Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Officially done with McDonalds...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Officially done with McDonalds...
« on: November 03, 2011, 03:41:57 PM »
Forget the health issues.  Indifferent and incompetent service has finally cracked my McD's egg. 

In a major hurry and it's pouring rain today so I figured I'd slide through the drive through and make it quick.

As always seems to be the case with me, the car that cuts in front of me is also headed to the drive through.  That happens nine times out of ten lately. I'm behind a car nine miles from the nearest drive through and the son of a bitch will go right in ahead of me every time. 

Simple order.  Double cheese (hold the cheese) combo with a sweet tea.  Pull up and pay.  The car in front of me then proceeds to sit at the window for 7 minutes and 43 seconds.  It was actually longer than that because I didn't pull out the stopwatch and start timing until the wait seemed inordinately long.

They finally pull off and I'm aggravated having sat for about ten minutes so far as rain roars around me.

First attempt:  I get two fish sandwiches and a sprite.  When I inform the gold-toothed cashier that this is not what I ordered, her response was to squint at some screen above her head and reply "yuh huh it eeeyuus."   So I patiently explain what it was that I ordered, she squints again, tells me to hold on and shuts the window.  A while later she reappears and says "you gon' havva pull up."

I pull up.

Second attempt (stopwatch running, it comes more than six minutes after the initial effort):  I get a Big Mac, fries and a coke.  Unaware of the Big Mac, I begin to pull off figuring I can take the coke and just get the hell away from this clusterfuck.  For the record?  I HATE Big Macs.  If I wanted salad dressing and lettuce, I'd order a salad.  Open the bag.  FUCK.  It's a Big Mac.  I'm not eating that shit.  It's also pouring rain and I'm not getting out.  So I go back to the drivethrough, skip the order box and cut in front at the window.

I'm no longer patient.  I tell them I don't want the Big Mac, I want my double cheese and I'll even take the fucking cheese at this point.  She tells me "you gon' havva pull up." 

I'm not fucking pulling up. 

So I tell her to fuck off.  Take the coke and give me the GODDAM sweet tea I ordered and as far as I'm concerned they can stick whatever assorted sandwich and fries they're going to hand me this time up their fucking ASS.

They outta sweet tea.  So pull up.  Window closed.

I wasted the coke on the drive through window, threw the big mac at the front door.  Ate the fries.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Officially done with McDonalds...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 03:44:23 PM »
Good for you. 
Almost as much fun as I had at the Burger King drive thru when the person told me they were out of burgers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 03:47:15 PM »
They've got the best fast food fries.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 03:58:04 PM »
They've got the best fast food fries.

Speaking of fast food fries, what in the hell was Wendy's thinking?  Not a fan of their "New" fries. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 04:07:06 PM »
I'm pretty big on hurling food back through drive through windows.  Particularly when it comes to tomatoes.

Hardees in Demopolis.  Told her THREE times I didn't want a tomato on my sandwich.  I knew the mommy part wasn't paying attention.  Tomatoes.  Drove back around and flung it through the window.

Hardees in Tuscaloosa.  Threw tomatoes on the cash register in the store. 

Willy T's in Tuscaloosa.  Used a knife to stab a tomato to the wall of the restaurant.  Sent it back once because of tomatoes.  It came back with them again.

Sonic in Columbus MS: Poured milkshake all over the order screen after several botched attempts at getting what I wanted and a rude ass waitress cut up about it.

There are more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 04:16:45 PM »
I'm pretty big on hurling food back through drive through windows.  Particularly when it comes to tomatoes.

Hardees in Demopolis.  Told her THREE times I didn't want a tomato on my sandwich.  I knew the mommy parts wasn't paying attention.  Tomatoes.  Drove back around and flung it through the window.

Hardees in Tuscaloosa.  Threw tomatoes on the cash register in the store. 

Willy T's in Tuscaloosa.  Used a knife to stab a tomato to the wall of the restaurant.  Sent it back once because of tomatoes.  It came back with them again.

Sonic in Columbus MS: Poured milkshake all over the order screen after several botched attempts at getting what I wanted and a rude ass waitress cut up about it.

There are more.

Really hope you are wearing an Alabama hat while acting like an 8 year old who didn't get his way.  It's a tomato, take it off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 04:36:18 PM »
Semi-related: Don't let your curiosity and the hype of the elusive McRib get the best of you. It's barely edible. I assumed as much, but the "try anything once" in me made the poor decision to order one.

Spicy McChicken as a backup FTW.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 04:43:37 PM »
Not a huge fast food eater.  Mostly by choice trying to keep the weight under 417.  But, I'm also not a big variety kind of guy.  I like what I like in just about every restaurant, fast food or not and I rarely say, "I think I'll try..."

Mickey D's:  Quarter Pounder w/cheese and large fries

Wendy's: Double w/cheese, mayo, ketchup mustard

Burger King:  I don't eat there.  That King guy freaks me out.

Speaking of fries, I don't eat at Captain D's much but when I do, for some reason their fries are just brilliant,
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 04:45:06 PM »
Really hope you are wearing an Alabama hat while acting like an 8 year old who didn't get his way.  It's a tomato, take it off.

Wrong answer.  I would hurl one at you as well. 

I don't want the tomato on my sandwich P.E.R.I.O.D.   If I did, I would order it with one and then take it off.  I don't want the juice from the fucking thing leaked on my bread.  I don't want the shitty little seeds sticking to my burger.  I don't want the discoloration it leaves on my cheese.  I fucking hate tomatoes.  Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate tomatoes.   If one is on my plate I'm not eating anything on it.  The plate goes back.

Because I hate them so much and I realize that my complete and total revulsion could be misconstrued as merely a mild dislike and a willingness to remove the offending fucking thing on my own, I am EXTREMELY specific when I order.  I repeat it several times to make sure they got it. 

"Ok, that's a Hardee chicken sandwich, fries and a tea?"
Yes, but I do not want tomatoes on the sandwich.
"Ok. A fry chicken sandwich combo?"
Yes, but no tomato please, can you repeat that back to me?
"Fry chicken sandswich combo."
Right. No tomato.
"No tomato"

If the sandwich has a tomato on it, I'm not going to be amused in the least. 

And I'm not taking the fucking thing off.  The sandwich is completely and utterly ruined if the motherfucking thing has ever thought about being on it. 

I reserve my hurling for those who need it.  For those who combine shitty service with an indifferent attitude and a smart mouth. 

The Willy T's incident?  Fucking hog ass bitch said the same thing you did.  I sent it back because I didn't want the fucking tomato.  It came back with the tomato on there again.  She made the mistake of saying "well, you can just take it off if it bothers you THAT much." 

Fuck her.  She can take it off the shit-bleeding wall. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 04:45:13 PM »
Semi-related: Don't let your curiosity and the hype of the elusive McRib get the best of you. It's barely edible. I assumed as much, but the "try anything once" in me made the poor decision to order one.

Spicy McChicken as a backup FTW.
The McRib was way better 10 years ago. That's really where it got the reputation of being a good sandwich.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 04:54:20 PM »
I had a similar incident with a Waffle House last month. 3 of us called in a to-go order while at work. Mine was a Texas patty melt plate with hashbrowns covered and chunked. A co-worker picked it up. Mine turned out to be a regular hamburger, on a hamburger bun, with burned hashbrowns and nothing on them. I call down there to let them know what's up (Politely, mind you. I don't believe in acting like a child over fast food.) and I get a "Well, I will let the cook know. Sorry. *click*"

Calling back to ask them to cook my shit right serves no purpose at this point, because now they know it is for the police department since somebody came and picked it up already. They're just going to spit in it and drop it on the floor. I politely complained on their website instead. The manager of the region called me back about a week later and profusely apologized, and promptly sent a $10 off coupon in the mail. I love Waffle House, so that will come in handy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 04:56:28 PM »
Double baco cheeseburger. It's for a cop.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 05:05:33 PM »
Awful House used to be my pregame meal growing up.  Whether it was football, baseball, basketball...hell, I was even into tennis for several years and entered some local tournaments...it had to be "steak", eggs and hashbrowns.  Put a couple of pieces of toast on there dripping in butter and half a bottle of ketchup......I think I was 10-1 with that meal.  They were out of "steak" one day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 05:06:35 PM »
So apparently no one else ITT has a problem with Wendy's new fries?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 05:09:27 PM »
Wrong answer.  I would hurl one at you as well. 

I don't want the tomato on my sandwich P.E.R.I.O.D.   If I did, I would order it with one and then take it off.  I don't want the juice from the fudgeing thing leaked on my bread.  I don't want the shitakety little seeds sticking to my burger.  I don't want the discoloration it leaves on my cheese.  I fudgeing hate tomatoes.  Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate tomatoes.   If one is on my plate I'm not eating anything on it.  The plate goes back.

Because I hate them so much and I realize that my complete and total revulsion could be misconstrued as merely a mild dislike and a willingness to remove the offending fudgeing thing on my own, I am EXTREMELY specific when I order.  I repeat it several times to make sure they got it. 

"Ok, that's a Hardee chicken sandwich, fries and a tea?"
Yes, but I do not want tomatoes on the sandwich.
"Ok. A fry chicken sandwich combo?"
Yes, but no tomato please, can you repeat that back to me?
"Fry chicken sandswich combo."
Right. No tomato.
"No tomato"

If the sandwich has a tomato on it, I'm not going to be amused in the least. 

And I'm not taking the fudgeing thing off.  The sandwich is completely and utterly ruined if the motherfudgeing thing has ever thought about being on it. 

I reserve my hurling for those who need it.  For those who combine shitakety service with an indifferent attitude and a smart mouth. 

The Willy T's incident?  fudgeing hog ass bitch said the same thing you did.  I sent it back because I didn't want the fudgeing tomato.  It came back with the tomato on there again.  She made the mistake of saying "well, you can just take it off if it bothers you THAT much." 

fudge her.  She can take it off the shitake-bleeding wall.

Yeah but the minimum wage jockey behind the counter doesn't care about the tomato on the wall.  That's relatively easy to clean up and they're not buying the tomatoes.  But the people who make the food are usually also cleaning the bathrooms.  So what you do is go take a dump in the floor and stick the tomato on top.  If you really want to make your point you can try writing "No Tomatoes" with your own excrement, just remember to use hand sanitizer before you leave.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 05:12:54 PM »

I can't recall ordering any since they changed them.  I never was a huge fan of their fries anyway.  When they were first cranking up, they had the big, thick cut fries.  They did get much better over the years as long as they were salty. 

Speaking of salty fries. You can't properly salt the spuds AFTER you get to the table.  Appropriate fry saltage must be done as soon as it leaves the 2 week old grease, so that it will stick to them and become one with the potato.  It's just too late if you have to go back up to the condiment counter and grab a few packs. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 05:13:44 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 05:13:34 PM »

Don't eat Wendy's.  I stick to fast food places that have other acceptable options besides burgers (largely for the reason that K quit on McD's; too many things can go wrong with a burger).  I tend to stick to Chick-fil-a, Arby's, Jack's, Zaxby's, Subway, etc.  Chick-fil-a being best in terms of food+service.  Last time we went for lunch from work the place was packed, still got my food out fresh, hot, and correct and the manager offered to throw my trash away for me so I wouldn't have to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 05:18:53 PM »
Yeah but the minimum wage jockey behind the counter doesn't care about the tomato on the wall.  That's relatively easy to clean up and they're not buying the tomatoes.  But the people who make the food are usually also cleaning the bathrooms.  So what you do is go take a dump in the floor and stick the tomato on top.  If you really want to make your point you can try writing "No Tomatoes" with your own excrement, just remember to use hand sanitizer before you leave.

When the dillhole behind the counter is paying for my food then they can have a say in how its prepared and if I should peel off the tomato. Until then get it right or piss off.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 05:19:56 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 05:21:28 PM »
Don't eat Wendy's.  I stick to fast food places that have other acceptable options besides burgers (largely for the reason that K quit on McD's; too many things can go wrong with a burger).  I tend to stick to Chick-fil-a, Arby's, Jack's, Zaxby's, Subway, etc.  Chick-fil-a being best in terms of food+service.  Last time we went for lunch from work the place was packed, still got my food out fresh, hot, and correct and the manager offered to throw my trash away for me so I wouldn't have to.

Double Baconator or a Double stack with cheese are the only acceptable foods they have.  Spicy chicken sandwich is pure shit compared to a Chick-fil-a Spicy Chicken Sandwich with a slice of pepperjack and Chick-fil-a sauce.   <3

Oh, no doubt.  Chick-fil-a is God Tier fast food.  We quit going to the Arby's on University.  It's sad when you have to tell the cashier which button is the pic of the "Big Montana".   I miss Back Yard Burger.   5 Guys is my go to spot for a burger now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 05:26:08 PM »
Shittng in the floor requires planning and prep.

The hurling of food is an immediate hulkian response.  It's the inner asshole exploding through the serene veneer.

I've tried it both ways.  I've done the complaint gig.  Feel like a wussy douche taking that route. 

If I contact a manager it's usually because I got GOOD service.  They don't hear much of that.  They only hear from whining bitch pussies like the goat fucking skeeze.

Don't ask much.  Competent service and a little effort.  I tolerate "takeyaohdah" and food thrust out the window without a word of acknowledgement.  I tolerate mistakes if they make even a half ass effort at fixing it. 

Combine a fucked up order with hostile behavior?  I'm going to do something unfortunate. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions