Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2012 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread

Re: The Official 2012 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread
« Reply #320 on: October 08, 2012, 07:08:27 AM »
Is it bad that the Cardinals have more wins in October (3) than my 2 favorite football teams do combined, for the season? (Auburn 1, Saints 1)

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #321 on: October 08, 2012, 11:59:31 PM »
O's win game two.  ARod the last Yankees out.  Haha!

I think they play on Wednesday night?

Cards tied it up today, too.  Game 3 on Wednesday at noon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #322 on: October 09, 2012, 11:07:00 AM »
O's win game two.  ARod the last Yankees out.  Haha!

I think they play on Wednesday night?

Cards tied it up today, too.  Game 3 on Wednesday at noon.

To a cards Oreos series.

Btw I thought it was pretty shitty how the bravos fans acted throwing shit on the cards. Very Philly fan esque.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #323 on: October 09, 2012, 11:17:04 AM »
I was going to bitch about the missed opportunities in game 1.  Runners on 1 and 3rd with one out, but we never advance the guy to second to eliminate the DP.  Or the leadoff double in the 7th and we never got him in (unacceptable in my book), the decision to bring in Johnson when Matusz had just toasted them in the previous inning........anywho......piss on it.  First time my team has been there since 97 and win or lose, I am enjoying the fact that I have a reason to watch some baseball after June. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #324 on: October 09, 2012, 11:37:32 AM »
To a cards Oreos series.

Btw I thought it was pretty shitty how the bravos fans acted throwing shit on the cards. Very Philly fan esque.

I thought the call was bullshit, too, but not the reason the Braves lost the game.

If the Nats beat the Cards, I'll root for them to win the NL.

In the AL, I hope Oakland can beat Det, and Baltimore can beat NYY.  Baltimore over the A's, though.

What would they call a Baltimore/Nats series? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #325 on: October 09, 2012, 11:54:57 AM »
You two just have your little fun.  Your little back and forth.  I'm outta' here til April. 

Hope you both choke on a dick and die. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #326 on: October 09, 2012, 12:00:48 PM »
You two just have your little fun.  Your little back and forth.  I'm outta' here til April. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #327 on: October 09, 2012, 12:56:05 PM »

And without decent Auburn football to watch, we both know you're going to be watching baseball playoffs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #328 on: October 09, 2012, 01:15:13 PM »
I thought the call was bullshit, too, but not the reason the Braves lost the game.

If the Nats beat the Cards, I'll root for them to win the NL.

In the AL, I hope Oakland can beat Det, and Baltimore can beat NYY.  Baltimore over the A's, though.

It was a bad call but the fans reaction was even worse. Excuses is all I heard. You tell some uga fans bleed into the braves fanbase. And it wasn't why they lost.

And it would be a beltway series I guess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #329 on: October 09, 2012, 05:20:01 PM »

The most unwatched series in recent history?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #330 on: October 12, 2012, 09:41:16 PM »
What a shitty day in baseball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #331 on: October 13, 2012, 12:42:47 AM »
Or not...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #332 on: October 13, 2012, 03:41:01 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #333 on: October 19, 2012, 03:35:05 PM »
Not that it will make you Braves fans feel any better...  but at least the next time someone says you guys choke in the playoffs, you can point at the Yankees.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/york-yankees-atlanta-braves-comes-october-performance-162720427--mlb.html

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #334 on: October 24, 2012, 01:36:26 PM »
Congrats to the Cards for making it to the NLCS.  The Giants apparently caught fire at just the right time to take the series.  Another great season.  I'll say this, and I haven't seen any statistics, but the Cardinals have to be the most consistent team in all of baseball over the last 15-20 years.

Now...I'm fairly certain I won't watch 3 pitches of the World Serious.  Can't think of 2 teams I give less of a fuck about. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #335 on: October 24, 2012, 02:39:52 PM »
I think I read that since 2000, this was their 7th NLCS, with a record of 3-4.  And really, that's all I expect out of them, just keep my attention by playing meaningful baseball games into September.  I think with the extra Wildcard, you can pretty much pencil then in contention every year.

Giants pitching was outstanding the last 3 games.  To say the Cardinals choked does a disservice to how well the Giants pitched.  In game 5, the series turned in the 2nd inning, Cards had runners at 2nd and 3rd and no body out, and couldn't get a run home.  Had the feeling that if the damn would have broken there, Cards would have won, but they didn't.  Credit Zito.

And I will watch the World Series when Verlander is pitching, since he's dating Kate Upton, and I'm sure they will show her on TV.  And on that note, I hope Verlander fucking dies... lucky bastard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #336 on: October 24, 2012, 02:45:45 PM »
I think I read that since 2000, this was their 7th NLCS, with a record of 3-4.  And really, that's all I expect out of them, just keep my attention by playing meaningful baseball games into September.  I think with the extra Wildcard, you can pretty much pencil then in contention every year.

Giants pitching was outstanding the last 3 games.  To say the Cardinals choked does a disservice to how well the Giants pitched.  In game 5, the series turned in the 2nd inning, Cards had runners at 2nd and 3rd and no body out, and couldn't get a run home.  Had the feeling that if the damn would have broken there, Cards would have won, but they didn't.  Credit Zito.

And I will watch the World Series when Verlander is pitching, since he's dating Kate Upton, and I'm sure they will show her on TV.  And on that note, I hope Verlander fucking dies... lucky bastard.

You know...I didn't know that.  A legitimate reason to watch the Serious now.  Being a baseball fan, I'll probably catch a game or two.  I do love some October baseball....and I have no life this year when it comes to football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #337 on: October 24, 2012, 10:57:35 PM »
Not that it will make you Braves fans feel any better...  but at least the next time someone says you guys choke in the playoffs, you can point at the Yankees.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/york-yankees-atlanta-braves-comes-october-performance-162720427--mlb.html

And the Yankees have spent a shit ton more money choking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #338 on: October 25, 2012, 02:17:28 PM »
Dizzam.  Didn't see that coming. Said I wasn't going to watch and wound up taking in about 5 innings last night. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions