Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Officially done with McDonalds...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Officially done with McDonalds...
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2011, 12:01:39 PM »
It was years before I tired a Hardees burger.   I was convinced by some co-workers to go their for lunch one day a few years back and was pleasantly surprised how good it was.   IMO, the best fastfood burger and on the same level as Back Yard.   Not 5 guys level, but 5 guys isn't really fast food.

Five Guys?  Seriously?  I've tried it a couple of times and was not impressed one bit.  Terrible burger.  Garbage on a bun. 

Best burgers ever:

1. Hawaiian Burger at Niffers in Auburn.  Awesome, awesome concoction.
2. Eastern Shore Burger at Panini Pete's in Fairhope.  Onion confit and herbed goat cheese. Damn fine.
3. Whiskey River BBQ Burger at Red Robin.   
4. Mushroom Swiss Burger at Old 27 Grill in Daphne/Fairhope. 
5. Jesse James Sourdough Burger at Butch Cassidy's in Mobile

But better than all?  Patty Melt at Town Square Diner in Carrollton, AL.  Thick, heavily buttered and toasted bread. Grease, grease, grease, greasy cheese, greasy onions and a big side of tots.   Three arteries just shut down thinking about it, but it was worth it. 

Also good:
Regular Jack's Hamburger, the old 15-cent variety.

Hardee's Frisco Burger.  Great tasting fast food.

Goal Post hamburger at Goal Post in Anniston (is it still there?  The neon guy kicking the neon football is one of my favorite childhood images)

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2011, 12:07:22 PM »
Im a bit of a fast food snob. I dont go to the "scum of the ghetto working behind the counter and doesnt give 2 shits about the customer" type of place USUALLY. This is why I like Chick Fil A. Everytime Ive been they bend over backwards (go ahead make a joke here) and are almost too polite. Its like a training school for mormons or something, as if the Osmonds all work there. I laugh about that, but the customer service is grade A. Subway is good most of the time due to their assembly line nature but Ive had a few bad experiences there, but its the exception not the rule.

Im with K, Fuck McD's and the ghetto employees that dont even have an IQ of 43. BK, Wendys, Krystal and KFC arent far behind them. Every other time I go to KFC to get some original recipe, they are out and it will be 20 mins for a new batch... You are out???? of Chicken????? Ive literally stormed out of there on many occasions.

Anyone ever been to Los Pollos Hermanos? I hear the chicken is top shelf.

What you did there.  I see it.  That was bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2011, 01:23:55 PM »
One note on a relatively obscure eatery.  In Destin at Destin Commons, they had a "Dave's Dog" in the middle courtyard area.  Free standing kiosk place with a grill. Big ass beefy sausage dogs on buttered Texas Toast type buns. An absolute must for mini-snags every trip.  Place closed down. Gone, kaput.  We stood there in the courtyard for about an hour in disbelief. 

Don't recall if Wes was a fan of teh Dave's, having worked in that complex, but he can testify as to it popularity.  At least with mini-snags.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 01:25:10 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2011, 01:27:40 PM »
The best 2 Burgers I have ever had were at Spinnaker in Panama City and Fudruckers in Columbus. I know the latter is a chain. We also have a 5 guys, Red Robin and Backyard (although it just closed) nearby and I thought Fudruckers was way better. The way they let you do your condiments is the shizzle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2011, 01:41:33 PM »
The best 2 Burgers I have ever had were at Spinnaker in Panama City and Fudruckers in Columbus. I know the latter is a chain. We also have a 5 guys, Red Robin and Backyard (although it just closed) nearby and I thought Fudruckers was way better. The way they let you do your condiments is the shizzle.

I can't even recall what the 5 Guys burger tastes like.  All I remember is the 8 pounds of fries they stuffed in the bag.  Hellz to the yes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2011, 01:56:23 PM »
I can't even recall what the 5 Guys burger tastes like.  All I remember is the 8 pounds of fries they stuffed in the bag.  Hellz to the yes.
My wife and I hit one up on the way home from our 1st anniversary in Panama City Beach a few years back. I had always heard good things about 5 Guys, but we were both underwhelmed really. The fries were decent, but the burgers weren't anything special at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2011, 05:19:39 PM »
My wife and I hit one up on the way home from our 1st anniversary in Panama City Beach a few years back. I had always heard good things about 5 Guys, but we were both underwhelmed really. The fries were decent, but the burgers weren't anything special at all.

Roll Damn Taaahhhhd. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2011, 07:39:36 PM »
I didn't notice a MNC banner in there.  I think I would have noticed it, but I could have overlooked it because of the Bammer shit. You are spot on with the Regular Jack's Hamburgers they are the bomb.  I noticed the Chee Burger Chee Burger closed in Mobile.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2011, 07:07:35 AM »
I had a similar incident with a Waffle House last month. 3 of us called in a to-go order while at work. Mine was blah blah blah
I bet they got the real cops' orders right
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2011, 12:56:09 PM »
Roll Damn Taaahhhhd.

ROFLMAOPTERSHITFUCKINGFUNNNY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2011, 02:28:15 PM »
Goal Post hamburger at Goal Post in Anniston (is it still there?  The neon guy kicking the neon football is one of my favorite childhood images)

The Goal Post is still around in Anniston. My Pops lives in Anniston now, the neon sign is still kicking as of my last visit in September.

I always had BBQ there as a kid. The thing I remember most is the buttered, toasted hamburger buns they serve alongside the bbq plate. Simple yet tasty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2011, 04:11:59 PM »
Roll Damn Taaahhhhd.
I know, you wouldn't pay less than $100 for a cheeseburger. Note the "on the way home from" part of that sentence. Stayed in a condo for 3 days.

BTW, Firefly in PCB is pretty damn awesome food.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 04:17:34 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2011, 11:59:05 PM »
I know, you wouldn't pay less than $100 for a cheeseburger. Note the "on the way home from" part of that sentence. Stayed in a condo for 3 days.

BTW, Firefly in PCB is pretty damn awesome food.

Panama City. 
Three day condo. 
Rawl damm TAHD.

You do it to yourself, goat humping fuck. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2011, 07:20:28 AM »
They've got the best fast food fries.

IF they're fully cooked!  Usually they think you're in such a hurry you want soggy, greasy assed potato sticks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2011, 07:28:30 AM »
Five Guys?  Seriously?  I've tried it a couple of times and was not impressed one bit.  Terrible burger.  Garbage on a bun. 

Best burgers ever:

1. Hawaiian Burger at Niffers in Auburn.  Awesome, awesome concoction.
2. Eastern Shore Burger at Panini Pete's in Fairhope.  Onion confit and herbed goat cheese. Damn fine.
3. Whiskey River BBQ Burger at Red Robin.   
4. Mushroom Swiss Burger at Old 27 Grill in Daphne/Fairhope. 
5. Jesse James Sourdough Burger at Butch Cassidy's in Mobile

But better than all?  Patty Melt at Town Square Diner in Carrollton, AL.  Thick, heavily buttered and toasted bread. Grease, grease, grease, greasy cheese, greasy onions and a big side of tots.   Three arteries just shut down thinking about it, but it was worth it. 

Also good:
Regular Jack's Hamburger, the old 15-cent variety.

Hardee's Frisco Burger.  Great tasting fast food.

5 Guys is good, just way too damned expensive for what you get. 

Best burger: Green Valley Drugs, Hoover, AL.  R&J's in Marion, AL. 

Another good one: Baha Burger (Now Riff Burer) in Hoover near 5 Guys.  Great Onion Rings too. 

Best real fast food: Whataburger.  Cooked to order every time.  They don't pull up an order of fries early because they think you're in a hurry.  Hot and Crisp EVERY MOTHER FUCKING TIME.  Do you have to wait 3 minutes?  Yes, but well worth it.  Overall, the food is fast food quality, but of the highest fast food quality there is, and consistent.   Every other place is hit and miss, and you run the risk of being pissed off by completely disinterested employees there to get a check and that consider customers an inconvenience.   

Exception: Chic-fil-a.  If it's what you want, it's right.  Waffle fries suck, but oh well.  They missed badly on the spicy chicken ( was hoping for better, Wendy's hit a bullseye).  But if you want a decent chicken sandwich served quickly, it's good.  Look behind the counter at most and you'll discover why.   
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 07:34:43 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2011, 07:42:37 AM »
By the way...

McDonalds are all about management.  There are a few here and there that deliver "McDonald's" consistently with decent service.   In the small town I work in, if I want variety, and am too lazy to bring  my lunch, McDonalds is something I eat at least once a week.  I have to be honest and say they get it right 90% of the time, or better.  Their fuck ups are largely insignificant, few and far between.   And this McDonald's is manned by the dumbest of the dumb for the most part. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2011, 11:15:45 AM »
Roll Damn Taaahhhhd.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   That was too perfect.  Tee + Ball + Bat = what just happened there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2011, 01:08:47 PM »
We have a place called Smashburger - I know there are others here in Houston, but not sure if they are in other states as well.  That is a DAMN good burger and they have five different kind of fries - sweet potato and four different seasoned regular fries. Kind of expensive but it's actually worth it.  Their chicken sandwich is supposed to be awesome too.

Chik Fil A is so good because they generally hired college bound students.  They can earn money for college if they work enough hours and make good grades. Lots of scholarship money too.  Makes a huge difference. Lots of turnover in employees but worth it for the outstanding customer service and giving back to the community. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2011, 03:28:54 PM »
I see these poping up-Heart attack grill-Pretty damn good burger and fries. A lot of large folks were in there the one time I tried it. The owner or someone who started it just died from a heart attack.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2011, 04:55:40 PM »
Regarding previous.  My daughter has a peanut allergy so when we first found out we asked at all the food joints we stopped at if they used peanut oil.  One old lady at some Mom and Pop place told us "Lawwd no, honey!  We use laawwd."  She really pronounced Lord and Lard the same.  I wasn't sure at first if she might have been cooking in the blood of Christ or rendered pig fat but it was the best fried chicken and catfish I had had in a long time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.