Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

National Same Sex Kiss Day at Chick Fil A

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: National Same Sex Kiss Day at Chick Fil A
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2012, 09:24:59 AM »
It's just been simmering and this is the closest that anything has come to blowing the lid off.  Just like LA in 1992 took the Rodney King riots to set off the race riots.  It's mixed religion and politics just 4 months before the presidential election and given both sides something to talk about besides the economy, which let's face it, is not a topic that republicans or democrats really seem to have the best track record with lately.

Agree.

I also think it and other things (Fluke and Birth Control) have been used as a distraction for the left since the economy and livelihoods of the avg citizen are not something they really want to talk about at the moment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2012, 10:12:46 AM »
Time to spill the sweet tea......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2012, 01:33:45 PM »
Seriously, I hate this country sometimes...

Apparently since Huckabee &  Santorum declared today "Support Chick-Fil-A" day, stores across the country (or at least the south) are 10 times more packed than they usually are, which is quite a statement. The one here on Veterans (the New Orleans equivalent to 280) had the right lane leading into the Chick-Fil-A closed off, directing traffic in and out of the circus.

I still maintain that if your Chick-Fil-A consumption either decreased or increased dramatically because of the CEO's opinion on a social issue...just fuck you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2012, 01:35:52 PM »
I still maintain that if your Chick-Fil-A consumption either decreased or increased dramatically because of the CEO's opinion on a social issue...just fuck you.

And I say fuck you, you miss the point completely.

It is not whether you agree with the CEO or not.  It is about agreeing that the CEO had the RIGHT to do so in the first place. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2012, 01:37:02 PM »
Seriously, I hate this country sometimes...

Apparently since Huckabee &  Santorum declared today "Support Chick-Fil-A" day, stores across the country (or at least the south) are 10 times more packed than they usually are, which is quite a statement. The one here on Veterans (the New Orleans equivalent to 280) had the right lane leading into the Chick-Fil-A closed off, directing traffic in and out of the circus.

I'll head there after work to get me some spicy chicken goodness, but it won't be because Rick Santorum or Brother Huck told me to. I despise both of them. This situation didn't need their opinion. I support CFA because it's the guy's right to personally believe what he wants. Just like it is for another company to support gays. First Amendment and all that. I support his right to say what he did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2012, 01:41:33 PM »
And I say fuck you, you miss the point completely.

It is not whether you agree with the CEO or not.  It is about agreeing that the CEO had the RIGHT to do so in the first place.

There's another side to this.

People also have the right to boycott his restaurant because of his speech, which is all protected by the constitution.

People shouldn't increase or decrease their consumption of Chick Fil A unless they vehemently disagree with his statement and feel that eating a sandwich from his store supports his philosophy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2012, 01:44:31 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2012, 01:47:31 PM »
Yeah.  I mean, it's all really stupid.  I mean really.  fucking.  stupid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2012, 01:47:55 PM »
There's another side to this.

People also have the right to boycott his restaurant because of his speech, which is all protected by the constitution.

People shouldn't increase or decrease their consumption of Chick Fil A unless they vehemently disagree with his statement and feel that eating a sandwich from his store supports his philosophy.
This guy gets it.

Seems insanely hypocritical to me that when all the bans and boycotts started, everyone here agreed how ludicrous it was that so many people gave so much of a fuck about one man's opinion, as irrelevant to his actual business of chicken-sandwich making as it was.

Now, suddenly, those people are stupid for voting with their (lack of) dollars so to speak by not supporting the company, while hoardes and hoardes of people wait two hours for an order of chicken nuggets to "support the cause".

Fuck causes. This is such a silly fucking thing to get caught up in one way or the other.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2012, 01:48:08 PM »
Was about to head that way until I got a text saying minimum 1 hour wait.  We have 2 here and I was going to head to the one at the Mall.  There's a Sub shop directly across from the Mall Chik Phi-A and the owner sent all his help over to CFA to help handle all the customers.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2012, 01:49:15 PM »

I believe they technically just asked him if he STILL supported traditional marriage.

He said "guilty as charged".

And all of this uproar from liberals and the media is all for that. We are in a world of hurt if that simple question and answer creates THAT much stress on people. Fucking sad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2012, 01:50:41 PM »
Was about to head that way until I got a text saying minimum 1 hour wait.  We have 2 here and I was going to head to the one at the Mall.  There's a Sub shop directly across from the Mall Chik Phi-A and the owner sent all his help over to CFA to help handle all the customers.

Chick Fillet sub????????
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2012, 01:58:51 PM »
I'll head there after work to get me some spicy chicken goodness, but it won't be because Rick Santorum or Brother Huck told me to. I despise both of them. This situation didn't need their opinion. I support CFA because it's the guy's right to personally believe what he wants. Just like it is for another company to support gays. First Amendment and all that. I support his right to say what he did.

Ed Zachary.

Little boys and girls are goaded into doing things because of he said/ she said. As adults in this country, we must support the right of an individual or company to stand up for what they believe in. And in doing so, help protect that right. The fact that the gay community openly planned to attack Chik-fil-a and attempt to hurt their sales has backfired on them. The American people hate to be TOLD what to believe. But we respect the right for people to state what they believe without being attacked for it. If there is a company claiming to support gay marriage, I will not attack that company. I will, however, exercise my right not to do business there. The militant gays decided to attack. I'm glad we as Americans still support the right of free speech.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2012, 02:03:53 PM »

Ed Zachary.

Little boys and girls are goaded into doing things because of he said/ she said. As adults in this country, we must support the right of an individual or company to stand up for what they believe in. And in doing so, help protect that right. The fact that the gay community openly planned to attack Chik-fil-a and attempt to hurt their sales has backfired on them. The American people hate to be TOLD what to believe. But we respect the right for people to state what they believe without being attacked for it. If there is a company claiming to support gay marriage, I will not attack that company. I will, however, exercise my right not to do business there. The militant gays decided to attack. I'm glad we as Americans still support the right of free speech.

And let's expand on this. Toyota is a very gay friendly company (as are most car companies). So is it ok if I boycott them? And does it make the gays that DO buy from them because of it any less noble? This could really get into a slippery slope situation if you let it. Another reason why I agree with THS in saying this is a mountain made from a small mole hill.

I have no issue with people coming to Chick Fil A's defense. They were getting pounded on unfairly in the media and by the left which can actually have a huge impact with PR and financially. If me going helps to ensure they don't lose revenue because of a personal opinion, then so be it. I have no issue with that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2012, 02:07:31 PM »
And for the record, I went to Chick-Fil-A yesterday.

Not going today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2012, 02:10:13 PM »

Not going today.

Not sure I will either. Was actually craving it last night and wanted some today (nothing to do with the debate going on). Because of the lines and all, I probably will just wait til tomorrow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2012, 02:10:19 PM »

Not going today.

It's because you hate straight people!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2012, 02:10:20 PM »
I'll be walking by on my way to workout soon...I'll say hello to VV for the board.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2012, 02:11:01 PM »
I'll be walking by on my way to workout soon...I'll say hello to VV for the board.

Is he gonna be there protesting?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2012, 02:14:31 PM »
Is he gonna be there protesting?

Dammit...it's not Friday?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.