Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Iron Bowl Week

JR4AU

Re: Thoughts - Iron Bowl Week
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2011, 01:46:39 PM »
IMO without a superb QB this offense is rendered dysfunctional. An offensive coordinator with no gameplan and showing indecision on the sidelines does nothing for the confidence of young players and it manifests itself on the field, most evident in the play of the QBs. I can accept youth and inexperience as our overall downfall this season but I do not expect drastic fundamental improvement for this team with a couple of firings. We have a shortfall of offensive line talent, an inordinate number of non-factors at wr, an overall undersized interior defensive line and LB's with little depth, and a stable of DB's that forgot how to effectively defend the pass. Teams have proven that you can survive on defense with three stellar players at the three levels and an offense can be transformed into a force with the right guy behind the center. It might only be a stop-gap measure but it is the quickest way to compete as a force in the SEC West until we achieve some size and maturity. And still, none of this addresses basic blocking and tackling.     

EVERY offense is dysfunctional with shitty a QB.  Nothing new under the sun.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2011, 01:48:31 PM »
You missed the Ga Southern game, then. Those bastards beat us on the outside so many times, it wasn't even funny. And it wasn't like the defense didn't know it was coming when they had been beaten over the head with it all game long.

If Nick had devoted the time to actually stopping the option with preparation they'd have stopped it.  Nick fucking HATES playing against it, and knew he'd win even if they got some yards. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2011, 01:49:10 PM »
Age, and experience matter and can't be coached.

Shouldn't be an excuse or a reason three years into a coach's tenure.  Sorry. 

It doesn't matter how well any of the rest of that team ages or improves.  Without a quarterback who can at least occasionally make a throw?  We're fucked like one of RWS' goats. 

We start next year with Trotsley under center?  Fucked. 
We start the year with a green-ass freshman under center?  Fucked.

Agree that we better find a juco kid or somebody who desperately wants to transfer.  Fuck, does Brent Schaeffer or Jeremiah Masoli have any eligibility left?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2011, 01:50:56 PM »

So what you meant to say was:
What I am saying is that Gus with Paul Smith, Case Keenum or Kellen Moore would most likely beat us.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2011, 01:55:30 PM »

It doesn't matter how well any of the rest of that team ages or improves.  Without a quarterback who can at least occasionally make a throw?  We're fucked like one of RWS' goats. 

We start next year with Trotsley under center?  Fucked. 
We start the year with a green-ass freshman under center?  Fucked.

Agree that we better find a juco kid or somebody who desperately wants to transfer.  Fuck, does Brent Schaeffer or Jeremiah Masoli have any eligibility left?

Yep, we have to find a QB, or the rest won't matter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2011, 01:57:04 PM »

So, you think you give Nick a 50 Fr. and Soph he wins it all? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2011, 01:57:37 PM »
If Nick had devoted the time to actually stopping the option with preparation they'd have stopped it.  Nick fucking HATES playing against it, and knew he'd win even if they got some yards.
You think he particularly likes playing against Gus' style (not that bullshit we saw yesterday; Gus' REAL offense)? You think they put 0 effort whatsoever into stopping Ga Southern? Especially with how bad LSU killed Alabama with that same option just a few weeks ago? You think he wasn't preparing for that shit at AU? Saban is too much of a dickhole to let some piddly team show him up again.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2011, 02:01:10 PM »
So, you think you give Nick a 50 Fr. and Soph he wins it all?
If they are 50 freshmen and sophomores of his choosing, I would imagine it would be a better showing than yesterday. Not saying Nick Saban is the BEST COACH OF THE BEST TEAM IN THE WOOOOORRRRLLLLLD, but all we have seen over the years is when one guy goes out the door, there is a serviceable at worst replacement right behind him. Might make a mistake here and there, blow a coverage now and then, but doesn't run around with his head up his ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2011, 02:01:30 PM »
You think he particularly likes playing against Gus' style (not that bullshit we saw yesterday; Gus' REAL offense)? You think they put 0 effort whatsoever into stopping Ga Southern? Especially with how bad LSU killed Alabama with that same option just a few weeks ago? You think he wasn't preparing for that shit at AU? Saban is too much of a dickhole to let some piddly team show him up again.   

Beat them 45-21.  I don't think he put much effort in to it because he knew the outcome.  And a major reason he didn't is because preparing for that makes you do things you don't normally do defensively.  In reality, he was simply trying not to fuck up the work that had been put in.  He does still have a game left to play, and yes, in the back of his mind, he was thinking "Gus/Auburn are going to hit us with all kinds of shit we haven't seen, and I don't want to be ill prepared".  Was he "scared"?  No, but it was a concern that Auburn might show up, play the game of their lives, and do it running reverses, and trick shit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2011, 05:15:25 PM »
This is a sheep that I find adorable:

The sheep in this thread really enjoyed the ass pounding RWS and his ilk gave you last night. 

Also to Yoda and JR and any other total moron that didn't read my post: Go back and read my post.  Did I not say Gus could easily get it back?  Did I not say that Gus is inventive and valuable when he has the right players? 

But you chose to ignore the criticism I gave him and instead sent shockwaves of ad hominem attacks.  Pathetic display from a few people in this thread.  Not surprising.  Most did migrate to here from AUNation. 

Sheep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2011, 05:17:47 PM »
JR I am a huge Gus supporter and don't want him to go, however last night was not a Gus offense. I don't know what the fuck that was. Don't give me this bamas defense bullshit when Georgia fucking Southern ran for 300 yards.  IMO a coach that is the highest paid coordinator in the nation should be able to exploit weaknesses. For us to have 40 yards total offense at halftime is pathetic.  We scored NO offensive points. This game could have easily been 42-0.

We don't even run fast paced anymore.

And don't get me started on wasted timeouts.

^^This times fifteen tens.^^ 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2011, 06:17:30 PM »

The sheep in this thread really enjoyed the ass pounding RWS and his ilk gave you last night. 

Also to Yoda and JR and any other total moron that didn't read my post: Go back and read my post.  Did I not say Gus could easily get it back?  Did I not say that Gus is inventive and valuable when he has the right players? 

But you chose to ignore the criticism I gave him and instead sent shockwaves of ad hominem attacks.  Pathetic display from a few people in this thread.  Not surprising.  Most did migrate to here from AUNation. 

Sheep.

I'm the moron, yet I never once called out your name or quoted your original post.  There are other people that have posted on this forum.  But the world revolves around you my bad, I was not trying to hurt your feelings.

Bottom line we suck ass this year, but don't give up hope we did play a lot of young players and with a few of the right recruits and another D coordinator things can change.  Most imortantly like everyone has stated a quarterback must be found.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2011, 06:53:55 PM »
I'm the moron, yet I never once called out your name or quoted your original post.  There are other people that have posted on this forum.  But the world revolves around you my bad, I was not trying to hurt your feelings.

Bottom line we suck ass this year, but don't give up hope we did play a lot of young players and with a few of the right recruits and another D coordinator things can change.  Most imortantly like everyone has stated a quarterback must be found.

You must have forgotten:

Wouldn't expect you to be able through the tears in your eyes.  You've been crying for 13 weeks now.  You're a typical arm chair quarterback that has never played the game in your life, but you know everything that's why your a coach, or that's why you can develop a better game plan from your living room.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2011, 07:59:12 PM »

Sheep.

Where did I attack you personally, or call you a moron?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2011, 08:11:35 PM »
Where did I attack you personally, or call you a moron?

You know what you said, JR!  And you cut me deep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2011, 08:19:20 PM »
You know what you said, JR!  And you cut me deep.

So, you admit it, I didn't call you a moron or personally attack you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2011, 08:22:34 PM »
So, you admit it, I didn't call you a moron or personally attack you?

You seriously going to go that route? 

I know it's not a personal attack in legal terms, but what the fuck else would you call it when a person writes off an argument (seemingly without reading it) by saying "Your point was stupid." 

And my comment was more directed towards Yoda who for some reason went apeshit and committed the unforgivable sin of comparing an Auburn fan (me or anyone else) to a bammer. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2011, 08:23:31 PM »
I want in person attacks only.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

JR4AU

« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2011, 08:41:23 PM »

I know it's not a personal attack in legal terms, but what the fuck else would you call it when a person writes off an argument (seemingly without reading it) by saying "Your point was stupid." 

And my comment was more directed towards Yoda who for some reason went apeshit and committed the unforgivable sin of comparing an Auburn fan (me or anyone else) to a bammer.

As long as you admit it.  :poke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2011, 08:56:25 PM »

I actually think he called El Guapo a Bammer, when in fact, El Guapo IS a bammer. 

Carry on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions