Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dissappointed

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: Dissappointed
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2012, 01:07:28 PM »
1.  That statement is terribly wrong.  Recruits 100% care about who the coordinator is/was and sometimes make their decision based soley on that.

Fine.  You currently have no DC or OC.  How about we place some of the recruiting blame on that then, instead of pointing at the media and acting like it is the sole reason for recruiting failures?

Additionally, recruits go to schools all the time and say, "I chose Auburn because they are hurting on defense and I can play right away."

For every recruit that says that, there are probably five more that want to go to a better team where they think they'll get more media attention and a better chance at national success.  Otherwise, if every recruit had that opinion, then we'd see five stars flocking to Nevada.

2.  Of course its a selling point.   "Hi recruit, you know that shitty defense we had last year, well, It's going to be awesome next year.  We fired Roof, our DC who was the problem.  We are going to hire a new spectacular DC that will make Auburn a defensive powerhouse."  New = better = fresh start =high hopes, generally how it works in a game like College Football.

But it's a difficult selling point.  It's not a guaranteed positive in every recruit's mind.  You can insure them about how shitty Roof was all you want, but ultimately you're asking them to step into an unknown situation.  Who's going to be developing me defensively (aside from position-specific coaches) at this school?  I don't know.  Who's going to be developing me offensively (aside from position-specific coaches)?  I don't know.

3.  No, you didn't. The ONLY thing you said in your first post regarding the defensive talent was, "and try your best to explain to everyone that you've got talent and that the defense will be better once a new DC is in."  That statement insinuates that we don't have talent, no matter what you say after the fact.

Yes, taken out of context that statement reads that way.  But read the rest:

Blame the shitty defense on Roof, and try your best to explain to everyone that you've got talent and that the defense will be better once a new DC is in, but from non-Auburn fans across the nation who could give a shit who your DC is and what he's doing, the defense looked poor, ending the regular season at 78th in the nation for overall defense, and 99th in the nation for run defense.

My point was that you can try to explain why things were shitty to non-Auburn fans, but overall they still see a shitty result.  Will they believe your explanations?  Will they want to buy into a team that didn't perform well, but who now promises that they will do better?  Who knows, but it's definitely hurtful to the recruiting process.  And now there's no DC, so how things are going to move forward from this lackluster season is unknown.

Again, I'm not saying that the media had no effect on recruiting.  And I'm not even saying that the results of this past season is the reason why recruiting is not going as well as you guys had hoped.  All I'm saying is that you have to admit that the season was bad in many ways, and that this does have an effect on recruits; the blame shouldn't be solely given to the media as if Auburn did everything right this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Vandy Vol

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2012, 01:09:52 PM »
I'm sorry, did I pass out drunk and wake up on Feb 2?  Your entire line of shit in this thread is full of dumbass.

I'm simply responding to those who are grumbling about how recruiting is not going as they expected, and that it's due to the media.

If you think it's a dumbass position to criticize recruiting before it's completed, then take it up with the people complaining about how shitty recruiting is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2012, 01:18:37 PM »
I think recruiting is going exactly as expected with the exception of TJ Yeldon being a back stabbing pathetic prick.  Other than that, I expect a top 5 class before it's all said and done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2012, 01:26:50 PM »
I think recruiting is going exactly as expected with the exception of TJ Yeldon being a back stabbing pathetic prick.  Other than that, I expect a top 5 class before it's all said and done.

Yep...go to the crootin board and see the lists of player that are still uncommitted and have Auburn on their list with medium or high interest level.   I'm not the least bit worried.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2012, 01:46:31 PM »
Fine.  You currently have no DC or OC.  How about we place some of the recruiting blame on that then, instead of pointing at the media and acting like it is the sole reason for recruiting failures?

I blame Alabama for cheating.  In all seriousness though, we are recruiting well.

For every recruit that says that, there are probably five more that want to go to a better team where they think they'll get more media attention and a better chance at national success.  Otherwise, if every recruit had that opinion, then we'd see five stars flocking to Nevada.

Debatable, and unprovable.  I recall many more recruits saying, I want to go there and play early...instead of, I want to go to ________ and sit for two years.  Also, every year there are several four and five star recruits that go to smaller schools.  Last night, during the Under Armor game, one of the highest rated recruits chose East Carolina over USCe. 

But it's a difficult selling point.  It's not a guaranteed positive in every recruit's mind.  You can insure them about how shitty Roof was all you want, but ultimately you're asking them to step into an unknown situation.  Who's going to be developing me defensively (aside from position-specific coaches) at this school?  I don't know.  Who's going to be developing me offensively (aside from position-specific coaches)?  I don't know.

Not really.  If you are on the bottom, the only way you can move is up. Nothing is a guaranteed positive in any recruits mind.  Sometimes, a kid just wants to go where he wants to go, regardless. 

Yes, taken out of context that statement reads that way.  But read the rest:

My point was that you can try to explain why things were shitty to non-Auburn fans, but overall they still see a shitty result.  Will they believe your explanations?  Will they want to buy into a team that didn't perform well, but who now promises that they will do better?  Who knows, but it's definitely hurtful to the recruiting process.  And now there's no DC, so how things are going to move forward from this lackluster season is unknown.

As a recruiter, you've already lost if you walk in their with that attitude/mindset.  8 - 5 is not a shitty result.  It is mediocre, and with what was expected from Auburn this year, it exceeded most non-Auburn fans expectations.  Most recruits aren't Auburn fans.  You sell them on all the young players returning next year, immediate playing time, improvement, etc.

Again, I'm not saying that the media had no effect on recruiting.  And I'm not even saying that the results of this past season is the reason why recruiting is not going as well as you guys had hoped.  All I'm saying is that you have to admit that the season was bad in many ways, and that this does have an effect on recruits; the blame shouldn't be solely given to the media as if Auburn did everything right this year.
The State of Alabama has a huge Bammer bias. Not that it matters or is going to change.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2012, 01:47:11 PM »
1.  That statement is terribly wrong.  Recruits 100% care about who the coordinator is/was and sometimes make their decision based soley on that.  I can't tell you how many recruits said they wanted to come to Auburn because of Malzahn's offense.  I.e. Dyer, Reed, Newton, Blake (transferred from UF), etc... Same thing with defense/Chizik/Rocker/Roof.  I would say that is one of the three main things they consider.  A recruit that did not want to go to Auburn because Roof ran a terrible defense might reconsider. 
    Additionally, recruits go to schools all the time and say, "I chose Auburn because they are hurting on defense and I can play right away."  Happens every year.  If it didn't, how would teams get better?  For example, just off the top of my head, Enrique Florence from last years class.  Therefore, it doesn't "hurt Auburn in their (recruits) eyes. Period", it actually does quite the opposite in some cases. 

2.  Of course its a selling point.   "Hi recruit, you know that shitty defense we had last year, well, It's going to be awesome next year.  We fired Roof, our DC who was the problem.  We are going to hire a new spectacular DC that will make Auburn a defensive powerhouse."  New = better = fresh start =high hopes, generally how it works in a game like College Football. 

3.  No, you didn't. The ONLY thing you said in your first post regarding the defensive talent was, "and try your best to explain to everyone that you've got talent and that the defense will be better once a new DC is in."  That statement insinuates that we don't have talent, no matter what you say after the fact.

QUESTION:

Are you guys like literally an office away from each other?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2012, 01:48:51 PM »
QUESTION:

We are worlds apart.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2012, 01:53:29 PM »
QUESTION:

Yes, but they insist on bringing their bullshit to the X.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2012, 01:55:13 PM »
QUESTION:

I just emailed my partner in the next room and told him how dumb these two look.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2012, 02:03:58 PM »
I just emailed my partner in the next room and told him how dumb these two look.

Now, walk in there and ask him if he got your email.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Vandy Vol

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2012, 02:04:32 PM »
Debatable, and unprovable.  I recall many more recruits saying, I want to go there and play early...instead of, I want to go to ________ and sit for two years.

If every recruit's number one concern was going to a team who has done poorly where they will get to play early, then we wouldn't see five stars going to traditional powerhouses with media attention.  Instead, we'd see far more than just a handful of five stars going to shitty schools.

Don't get me wrong; I know that players often do go to teams where they can play immediately and help out.  But not every recruit is of that opinion.  And we can't definitively say that all of the recruits that Auburn is targeting should be flocking to Auburn because they need help on defense; recruits base their decisions on a variety of factors.

However, my main point is that if we're trying to figure out possible reasons as to why X, Y, or Z recruit decided not to go to Auburn, then you have to look at everything.  You can't point the entirety of the blame elsewhere by fingering the media when there were obviously faults with Auburn this season.

Not really.  If you are on the bottom, the only way you can move is up.

Sure, but this is not a selling point for every recruit.  If it were, then Florida Atlantic would have a better recruiting class than Auburn.

The reason why a recruit chooses or doesn't choose a school is multi-faceted.  You continue to point to specific reasons that may cause some recruits to consider Auburn.  All I keep pointing out is that a mediocre season (8-5) with less than mediocre statistical rankings (78th in defense, 104th in offense) is a (not the) reason that some (not all) recruits may not be choosing Auburn.  The absence of a DC and OC, and the uncertainty of who will be replacing them, are some reasons (not the reason) to consider when questioning why certain recruits didn't choose Auburn.  You can't place blame solely with the media when you look at this season's results; there are too many factors at play.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 02:08:35 PM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2012, 02:05:29 PM »
Now, walk in there and ask him if he got your email.

And get up out of this chair?  Besides, he replied quickly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2012, 02:05:56 PM »
QUESTION:

FYI, we also communicate via instant messenger, Facebook, MySpace, Match.com, and BlackSingles.com.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2012, 02:08:37 PM »
Yes, but they insist on bringing their bullshit to the X.
You love my bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2012, 02:10:13 PM »
FYI, we also communicate via instant messenger, Facebook, MySpace, Match.com, and BlackSingles.com.

So, that's not you on plentyoffish.com?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2012, 02:11:32 PM »
However, my main point is that if we're trying to figure out possible reasons as to why X, Y, or Z recruit decided not to go to Auburn, then you have to look at everything try and read their mind, or act like you can read their mind to know why, and take up bandwidth on an already stressed server posing mindless jibberish telling what you "know".

fixt
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2012, 02:12:06 PM »
So, that's not you on plentyoffish.com?

Shhh!  Stop giving all of my secrets away...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2012, 02:16:59 PM »
If every recruit's number one concern was going to a team who has done poorly where they will get to play early, then we wouldn't see five stars going to traditional powerhouses with media attention. Instead, we'd see far more than just a handful of five stars going to shitty schools.

Don't get me wrong; I know that players often do go to teams where they can play immediately and help out.  But not every recruit is of that opinion.  And we can't definitively say that all of the recruits that Auburn is targeting should be flocking to Auburn because they need help on defense; recruits base their decisions on a variety of factors.

I didn't say that.

However, my main point is that if we're trying to figure out possible reasons as to why X, Y, or Z recruit decided not to go to Auburn, then you have to look at everything.  You can't point the entirety of the blame elsewhere by fingering the media when there were obviously faults with Auburn this season.

Sure, but this is not a selling point for every recruit.  If it were, then Florida Atlantic would have a better recruiting class than Auburn.

The reason why a recruit chooses or doesn't choose a school is multi-faceted.  You continue to point to specific reasons that may cause some recruits to consider Auburn.  All I keep pointing out is that a mediocre season (8-5) with less than mediocre statistical rankings (78th in defense, 104th in offense) is a (not the) reason that some (not all) recruits may not be choosing Auburn.  The absence of a DC and OC, and the uncertainty of who will be replacing them, are some reasons (not the reason) to consider when questioning why certain recruits didn't choose Auburn.  You can't place blame solely with the media when you look at this season's results; there are too many factors at play.

I never placed blame elsewhere, I stated that your comment insinuating we have no talent on defense and us blaming Roof is...somehow...wrong, is incorrect.  It doesn't "hurt" us exponentially.

Apples and oranges. We are Auburn and not Florida Atlantic.  We are in the SEC.  We won a National Championship last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2012, 02:22:09 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2012, 02:33:11 PM »
VV,

If you're all up in croot's heads, tell me what makes a kid like this: http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Lucas-Thompson-123232;_ylt=AvvFREjmFPV0ojyLlp1KSLNDPZB4 with offers from Miami, USCe, WVU, Kentucky, Louisville, etc, choose the East Fucking Carolina Pirates?  I gots to know.   Saw this kid last night make this committment.  First thing I took from it was the kid was EXTREMELY stressed or nervous about declaring...when asked to give it, almost acted like he didn't want to, then hung his head, mumbled "oh shit" on national TV, and chose the butt  pirates.  I was like, how is ECU even in the conversation with USCe and Miami, which were his final 3?  Then I was like  :wtf:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions