AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: National Same Sex Kiss Day at Chick Fil A
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 11:37:17 AM »
You are doing Chick-fil-A wrong!

#3, with a slice of pepperjack.

This article.  Read it. 

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/07/in-defense-of-eating-at-chick-fil-a/260139/
Agree with this completely.

That's basically what I was saying. I disagree with Cathy, and think it's a weird business move to say that publically, but it does not effect his ability to make a delicious chicken sandwich, and I have no problem giving him my money for that. If I were actually gay, or cared a little bit more than I actually do about the subject, I could see not wanting to give this guy more money that he can in-turn donate to charities aimed at keeping the gay brotha down, so I actually see the other side of it too. Just doesn't affect me enough to care that much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 12:57:55 PM »
Which obviously disqualifies Snags from being a target.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2012, 01:39:51 PM »
I agree with all of this, and will also add that this is ridiculous, especially considering where their priorities are in Chicago.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/cities-move-to-ban-chick-fil-a-supporters-launch-day-of-support.html
All that being said (and you knew there'd be a "but"), it seems like a weird thing for a business to come out and straight-up eliminate a group of people from their customer base like that. Let alone the multitude of people who will just boycott in support of that group. Seems like bad business to me. I won't get into the general moral discussion on being against gay marriage for religious reasons, because it's been discussed before. All I'll say is that the "Bible's definition of marriage" says that if you die your wife has to marry your brother, you can never divorce, polygamy and concubines are cool, and if you get raped you have to marry your attacker.

But again, I'm still eating Chick-Fil-A, and I'm cool with the smaller lines as long as it doesn't end up raising the price on my #1 combo.

My big thing with this (regardless of what one thinks is marriage), is that Boston and Chitown are both boycotting CFA because Cathy is "intolerant of other views". By banning them, isn't that what THEY are doing to CFA? And on an even worse level since they are actively banning them? The anti gay views are just Cathy's personal views. He doesn't ban or discriminate people from CFA because of it. But that's exactly what those towns are doing to him. Hypocrisy and then some.  And you are right, you'd think Chi would have better things to worry about on the values scale.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2012, 03:26:39 PM »
So, Chik-Fil-A doesn't reflect Chicago values.

In other news, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel played host to Louis Farrakhan this week...

Thanks for clearing that up, dude.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2012, 03:43:41 PM »
Every Saturday if I am coming off the morning shift of umpiring 9 to 2, I swing through the local CF and get 5 spicy chicken sandwiches and one large waffle Fry. Freeze 4 of the sandwiches for lunch during the week and chow down on one.

I think I’ll increase my order. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2012, 04:27:29 PM »
Agree with this completely.

That's basically what I was saying. I disagree with Cathy, and think it's a weird business move to say that publically, but it does not effect his ability to make a delicious chicken sandwich, and I have no problem giving him my money for that. If I were actually gay, or cared a little bit more than I actually do about the subject, I could see not wanting to give this guy more money that he can in-turn donate to charities aimed at keeping the gay brotha down, so I actually see the other side of it too. Just doesn't affect me enough to care that much.

Also, I believe he was asked. Was he supposed to lie or say no comment? They would have ran with that too. Like the Rend unto Caesar answer Jesus gave to a currency question from Pilate's roman guards, it was a trick question with no good answer. The media and the left have turned this into "CFA won't let gays have chicken now!!" propoganda hit piece. Fucking sad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2012, 04:36:55 PM »
Also, I believe he was asked. Was he supposed to lie or say no comment? They would have ran with that too. Like the Rend unto Caesar answer Jesus gave to a currency question from Pilate's roman guards, it was a trick question with no good answer. The media and the left have turned this into "CFA won't let gays have chicken now!!" propoganda hit piece. Fucking sad.

That Cathy is a piece of shit.  Depriving gays of their chicken. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2012, 05:21:14 PM »
If it were just about the money, Chik-fil-a would be open on Sunday. Americans have always prided themselves for standing up for what they believe. Most Americans respect Cathy more for this than the ones who will boycott. I will eat there when I choose and I will probably show up on the first just to accidentally spill my sweet tea with a splash of lemonade on the first couple I see kissing. Gay or straight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2012, 07:34:04 PM »
I appreciate the fact that somebody has the nuts to come out and have a stance on the issue. That goes for Nabisco for taking a pro-gay stance as well. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2012, 10:01:58 PM »
If it were just about the money, Chik-fil-a would be open on Sunday. Americans have always prided themselves for standing up for what they believe. Most Americans respect Cathy more for this than the ones who will boycott. I will eat there when I choose and I will probably show up on the first just to accidentally spill my sweet tea with a splash of lemonade on the first couple I see kissing. Gay or straight.

You sthpill lemonade on me and Bruce and I'll sthlap you sthilly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2012, 11:42:59 PM »
That Cathy is a piece of shit.  Depriving gays of their chicken.
Sometimes they need the cock golden-fried, and maybe even spicy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2012, 08:43:05 AM »
They come out of the closet and first thing they want is acceptance. Then they want marriage rights, What will they want next, to become president?

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2012, 11:58:10 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

GH2001

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2012, 01:13:49 PM »

The new kid keeps the hits coming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2012, 01:26:08 PM »
The new kid keeps the hits coming.

Watch her, she has a mean streak.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2012, 06:06:47 PM »

All that being said (and you knew there'd be a "but"), it seems like a weird thing for a business to come out and straight-up eliminate a group of people from their customer base like that.

I with more people put their personal principles above making a buck.  I admire the guy for that. 

He'd rather state his beliefs than equivocate in the interest of pacifying a social agenda for the sake of keeping a few customers. 

Bravo. 

I'm eating at Chick Fil A more often in support. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2012, 07:55:14 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2012, 04:02:31 PM »
This guy is  #winning.  But from what I've heard about Rahm when he was Barry's pet attack dog in DC he might be willing to fire the first shot.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/31/chicago-religious-leaders-back-chick-fil/

Days after the big city boss blasted the chicken chain over its president's stance on same-sex marriage, an influential Baptist minister and Cardinal Francis George of the Archdiocese of Chicago struck back. The religious leaders, who support the traditional view of marriage, were incensed at Emanuel's claim that "Chick-fil-A's values are not Chicago's values."

"Do not disrespect us...We, too, are Chicago," the Rev. Charles Lyons of the Armitage Baptist Church thundered from the pulpit Sunday.

Cardinal Francis George also criticized Emanuel's stance, asking in the Catholic Chicago Blog if everyone who did not agree with Emanuel faced a similar fate.

"Must those whose personal values do not conform to those of the government of the day move from the city," George wondered. "Is the City Council going to set up a 'Council Committee on Un-Chicagoan Activities' and call those of us who are suspect to appear before it?"

The controversy began when a Chicago Alderman Proco Joe Moreno said he would block the restaurant from opening a location in his ward, citing recent comments by Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy. When asked about the company's values, Cathy was quoted saying he was "guilty as charged" for being "supportive of the family -- the biblical definition of the family unit."

Cathy also said on a radio program: “I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say ‘we know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,’ and I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about.”

As officials in other cities, including Boston, San Francisco and New York, blasted Chick-fil-A over Cathy's beliefs, the company issued a new statement over the weekend.

"The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect -- regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender," the statement read. "We will continue this tradition in the over 1,600 restaurants run by independent owner/operators. Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena."

But Lyons had a warning for anyone who tries to impose their values on his congregation.

"If the thought police come to Armitage Baptist Church, we will meet them at the door respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die on this hill, holding a copy of the Sacred Scriptures in one hand and a copy of the U.S. Constitution in the other," Lyons said in the sermon.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/31/chicago-religious-leaders-back-chick-fil/#ixzz22ESTH9KL
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2012, 04:12:19 PM »
This absolutely blows my mind.  Why is this such a big story??

When I was in grade school, we read about the Civil War, the Great Depression,  and winning World War II.

My kids will be reading about a guy who makes chicken sandwiches inciting riots because he offended two people who can't naturally procreate but want to be recognized by the government that they're married. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2012, 04:16:29 PM »
This absolutely blows my mind.  Why is this such a big story??

When I was in grade school, we read about the Civil War, the Great Depression,  and winning World War II.

My kids will be reading about a guy who makes chicken sandwiches inciting riots because he offended two people who can't naturally procreate but want to be recognized by the government that they're married.

It's just been simmering and this is the closest that anything has come to blowing the lid off.  Just like LA in 1992 took the Rodney King riots to set off the race riots.  It's mixed religion and politics just 4 months before the presidential election and given both sides something to talk about besides the economy, which let's face it, is not a topic that republicans or democrats really seem to have the best track record with lately.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.