Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2012 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: The Official 2012 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread
« Reply #200 on: August 23, 2012, 10:59:15 AM »
The Bravos finally got back on track last night.  Washington is tough.

So the Braves....what the fuck happened the last 4 games before last night?

The nats that good?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #201 on: August 23, 2012, 11:03:43 AM »
So the Braves....what the fuck happened the last 4 games before last night?

The nats that good?

They are. Their pitching is off the charts and hardly a weak link in the line up.  I saw where before they dropped those 4, the Braves had won 18 of 21 games and only gained 1 game on the Nats.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #202 on: August 23, 2012, 11:11:24 AM »
They are. Their pitching is off the charts and hardly a weak link in the line up.  I saw where before they dropped those 4, the Braves had won 18 of 21 games and only gained 1 game on the Nats.

Hopefully they will nut up in the post season just from lack of experience in that climate. Also hoping Strasburg getting shutdown will screw their chemistry up enough. I hope for these things because the Braves just showed they can't stay with the Nats in a series straight up. Not right now anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #203 on: August 23, 2012, 11:18:30 AM »
Hopefully they will nut up in the post season just from lack of experience in that climate. Also hoping Strasburg getting shutdown will screw their chemistry up enough. I hope for these things because the Braves just showed they can't stay with the Nats in a series straight up. Not right now anyway.

The Braves are doing something I've never seen before.  They've gone to a 6 man rotation and despite the recent losses, it's been effective.  They were naming off like the last 10-12 starts and how long each pitcher has gone and virtually all were into the 7th and beyond.  I recall Kimbrel pretty much giving out of gas last year at the end. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #204 on: August 23, 2012, 11:20:43 AM »
Fuck you Rangers!  That is all, carry on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #205 on: August 23, 2012, 11:26:13 AM »
Fuck you Rangers!  That is all, carry on.

I'm jumping on the Rangers bandwagon, provided that this years world series isn't a repeat of last years.  I can't imagine the heartbreak they have, and I actually feel bad for them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #206 on: August 23, 2012, 12:05:17 PM »
I'm jumping on the Rangers bandwagon, provided that this years world series isn't a repeat of last years.  I can't imagine the heartbreak they have, and I actually feel bad for them.
I don't.  Their lame ass bandwagon has grown bigger than the Yankees.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #207 on: August 23, 2012, 01:31:10 PM »
:thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #208 on: August 27, 2012, 09:56:11 AM »

Chooooo choooooo mother fucker!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #209 on: August 27, 2012, 10:48:58 AM »
Chooooo choooooo mother fucker!
Hah, I was waiting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #210 on: August 27, 2012, 11:25:42 AM »
I'm afraid to watch. The Braves might start their smoldering meltdown.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #211 on: August 27, 2012, 11:31:18 AM »
Not real crazy about our upcoming series with the ChiSox....not really crazy about the pitching matchups.   :sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #212 on: August 27, 2012, 02:56:17 PM »
Not real crazy about our upcoming series with the ChiSox....not really crazy about the pitching matchups.   :sad:

Was gonna say you shouldn't be since you are an O's fan.....but I won't.   :poke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #213 on: August 27, 2012, 02:59:32 PM »
Was gonna say you shouldn't be since you are an O's fan.....but I won't.   :poke:

:fu:

What I need is for the Rangers and Indians to fuck Tampa Bay and Oakland up these next three games.  I take back what I said about the Rangers earlier. I really don't expect the Royals to beat the Tigers. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #214 on: August 27, 2012, 03:06:23 PM »
:fu:

What I need is for the Rangers and Indians to fuck Tampa Bay and Oakland up these next three games.  I take back what I said about the Rangers earlier. I really don't expect the Royals to beat the Tigers.

I elude to CCT's post at this point. The question is: will the Braves collapse again? They are a good 3-4 games to the good on the wild card race.

A few interesting facts I found looking at the standings today:

The Braves have a pretty decent 100+ run differential on the year and are right at 20 games over .500. They have the 5th best record in MLB.

The Cardinals have the best run differential in MLB but only about the 7th or 8th best record. This tells me the Cards lose a lot of close games and win a lot of blowouts. Scares me a bit as a Braves fan if they get the other wildcard spot.

The Orioles have a -34 run differential even though they are 11 games over .500 and have the last wildcard spot. They look like they lose a lot of blowouts and win a lot of close ones. Just the opposite of the Cards.

Just thought that was interesting since all 3 are in the playoffs at the moment.

Bad news for the Pirates too is it looks like they are going to fade. McCutchen's BA is starting to dip now. Kind of knew this would happen to them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #215 on: August 27, 2012, 03:19:52 PM »
I elude to CCT's post at this point. The question is: will the Braves collapse again? They are a good 3-4 games to the good on the wild card race.

A few interesting facts I found looking at the standings today:

The Braves have a pretty decent 100+ run differential on the year and are right at 20 games over .500. They have the 5th best record in MLB.

The Cardinals have the best run differential in MLB but only about the 7th or 8th best record. This tells me the Cards lose a lot of close games and win a lot of blowouts. Scares me a bit as a Braves fan if they get the other wildcard spot.

The Orioles have a -34 run differential even though they are 11 games over .500 and have the last wildcard spot. They look like they lose a lot of blowouts and win a lot of close ones. Just the opposite of the Cards.

Just thought that was interesting since all 3 are in the playoffs at the moment.

Bad news for the Pirates too is it looks like they are going to fade. McCutchen's BA is starting to dip now. Kind of knew this would happen to them.

Yes, that is the O's for the most part.  Either win tight games for the most part or get our asses kicked pretty good.  It has been both good and bad watching them this year.  I fear with this new WC rule that the Braves (even though I will laugh) will be that much better than the other WC team, but will have an off night and then the season will be over. 

I kind of feel bad for the Pirates, I was hoping to see them get there in a way.  I likes me some underdogs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #216 on: August 27, 2012, 03:29:37 PM »

Yep.

9-7 at home in one-run games, and 4-14 on the road.  And 3-9 in Extra Inning play.

Add that since the break, the starters have been outstanding.  Waino seems to have found his groove, he was 5-1 in the month of August with a sub 2.00 ERA. 

Since the 19 inning loss to Pittsburgh last Sunday, the Cards have gone 5-1, while the Pirates have gone 1-6.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #217 on: August 27, 2012, 04:31:00 PM »
A few notes on the Braves.  Sitting at 18 games over .500 going into the series against the SD Fathers.  Chipper strained an oblique and is taking no chances.  Will let it heal before he gets back at it for the last month of his career.  Smart...those things will NOT heal unless you give it complete rest.  I know.  Gonzales has apparently had enough of Uggla's struggles and has him on a short arm...err, leash.  He's looking at match ups and if Uggla has struggled against a particular pitcher....he sits.  No more letting him work his way through it.  Hitting .206.  Freaking pathetic.

Oh, and Ben Sheets went on the 15 day DL with a "tired arm".  He's been retired for over 2 years and came back to the Braves after the All Star break.  Pitched lights out for his first 5 starts but his last few have been rough.  Just going to give it a rest before they head down the final stretch.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 04:33:10 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #218 on: August 27, 2012, 04:34:27 PM »
So, you're saying his new hitting coach is not working out?  What was his name?  Webb something?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #219 on: August 27, 2012, 04:37:47 PM »
So, you're saying his new hitting coach is not working out?  What was his name?  Webb something?

Yep.  Can't recall the last name but I know he spent time up on the Hudson
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions