided to just boycott, nobody would give a damn. But when they decided to show up and disrupt business, everything changed. Militant gay activism should always be slapped down.

Support or not with your business. But don't propose terrorist tactics because you don't like the CEO's beliefs. Everything else is just part of the bigger liberal agenda.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2012, 11:12:35 PM »
Bullshit! The happening of the day had nothing to do with "where his money goes". It had to do with his opinion and then the GAYS DECIDED TO ATTACK. Well guess what. The straights showed up to PROTECT.

It the gays had decided to just boycott, nobody would give a damn. But when they decided to show up and disrupt business, everything changed. Militant gay activism should always be slapped down.

Support or not with your business. But don't propose terrorist tactics because you don't like the CEO's beliefs. Everything else is just part of the bigger liberal agenda.
:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2012, 12:10:17 AM »

I would be willing to bet that 95% of the people out there, be it in support or protest, don't have a clue about what advocacy groups he donates money to. I would also be willing to bet that some participants of this thread didn't know until it was mentioned in an article somewhere a couple of days later.  As soon as his comments hit the air waves I didn't hear or read anything about what advocacy groups he sponsored.  Most immediately jumped on the bandwagon of "he is a bigot and hater" or "I fully support his stance and his business".   Most in support of and those that want to boycott, including some talking heads on TV and writers, haven't even mentioned where his money goes. 

The OP in this thread, was a link to social media.  Do you honestly believe that the majority of those that like that BookFace page honestly are mad b/c he supports entities that lobby against gay marriage or b/c of the actual words that came out of his mouth?  I would bet good money it was what he said that has them in an uproar and most don't know where his money goes.  It should have been expected, they have always been a pro-Christian company.   

All I'm saying is that most are that boycotting and those that supported the chain today with business that they normally wouldn't get did so b/c of what he said and not b/c of where his money goes.........and it's dumb. 

The real kicker for me in all this is that mayors have stated publicly they would deny him opening a business  b/c of his beliefs.  The LA Times and Boston Globe hit the nail on the head when they stated in their paper:

“Public officials have a responsibility to carry out their ministerial tasks fairly and evenhandedly – and to uphold the principle of free speech – whether or not they like a business executive’s social or political stances,” the Times opined.

The Boston Globe wondered “which part of the First Amendment does Menino not understand? A business owner’s political or religious beliefs should not be a test for the worthiness of his or her application for a business license.
that is what really has me pissed off.  I didn't think I would see the day where someone would be threatened to deny them right to open a business based on their personal beliefs, convictions and a statement they publicly made.

This whole thing has been blown out of proportion and it's not even news worthy, but yet I have had to read about it for a week now when it should have died by now.  I grow tired of shit like this making headlines across the nation instead of reporting real news.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 01:01:25 AM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2012, 01:02:47 AM »

I try to stay out of this too...but...this is completely wrong. I would almost gaurantee you that Cathy and Chick fil a have given money for years and years to "traditional" foundations that advocate "traditional" values. But nothing has ever been said. Why now is this an issue if what you say is true? Your argument is how people try and justify what they are doing...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2012, 08:17:03 AM »
I agree that the initial outcry was reactionary to Cathey's public statements.  The "movement", however, would have likely been a blip on the radar without the attendant research into CFA's corporate benevolence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2012, 09:01:39 AM »
I agree that the initial outcry was reactionary to Cathey's public statements.  The "movement", however, would have likely been a blip on the radar without the attendant research into CFA's corporate benevolence.

I think you need to add in the reactions by the gov officials of Chicago, Boston, and now New York adding to the fervor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2012, 10:51:08 AM »
Just think what the outcry would have been from the liberal media (and there kind) had a Texas (or southern) Mayor said he would not support Starbucks or Amazon getting a business license because they (support) same sex marriage.

I bet we would have heard from the justice dept.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2012, 12:50:50 PM »
Just think what the outcry would have been from the liberal media (and there kind) had a Texas (or southern) Mayor said he would not support Starbucks or Amazon getting a business license because they (support) same sex marriage.

I bet we would have heard from the justice dept.

EXACTLY!   You are talking about territories (states) that are still not allowed to determine their own voting districts.

BTW I am stealing this coherent thought.  You have so few not involving cars I thought I should take advantage.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 01:01:02 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2012, 01:03:31 PM »
EXACTLY!   You are talking about territories (states) that are still not allowed to determine their own voting districts.

This is the problem that I have with the whole thing.

Honestly...I could give a shit if gay people married or not. If it came to vote, I am not sure if I would go vote one way or the other. I see both sides of the fence. If I was forced in to voting, I would probably vote to allow it...because it doesn't matter to me who is married to who.

The whole thing though is that I don't like ANYTHING being forced down my throat. Especially by a federal government that really is not supposed to have the god damn power to do so...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2012, 01:40:21 PM »

BTW I am stealing this coherent thought.  You have so few not involving cars I thought I should take advantage.

Keen cars=keen thoughts (sometimes)  :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions