Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dissappointed

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Dissappointed
« on: January 06, 2012, 09:56:53 AM »
Why does it seem that we have no positive carry over from our NC?  I know we had a rough season, and now are looking to replace a couple of coaches (and what the fuck is taking so long with that), but it just seems like we don't have any momentum or excitement with our program right now.  I was really expecting to see a couple of players commit to AU last night, but I didn't.  All I heard was he's a bammer, or gaytor, or bengal tiger and it was really a bit of a let down.  Also read where one of you posted that bammer and lsu were about done with recruiting so we should finish strong.  WTF?  We now have to wait for them to get who they want and then take the leftovers?  FUCK THAT!  AU won it all last year and should be able to get just about anybody we want, but for some reason can't, and that has me feeling a little dissappointed.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletigers Balls

• Abused and Unused!
Re: Dissappointed
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 09:59:12 AM »
Now you know how I feel everyday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 10:32:03 AM »
Why does it seem that we have no positive carry over from our NC?  I know we had a rough season, and now are looking to replace a couple of coaches (and what the fuck is taking so long with that), but it just seems like we don't have any momentum or excitement with our program right now.  I was really expecting to see a couple of players commit to AU last night, but I didn't.  All I heard was he's a bammer, or gaytor, or bengal tiger and it was really a bit of a let down.  Also read where one of you posted that bammer and lsu were about done with recruiting so we should finish strong.  WTF?  We now have to wait for them to get who they want and then take the leftovers?  FUCK THAT!  AU won it all last year and should be able to get just about anybody we want, but for some reason can't, and that has me feeling a little dissappointed.

Different for us.  We won it all, but all the talking heads could talk about until the season started was how we bought Cam and we were getting the hammer.  Then NYT releases an article about Chiz butting heads with the lady from the NCAA.  The you have Danny Sheridan go to any news outlet that will let him speak talking about how he knows who the bagman is and how the NCAA knows.  It's coming any day.  Sprinkle in the Bingo trial and how we are tied to it every couple of days and it doesn't take long before the damage is done.  We lost out on a lot of kids b/c of that.   As soon as the NCAA cleared us, we have a shitty season that was a turn off and we don't have any coordinators.    The perfect shit storm hit us.    Suitgate, some of the shady shit at LSU never got the play in the media that Auburn did. 

Now saying that, we are more than likely still going to finish with a top 10 class.  Two top 5 classes and a top 10 class will keep us with some good talent. 

I don't know why anyone was expecting us to get some commitments last night.  We were only really in it for Channing Ward and it was pretty clear that "momma" wanted him to go to Ole Miss and since his walk on brother was going to "earn" a scholarship under the new coach that he was headed to Oxford.

I think we close out strong and we are in on landing some really big time recruits.

Deon Bush, Leonard Williams, Arik Arimstead, Kwon Alexander, Ricardo Louis, Cordarrelle Patterson, Avory Young, I'Tavius Mathers and several others.   Given this staffs track record, I think we will hire the right guys at coordinators and we will close out strong in recruiting. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 10:32:25 AM »
Now you know how I feel everyday.

This is pure gold!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 10:36:59 AM »
Different for us.  We won it all, but all the talking heads could talk about until the season started was how we bought Cam and we were getting the hammer.  Then NYT releases an article about Chiz butting heads with the lady from the NCAA.  The you have Danny Sheridan go to any news outlet that will let him speak talking about how he knows who the bagman is and how the NCAA knows.  It's coming any day.  Sprinkle in the Bingo trial and how we are tied to it every couple of days and it doesn't take long before the damage is done.  We lost out on a lot of kids b/c of that.   As soon as the NCAA cleared us, we have a shitty season that was a turn off and we don't have any coordinators.    The perfect shit storm hit us.    Suitgate, some of the shady shit at LSU never got the play in the media that Auburn did. 

Now saying that, we are more than likely still going to finish with a top 10 class.  Two top 5 classes and a top 10 class will keep us with some good talent. 

I don't know why anyone was expecting us to get some commitments last night.  We were only really in it for Channing Ward and it was pretty clear that "momma" wanted him to go to Ole Miss and since his walk on brother was going to "earn" a scholarship under the new coach that he was headed to Oxford.

I think we close out strong and we are in on landing some really big time recruits.

Deon Bush, Leonard Williams, Arik Arimstead, Kwon Alexander, Ricardo Louis, Cordarrelle Patterson, Avory Young, I'Tavius Mathers and several others.   Given this staffs track record, I think we will hire the right guys at coordinators and we will close out strong in recruiting.

This is true, thanks I needed that!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 10:39:37 AM »
Eddie Goldman and Stephon Diggs are in the bag...man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 10:40:38 AM »
While I have to admit that I too am disappointed, just look at the recruiting rankings since 2000 for example.  The last 2 years are the highest ranked and they were back-to-back classes.  This year's class will be no slouch, and will probably finish anywhere from 7-12...which under any other circumstances would be another very good year.

For all the reasons AUTiger1 just mentioned, it is amazing that these coaches will end up with a top 15, possibly top 10 class considering all the "outside" influences they have had to deal with.  Also, if new coordinators are hired soon, and they are "splash" hires, I would look for a jump definitely into the top 10, and possibly top 5. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 10:41:56 AM »

Did you call?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 10:42:31 AM »
While I have to admit that I too am disappointed, just look at the recruiting rankings since 2000 for example.  The last 2 years are the highest ranked and they were back-to-back classes.  This year's class will be no slouch, and will probably finish anywhere from 7-12...which under any other circumstances would be another very good year.

For all the reasons AUTiger1 just mentioned, it is amazing that these coaches will end up with a top 15, possibly top 10 class considering all the "outside" influences they have had to deal with.  Also, if new coordinators are hired soon, and they are "splash" hires, I would look for a jump definitely into the top 10, and possibly top 5.

There's nobody left.  Bama signed em' all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 10:46:51 AM »

This can make THAT big of a difference.  We hire the right guys and there is a chance that we might be able to poach a couple of guys from other places.  I will give this staff the benefit of the doubt until they have 30th ranked class and make some shitty hires for replacement coaches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 10:48:21 AM »
For the record, I still don't think rankings mean shit, other than to fans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 10:49:18 AM »
No...it's the pimp cups and the rope chains that make the difference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 10:49:34 AM »
Did you call?

Fuck dude, it's too early in the morning to see the face of death, how about some warning next time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 10:57:50 AM »

I don't either.  I think it more or less indicates what kind of athlete you are gaining and not how good a kid will be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 11:07:21 AM »

Couple of questions for you...

Did you expect Gus to get a HC job sooner rather than later?  If you're like most, you did, but now it seems that to some it's a complete shock. 

Did you want Roof to be our DC next season?  Expect him to be?  Not if you have any sense, but now, it's a bad thing for some reason. 

Did you expect to win 10 or 11 games, or compete for the SECW this year?  Most outside of Auburn said we'd be going well to win 6.  We won eight, but the entire focus isn't on over achieving in the win column, it's on the way we lost 3 of the 5. 

Fact is you feel the way you do because you buy in to the constant stream of negativity that flows from the Finefuck show.  And you don't have to listen to the show to hear it.  Everything that happens at Auburn is spun negatively.  Gus turned down Vandy, and everybody got that when it happened.  It's a shitty job, and I don't give a fuck what Franklin did by having a glorious 6-7 season, it's a shit job.  Go look at the list of Vandy coaches, and find one, just ONE that parlayed it in to a bigger, better job.  It's a coach killer job.   But, when Gus takes Ark. St., Vandy is suddenly painted as a "premier SEC job".  "Gus could have been an SEC Head coach!".  Vandy isn't "an SEC job" it's a job in the SEC. 

Roof leaves, as we all wanted, and lands softly at UCF, and he is painted as wanting to be anywhere but Auburn.  He left Auburn on his own for a lesser job.  It's not portrayed the way we all know it went down with Gene telling him to find a new gig. 

Player gets in trouble at bammer, is suspended or booted, Lord Saybinz is a stern disciplinarian.  Same thing happens at Auburn, and Gene's program is out of control.   Bammer OC takes a job at a non BCS school, where they have a home stadium capacity of 32,500, and a program that is a lifetime .471 winning %, and Oh, McElweenie is moving on up.  Look what he's done for himself.  Yippee.  Gus goes to Ark St., stadium capacity of 31,000 and a lifetime winning % of .482, and he was "getting while the getting was good"..."He wanted to be anywhere but Auburn"...which is the case with all coaches at Auburn if you listen to bammers. 

Recruiting isn't over.  9 more players will make a huge difference in the ranking, and they won't suddenly all turn out to be 2* scrubs either. 

Learn that you don't win them all every year.  We had a deficit of upperclassmen this year.  If a NC is the high point, and 8-5 is the low point for this staff I can live with that.  2009, IMHO showed what Chiz can do.  Last year was special, because of a load of Sr. players, and 2 very special players.  Sorry, but nobody wins NCs without great players.  They may not be Cam, but you won't find a team with a crystal ball that has a bunch of non name players with no awards. 

Go ahead, wallow in your sorry that the bammers try to create, or say fuck em, and enjoy what's really going on.  Auburn football is winning, we're not on probation, we're recruiting well, it's all good.  It's not without bumps along the way, but nobody's program is.  Ours bumps are just magnified by the local media, while bammes are swept under the rug or simply ignored.   
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 11:30:54 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 11:10:31 AM »
I don't either.  I think it more or less indicates what kind of athlete you are gaining and not how good a kid will be.

I don't really even think it means that, I think it was a excellent hustle by some people to capitalize on the sport and make some big bucks.

I don't think coaches could give two shits about it.  How's Boise States class been the last 5 years?  How about Florida's? 

Where is Michigan States last 4 classes been in relation to UGA's who I know have been in the top 10.

FSU has been in the top 5 for like the past 20 years so has Texas how have they been doing.  It is so many factors really.  To me I think it comes down more to coaching than anything else.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 11:13:22 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 11:15:47 AM »
Couple of questions for you...

Did you expect Gus to get a HC job sooner rather than later?  If you're like most, you did, but now it seems that to some it's a complete shock. 

Did you want Roof to be our DC next season?  Expect him to be?  Not if you have any sense, but now, it's a bad thing for some reason. 

Did you expect to win 10 or 11 games, or compete for the SECW this year?  Most outside of Auburn said we'd be going well to win 6.  We won eight, but the entire focus isn't on over achieving in the win column, it's on the way we lost 3 of the 5. 

Fact is you feel the way you do because you buy in to the constant stream of negativity that flows from the Finefuck show.  And you don't have to listen to the show to hear it.  Everything that happens at Auburn is spun negatively.  Gus turned down Vandy, and everybody got that when it happened.  It's a shitty job, and I don't give a fuck what Franklin did by having a glorious 6-7 season, it's a shit job.  Go look at the list of Vandy coaches, and find one, just ONE that parlayed it in to a bigger, better job.  It's a coach killer job.   But, when Gus takes Ark. St., Vandy is suddenly painted as a "premier SEC job".  "Gus could have been an SEC Head coach!".  Vandy isn't "an SEC job" it's a job in the SEC. 

Roof leaves, as we all wanted, and lands softly at UCF, and he is painted as wanting to be anywhere but Auburn.  He left Auburn on his own for a lesser job.  It's not portrayed the way we all know it went down with Gene telling him to find a new gig. 

Player gets in trouble at bammer, is suspended or booted, Lord Saybinz is a stern disciplinarian.  Same thing happens at Auburn, and Gene's program is out of control.   Bammer OC takes a job at a non BCS school, where they have a home stadium capacity of 32,500, and a program that is a lifetime .471 winning %, and Oh, McElweenie is moving on up.  Look what he's done for himself.  Yippee.  Gus goes to Ark St., stadium capacity of 31,00, and a lifetime winning % of .482, and he was "getting while the getting was good"..."He wanted to be anywhere but Auburn"...which is the case with all coaches at Auburn if you listen to bammers. 

Recruiting isn't over.  9 more players will make a huge difference in the ranking, and they won't suddenly all turn out to be 2* scrubs either. 

Learn that you don't win them all every year.  We had a deficit of upperclassmen this year.  If a NC is the high point, and 8-5 is the low point for this staff I can live with that.  2009, IMHO showed what Chiz can do.  Last year was special, because of a load of Sr. players, and 2 very special players.  Sorry, but nobody wins NCs without great players.  They may not be Cam, but you won't find a team with a crystal ball that has a bunch of non name players with no awards. 

Go ahead, wallow in your sorry that the bammers try to create, or say fuck em, and enjoy what's really going on.  Auburn football is winning, we're not on probation, we're recruiting well, it's all good.  It's not without bumps along the way, but nobody's program is.  Ours bumps are just magnified by the local media, while bammes are swept under the rug or simply ignored.   

This is also true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 11:16:03 AM »

I don't know about Goldman, but I do know that Diggs is coming to campus on the 20th I believe and that we are going to be his last visit.  I think Momma is traveling with her.  Troop, Lupe, Thig and Chiz need to do their "thang" and lock this kid down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 11:22:08 AM »

Rankings are relative to the others in the class.  Some 5 stars this year, might only be 4 stars in other years, and vice versa. 

On the whole, the ranking system is as accurate as something that subjective can be, and it's reflected in the percentages of players in the NFL draft and their star rankings. 

They do have to be coached as well, but some simply rise to the level of their incompetence too.  Some aren't willing to put in the work required at the next level.  They won't take the coaching.  They've gotten by on simply being a man among boys, and give up when it becomes work.  You can't measure or know those things ahead of time.  A coach can't turn a no talent kid in to a star either.  He might take a kid with marginal talent and get him to play hard and contribute, but you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 11:27:15 AM »
He might take a kid with marginal talent and get him to play hard and contribute, but you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Yes and no.  There are always exceptions to this rule on both sides.

5 stars that are horrible and nobody's that turn out to be great.  That is why I said I think it is bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum