Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2012 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread

Re: The Official 2012 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2012, 02:39:48 PM »
Opening day for the Cards tomorrow vs the Cubs.  I've got tickets for Saturday's game.

And it's World Series Replica Ring giveaway.  Cold hearted to do it against the Cubs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2012, 03:51:26 PM »
Opening day for the Cards tomorrow vs the Cubs.  I've got tickets for Saturday's game.

And it's World Series Replica Ring giveaway.  Cold hearted to do it against the Cubs.

Enjoy watching the win.  And the series win.  And probably the sweep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2012, 10:10:51 AM »

Well at least that way, the Cubs fans in attendance can say they have a World Series ring. It just wont be theirs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2012, 11:44:51 AM »

I'm still a little bitter about that.

On another note, the Rangers have 2 losses on the season, both at the hands of Nathan...the closer. Yes, the only losses of the year are supposed to be automatic wins...

On the bright side, the Rangers look damn good...with their only real weakness being the old ass surgically impaired closer...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2012, 11:51:07 AM »
I'm still a little bitter about that.

On another note, the Rangers have 2 losses on the season, both at the hands of Nathan...the closer. Yes, the only losses of the year are supposed to be automatic wins...

On the bright side, the Rangers look damn good...with their only real weakness being the old ass surgically impaired closer...

If the Braves fall apart (which they have the last 2 seasons), Ive tended to pull for the Rangers come October. Gotta keep it in the South. And yes, they look damn good. The Mgr is doing something right the last 2-3 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2012, 02:26:06 PM »
Ive tended to pull for the Rangers come October.

Agreed, I thought they were just a class organization last year.  Would love to see them win it all this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2012, 11:07:31 PM »
I wouldn't hold your breathe.  I am going to be at the game Friday night though, maybe I will bring some luck.

10 runs on 14 hits?  I now expect you to attend every Braves game for the rest of the season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2012, 06:20:38 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »

Coincidentally, I was coming to post the exact same thing.  Braves string 5 together.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2012, 10:11:38 AM »
Coincidentally, I was coming to post the exact same thing.  Braves string 5 together.

They either heard us all bitching or AWK told them in person Friday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2012, 10:41:51 AM »
They either heard us all bitching or AWK told them in person Friday.

I can picture him going all Lou Brown on them.

We won a game yesterday. If we win one today, that’s two in a row. We win one tomorrow, that’s called a winning streak. It has happened before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2012, 11:42:29 AM »
I can picture him going all Lou Brown on them.

We won a game yesterday. If we win one today, that’s two in a row. We win one tomorrow, that’s called a winning streak. It has happened before.
I think you guys need to buy me season tickets.  I bring the good fortune for a weekend series.  I did curse Uggla a few times, but that is par for the course for me.  I also bought way too many beers at Turner field. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2012, 11:52:19 AM »
I did curse Uggla a few times, but that is par for the course for me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2012, 11:57:37 AM »
I think you guys need to buy me season tickets.  I bring the good fortune for a weekend series.  I did curse Uggla a few times, but that is par for the course for me.  I also bought way too many beers at Turner field.

There were other people there as well. I think I saw you on the kiss cam with that dude next to you.
And everyone knows you are supposed to drink in the parking lot to avoid those $7 beers.

I though the Braves were gonna give it away. When Corey "I weres my sunglasses at night" Hart hits bomb, you know its gonna be a long night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2012, 12:14:33 PM »
There were other people there as well. I think I saw you on the kiss cam with that dude next to you.
And everyone knows you are supposed to drink in the parking lot to avoid those $7 beers.

I though the Braves were gonna give it away. When Corey "I weres my sunglasses at night" Hart hits bomb, you know its gonna be a long night.
Damn Kiss cam...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2012, 10:26:49 AM »
Somewhat encouraging to see the Braves playing like they are right now.  After an 0-4 start, they've gone 6-1 and have been scoring a lot of runs.  Batting averages are still horrible overall but they didn't hit at all during that 0-4 stretch.  Heyward is off to a great start, complete reverse of last year.  Looks comfortable at the plate.  However, Chopper's spawn is off to another blistering .195 start with no production whatsoever.  Bourn did absolutely nothing for the first 5-6 games but he appears to be getting back on track and they really need Freeman to get his ass in gear.  Great things were predicted for him this year, probably like no other Brave, and he's hitting around .200.

McCann started slow too but is hitting over .400 in his last 7 games.  Only 11 games in and too early to tell but they just can't have Uggla, Freeman and Bourn continue to suxxors the first quarter of the season. I still love this line up but too many of these guys have gone into prolonged slumps over the last year plus.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2012, 10:31:30 AM »
3-8 bitches!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2012, 10:35:29 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2012, 10:37:21 AM »
Yeah, but next year....

"Oh no, we suck again!!!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2012, 10:45:45 AM »
"Oh no, we suck again!!!"

Question.  I'm assuming the Cubs would be considered a "Big market" team.  I looked at the roster and I'm thinking, what happened?  How did they get in this position?  Are they just not willing to spend the money and go get some name players or are they already paying too much for what they have.  Outside of the the SS, Fidel Castro, who...(Wait, self imposed 5 game suspension) is obviously a bright young talent, the only names I really recoginze..non-pitchers...are Soriano, Johnson and Byrd.  All 3 are in the their mid-thirties. 

Am I wrong in assuming they have the money to spend?  I was pissed about the Braves standing pat in the off season but have come to realize those days of going out and getting 2-3 new pieces of the puzzle every year are gone.  We got an Uggla 2 years ago. What's your take on teh baby bears?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions