Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The End of an Era: Paterno is Finished

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: The End of an Era: Paterno is Finished
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2011, 07:32:58 PM »
Do you ever make substantive replies to points, or do you just make irrelevant allegations about non-existent circular statements and what people do with their lives?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Vandy Vol

« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2011, 07:34:46 PM »
Everything in the indictment is from 2002 and before I think.  Nine years ago.  That's a long time to pass for nothing to happen.

The incident with the very first victim in the indictment occurred in 2007.

Again, I ask...illiteracy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2011, 07:46:08 PM »
Do you ever make substantive replies to points, or do you just make irrelevant allegations about non-existent circular statements and what people do with their lives?

I typically do both at the same time. 

As for your second dealio, you're right.  This was a kid in Second Mile.  But it didn't blow up and wasn't public until a week or two ago.   Nine years elapsed between (again what we know, not what we assume) knowledge of bad acts.   

Are proposing that Penn State officials were aware of this situation in 2007?   Don't think anybody was.   It's definitely not specified in the indictment as to how they became aware of the situation or what they did during the years it seems it took to investigate.

I do find it somewhat odd that Second Mile events were held at PSU, but the indictment doesn't make clear what Sandusky's role in the Second Mile events at PSU was or if there even was one. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2011, 11:03:28 AM »
Still too soon?

And my favorite:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2011, 01:00:22 PM »
He stayed away from "shoot him in the face" mob mentality. 
I don't think anybody here is taking that stance. I don't think anybody thinks he should even be prosecuted or anything. The only consistant points I have seen are that Joe Pa most certainly deserved to be fired over this whole thing, and the students protesting on his behalf are morons. Most of the conversation was sparked off by you attempting to justify Joe Pa having a hand in covering this whole thing up because it happens every where, everyday, and by your stance that he told his supervisor, so that's where his responsibility ended, because he did "what he was supposed to do".

Joe Pa deserved to be fired. They didn't take this guy's keys to the locker room away for nothing. They didn't tell him to stop bringing young boys to the football facilities for nothing. They didn't force him to resign for nothing. The problem with telling a lie is, you have to keep telling more lies to keep the first lie going. That is exactly what happened here. They knew something was going on, and they decided they didn't want it to tarnish the program. They had to bury it, but at the same time, make sure it didn't happen again. When it came around to kick them in the ass again, well they couldn't let that get out, because everybody would know they covered it up the first time. And so on, and so on. And now we are where we are today. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Token

« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2011, 02:17:37 PM »
I don't think anybody here is taking that stance.

I am.  Sandusky along with anyone and everyone who knew what happened in 98 and didn't take the appropriate steps to have Sandusky criminally investigated when the same incident occurred again in 2002 should be lined up in the street and shot in the face at close range with a shotgun.  Mike McPussy should have to stand and watch every horrific execution just to get an idea of what is going to happen to his face when the slug hits it.   
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 03:01:49 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #127 on: November 12, 2011, 03:35:32 PM »
I am.  Sandusky along with anyone and everyone who knew what happened in 98 and didn't take the appropriate steps to have Sandusky criminally investigated when the same incident occurred again in 2002 should be lined up in the street and shot in the face at close range with a shotgun.  Mike McPussy should have to stand and watch every horrific execution just to get an idea of what is going to happen to his face when the slug hits it.

You never take a stand do you?  Always sitting on the fence.  You're a fence sitter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2011, 05:15:19 PM »
You never take a stand do you?  Always sitting on the fence.  You're a fence sitter.

He likes the feel of a post up his ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2011, 05:16:48 PM »
He likes the feel of a post up his ass.

Sandusky thinks 10 year old boys do too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #130 on: November 12, 2011, 09:29:30 PM »
Sandusky thinks 10 year old boys do too.

But, the more important question is why did he think that?

Because if we don't know why, then I can't judge Sandusky for shoving his erection in children's anuses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #131 on: November 12, 2011, 09:55:03 PM »
But, the more important question is why did he think that?

Because if we don't know why, then I can't judge Sandusky for shoving his erection in children's anuses.

Hmmm. 

Idiot you are. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #132 on: November 13, 2011, 06:20:01 PM »
Given the circumstances, I'm amazed that the Nitany Lions played as well as they did Saturday. In the end though, they came up a little behind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

noxin

« Reply #133 on: November 13, 2011, 10:57:32 PM »
Given the circumstances, I'm amazed that the Nitany Lions played as well as they did Saturday. In the end though, they came up a little behind.

Nebraska took advantage of the fact that no one at Penn State is taught to defend the skinny post.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #134 on: November 13, 2011, 10:58:35 PM »
Nebraska took advantage of the fact that no one at Penn State is taught to defend the skinny post.

Damn dude.  That is fucking full of awesome!!

:classic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2011, 12:59:59 AM »

came up a little behind...

Perhaps the best line ever.  Salute. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2011, 10:49:40 AM »
Wonder if Paterno gave anythought to the fact that Sandusky's home backed up to an elementary school playground.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2011, 10:53:55 AM »

Perfect...  Perhaps, they can also shutdown their school or kill all of their sports programs...  Pedifile State University has just earned a reputation that it will NEVER be able to shake.  But, I fear this goes much further.  From this weekend, we've learned that the judge who set his bail at only $100k, while the DA requested $500k, was also a volunteer at the child molester's charity.  And then, we heard from Pedifile State officials who expect that there will be many more witnesses along with many more victims.  Disgusting...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2011, 05:13:01 PM »
Heard  Heath Evans on Brando today. He said about what I said for most of this. 

Paraphrased :

Everybody talks all bad ass about how they'd confront the guy or go to the authorities. Bullshit. 

Statistics bear it out. 90% of the time when confronted with it in real life people do nothing.  They react out of fear over how they, their organization, their company, their family, their church will be perceived. Self preservation. 

Doesn' make it right, it's just what it is. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #139 on: November 14, 2011, 06:29:06 PM »
Heard  Heath Evans on Brando today. He said about what I said for most of this. 

Paraphrased :

Everybody talks all bad ass about how they'd confront the guy or go to the authorities. Bullshit. 

Statistics bear it out. 90% of the time when confronted with it in real life people do nothing.  They react out of fear over how they, their organization, their company, their family, their church will be perceived. Self preservation. 

Doesn' make it right, it's just what it is.

While I get that, and it's true from my experience, the difference here is a 6-5 28 year old man witnessed it happening live, and walked away.  He could have beat the shit out of Sandusky, saved the child, and they could have still covered it all up.  It's his reaction at that time that baffles me.  At the very least barge in and say "Hey coach, what's up, did you mean to have your penis in that kids bung hole or did he just slip and fall on it?" and put a stop to that incident. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions