Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2012 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: The Official 2012 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2012, 10:57:21 AM »
Question.  I'm assuming the Cubs would be considered a "Big market" team.  I looked at the roster and I'm thinking, what happened?  How did they get in this position?  Are they just not willing to spend the money and go get some name players or are they already paying too much for what they have.  Outside of the the SS, Fidel Castro, who...(Wait, self imposed 5 game suspension) is obviously a bright young talent, the only names I really recoginze..non-pitchers...are Soriano, Johnson and Byrd.  All 3 are in the their mid-thirties. 

Am I wrong in assuming they have the money to spend?  I was pissed about the Braves standing pat in the off season but have come to realize those days of going out and getting 2-3 new pieces of the puzzle every year are gone.  We got an Uggla 2 years ago. What's your take on teh baby bears?

That's why I am puzzled this season as well.  After they hired Epstein away from Mr. Kotter, I really had high hopes.  So far, his big spash has turned into a trickle.  They had a chance to spend some money on either of 2 big time 1st basemen, and two big whiffs...

They seem to have plenty of money to spend most years, but now that they have the promise in GM to go along with it, they just aren't spending.  Maybe they are saving up for a huge payroll next season...who knows?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2012, 11:07:59 AM »
That's why I am puzzled this season as well.  After they hired Epstein away from Mr. Kotter, I really had high hopes.  So far, his big spash has turned into a trickle.  They had a chance to spend some money on either of 2 big time 1st basemen, and two big whiffs...

They seem to have plenty of money to spend most years, but now that they have the promise in GM to go along with it, they just aren't spending.  Maybe they are saving up for a huge payroll next season...who knows?

They're going to have to unless they see their farm system as loaded with incredible talent.  That roster is not going to do squat this year or next and the 3 names I mentioned will just be a year older.  Baseball needs the Cubs to get off their asses and become a major player.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2012, 12:00:45 PM »
I'm just glad the Braves finally figured out how to fucking beat the Mets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2012, 09:41:52 AM »

Still the only 2 losses of the season belong to blown saves by the closer. The Rangers could be 12-0. I will take 10-2 though...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2012, 10:54:51 AM »
Aaannnd the Bravos hammer out 16 hits and 14 runs to take the series from the Mets.  Spawn of Chopper finally contributed something with his first HR...as did Freeman.  Averaging 7 runs a game over their last 8. 

And yes, Tejas looks damn good.  Watched a good it of the game with Bahstahn last night.  Holland was sharp.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2012, 10:56:51 AM »
Aaannnd the Bravos hammer out 16 hits and 14 runs to take the series from the Mets.  Spawn of Chopper finally contributed something with his first HR...as did Freeman.  Averaging 7 runs a game over their last 8. 

And yes, Tejas looks damn good.  Watched a good it of the game with Bahstahn last night.  Holland was sharp.
Braves lead the National League in runs.  I would have slapped you had you said that would be the case a week ago. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2012, 12:10:47 PM »

Still the only 2 losses of the season belong to blown saves by the closer. The Rangers could be 12-0. I will take 10-2 though...

The Rangers and Detroit from what little I have watched them look damn good.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2012, 12:25:40 PM »
I became a bandwagon Red Sox fan years ago, mainly because they're the chief nemises of the Yankmees, plus I just needed an American League team to pull for.  I knew Bobby Valentine would be a putz of a manager.  I don't like the guy...don't like his voice...don't like his managing style....he's a putz. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2012, 12:39:00 PM »
The Rangers and Detroit from what little I have watched them look damn good.

They are playing a 4 game series starting tonight in Detroit...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2012, 01:00:55 PM »
They are playing a 4 game series starting tonight in Detroit...

I have to see if I can find that series on TV.  I know they play on TBS on Sunday, but would like to watch a little before then. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2012, 01:32:17 PM »
I became a bandwagon Red Sox fan years ago, mainly because they're the chief nemises of the Yankmees, plus I just needed an American League team to pull for.  I knew Bobby Valentine would be a putz of a manager.  I don't like the guy...don't like his voice...don't like his managing style....he's a putz.

Red Sox fans in person (IMHO) are worse than Yankees fans. Less laid back, more high strung, and def more obnoxious with that fucked up accent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2012, 01:41:03 PM »
I have to see if I can find that series on TV.  I know they play on TBS on Sunday, but would like to watch a little before then.

Yuuuuuuuuu

is pitching tonight...

(I tried to find just the start of Crank Dat Soulja Boy but couldn't find it)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2012, 04:21:19 PM »
Red Sox fans in person (IMHO) are worse than Yankees fans. Less laid back, more high strung, and def more obnoxious with that fucked up accent.

I imagine so.  I was at Mickey Mantles summer before last.  Slow week night, not a huge amount of folks in there.  The Yankmees were playing Minnesota on the tube and a NY player hit a HR.  First few innings....no biggee.

You'd have thought that HR won the World Series.  This one table erupts..."Yeeeeeeaaahh, SUCK IT TWINS....Yankees are kickin' your ass.....Yeeeaahhh...Yankeeeeeeeeeessss"

And she wasn't bad lookin' either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2012, 10:12:22 AM »
I imagine so.  I was at Mickey Mantles summer before last.  Slow week night, not a huge amount of folks in there.  The Yankmees were playing Minnesota on the tube and a NY player hit a HR.  First few innings....no biggee.

You'd have thought that HR won the World Series.  This one table erupts..."Yeeeeeeaaahh, SUCK IT TWINS....Yankees are kickin' your ass.....Yeeeaahhh...Yankeeeeeeeeeessss"

And she wasn't bad lookin' either.

I used to be like you in regards to the Sawx. Until I actually met some Sawx fans from Bahstun. I will say one thing - they don't discriminate in who they offend. They fucking hate everyone and everyone else's team. Oh, and they also hate your mother.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2012, 10:32:54 AM »
Stayed up til about 10:15 watching the Bravos out in Arizona.  They had just taken a 5-2 lead so I hit the hay.  Just saw where they won 10-2 with 16 hits, two of which were 2-run homers by Freeman.  Looks like he's busted out of his early season slump.  No way they keep this up with this kind of production but damn, they've been hitting the ball big time lately.  Funny, I had forgotten til the other day that Hudson isn't even in the rotation yet. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2012, 01:16:54 PM »
Still haven't watched the first pitch of a baseball game.  Or that shit they call baseball in Houston.

Saw on the news that the Suckasstros got 11 runs last night in a win against the Nats.  There goes their allotment for the rest of April and part of May.  They wasted them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2012, 02:22:27 PM »
Still haven't watched the first pitch of a baseball game.  Or that shit they call baseball in Houston.

Saw on the news that the Suckasstros got 11 runs last night in a win against the Nats.  There goes their allotment for the rest of April and part of May.  They wasted them.

...and yet they are 2 games ahead of the Schlubs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2012, 03:21:51 PM »
It is fun to watch the Braves when they score like this...I hope they can keep it up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2012, 03:42:24 PM »
It is fun to watch the Braves when they score like this...I hope they can keep it up.

True dat.  And it was fun to watch the 2010 version of our Auburn Tigers when they were scoring like that. 

You certainly don't expect averaging 8-9 runs a game and that will end quickly.  But I still say this lineup can get you 5-6 most every night and right at double digit hits.  Absolutely no reason to go into the dive they took late last season.  If Hudson comes back strong, the rotation of Hudson, Hanson, Jurgens Lotion,  and Beachy or Minor as the 4th/5th starters should be solid enough to keep them in contention.  But you still just kind of sit back and wait on the Phillies to hit their stride.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2012, 11:55:32 AM »
True dat.  And it was fun to watch the 2010 version of our Auburn Tigers when they were scoring like that. 

You certainly don't expect averaging 8-9 runs a game and that will end quickly.  But I still say this lineup can get you 5-6 most every night and right at double digit hits.  Absolutely no reason to go into the dive they took late last season.  If Hudson comes back strong, the rotation of Hudson, Hanson, Jurgens Lotion,  and Beachy or Minor as the 4th/5th starters should be solid enough to keep them in contention.  But you still just kind of sit back and wait on the Phillies to hit their stride.

Honestly, I'm not sure Beachy and Minor aren't two of our best starters.  Those guys are pitching great to start the season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions