Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dissappointed

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Dissappointed
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2012, 08:48:41 AM »
Right now, recruiting goes to the corner...ALL of the focus should be on bring in the right coaches. If the right coaches are brought in, CGC and the new coaches will make up the lost time (90% of it would be during the Dead Period).

The Coaches are the Backbone of any University, the recruits are the Life Blood.

And yes, I'm using LSU as an example...to show the Auburn fanbase (the ones that have sand between their legs) that all is not lost, regardless of what the media wants us to believe (LSU also replaced coaches after that season too).

Once CGC brings in the Coordinators, then the focus, by the HC and new Coordinators can turn to the prospects (the assistant coaches are still focused on keeping the prospects committed and talking to interested prospects). It will be easier for the prospect to know what kind of Offense or Defense he'd be in, if he's considering Auburn, by talking to the newly appointed Coordinators. It's not that hard to understand.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2012, 09:30:30 AM »
Right now, recruiting goes to the corner...ALL of the focus should be on bring in the right coaches. If the right coaches are brought in, CGC and the new coaches will make up the lost time (90% of it would be during the Dead Period).

The Coaches are the Backbone of any University, the recruits are the Life Blood.

And yes, I'm using LSU as an example...to show the Auburn fanbase (the ones that have sand between their legs) that all is not lost, regardless of what the media wants us to believe (LSU also replaced coaches after that season too).

Once CGC brings in the Coordinators, then the focus, by the HC and new Coordinators can turn to the prospects (the assistant coaches are still focused on keeping the prospects committed and talking to interested prospects). It will be easier for the prospect to know what kind of Offense or Defense he'd be in, if he's considering Auburn, by talking to the newly appointed Coordinators. It's not that hard to understand.
I would have to agree with JR here. Recruiting should never go on the back burner. And how the hell are they going to make up ground when 90% of that period will be a dead period, as you stated? Or am I just not understanding what you mean by that statement?

Chizik needs to put it out there that they are not going to radically change the offense, defense, etc. That is if he does in fact plan on keeping an offense similar to Gus'. I think the fact that his offense is "his offense" is kind of what is causing some recruits to wait and see right now. When you run an offense like his, it's going to be difficult to plug somebody else into that who has a similar offense who knows it as well as Malzahn IMO. That may force AU to go a different direction. Maybe it won't. Nobody has really put it out there what direction Chizik intends to go. That may be all some kids need as reassurance; maybe not.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 09:33:37 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2012, 09:42:19 AM »
I would have to agree with JR here. Recruiting should never go on the back burner. And how the hell are they going to make up ground when 90% of that period will be a dead period, as you stated? Or am I just not understanding what you mean by that statement?

Chizik needs to put it out there that they are not going to radically change the offense, defense, etc. That is if he does in fact plan on keeping an offense similar to Gus'. I think the fact that his offense is "his offense" is kind of what is causing some recruits to wait and see right now. When you run an offense like his, it's going to be difficult to plug somebody else into that who has a similar offense who knows it as well as Malzahn IMO. That may force AU to go a different direction. Maybe it won't. Nobody has really put it out there what direction Chizik intends to go. That may be all some kids need as reassurance; maybe not.

Take a lesson:

Julio at a T-Town Menswear party doing what you do best:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2012, 10:41:40 AM »
Right now, recruiting goes to the corner...ALL of the focus should be on bring in the right coaches.

I got a feeling that Chiz can actually handle both at once, but recruiting takes a back seat to nothing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2012, 11:32:37 AM »
I got a feeling that Chiz can actually handle both at once, but recruiting takes a back seat to nothing.
It takes a backseat right now, regardless what you or anyone else thinks. ALL of the HC's focus should be on bringing in the right coach the assistant coaches can still recruit, because it's not their job to hire coaches. It's not that hard to understand (I've said that twice now, so apparently it is).

rws, 90% of the lost time in recruiting prospects, while searching for coaches, was done during the dead period (where a coach can only contact a prospect once a week via telephone).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2012, 11:38:23 AM »
It takes a backseat right now, regardless what you or anyone else thinks. ALL of the HC's focus should be on bringing in the right coach the assistant coaches can still recruit, because it's not their job to hire coaches. It's not that hard to understand (I've said that twice now, so apparently it is).

rws, 90% of the lost time in recruiting prospects, while searching for coaches, was done during the dead period (where a coach can only contact a prospect once a week via telephone).

Recruiting NEVER takes a back seat.  NEVER!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2012, 11:41:16 AM »
Recruiting NEVER takes a back seat.  NEVER!

Zack Lee

Effing THIS ^^^

I knew of a former coach who put recruiting on the back seat a time or two. Things didnt work out too well because of it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 11:48:24 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2012, 11:50:32 AM »

Zack Lee

Effing THIS ^^^

I knew of a former coach who took put recruiting on the back seat a time or two. Things didnt work out too well because of it.

You can actually look for/hire coaches and recruit at 100%.  It's called multi-tasking.  Neither has to take a back seat, and I don't get why anybody would think otherwise, or why complete focus on finding exactly the right coach is needed.  Chiz will interview interested coaches, decide who does things the way he wants them done, and go from there.  It's not rocket surgery. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2012, 11:53:07 AM »
It's not rocket surgery.

Now don't you go "raping" people over the coals thinking you are the smartest bulb in the knife drawer.

Geez man, why don't you make like a tree and get out of here before I make a conceited effort to reply.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2012, 12:06:46 PM »
^That's why a OC & DC hire needs to be done^
Coach Chizik has stated that he's going to look over both sides and make the decision that would be the best fit for Auburn (meaning, we might stick with the Spread, go with the Wishbone or anywhere in between on Offense and we might run the Tampa 2 or the 3-3-5 on Defense)...those statements alone caused more uncertainty of what Auburn will running on Offense and Defense for the years to come and uncertainty is like poison to a kid, when they're deciding where they want to go to College.  That's why the hiring of coordinators is more important than recruiting, unless the coach comes out and states what they're going to run...which Coach Chizik didn't do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2012, 12:27:37 PM »
Now don't you go "raping" people over the coals thinking you are the smartest bulb in the knife drawer.

Geez man, why don't you make like a tree and get out of here before I make a conceited effort to reply.

Stan White hack your account?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2012, 01:38:33 PM »

He wears Stan Whites underwear.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2012, 02:08:08 PM »
Hey now. That guy could run 78 Stay-Z takeoff with the best of em. Just not as good as Nix.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE