Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Officially done with McDonalds...

Re: Officially done with McDonalds...
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 05:30:18 PM »
Double Baconator or a Double stack with cheese are the only acceptable foods they have.  Spicy chicken sandwich is pure shitake compared to a Chick-fil-a Spicy Chicken Sandwich with a slice of pepperjack and Chick-fil-a sauce.   <3

Oh, no doubt.  Chick-fil-a is God Tier fast food.  We quit going to the Arby's on University.  It's sad when you have to tell the cashier which button is the pic of the "Big Montana".   I miss Back Yard Burger.   5 Guys is my go to spot for a burger now.

I don't count 5 Guys as fast food, it's too good for that.  The one on University is the best beef I have ever seen an entire kitchen full of Mexicans being managed by Hindus make. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 05:39:50 PM »
Bon Qui Qui says Heeeyyy...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2011, 05:47:07 PM »
I don't count 5 Guys as fast food, it's too good for that.  The one on University is the best beef I have ever seen an entire kitchen full of Mexicans being managed by Hindus make.

I don't count it as fast food, but I don't put it in the same category as Cheeburger Cheeburger or Red Robin either.  It's really a tweener.  I miss Cheeburger in Providence.  Damn the reality company and the high rent.  Now I have to drive all the way out to Whitesburg.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Token

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 06:04:48 PM »
Good rule to live by.....don't eat anything cooked by minimum wage workers that isn't prepared in front of you. 

But if you have to, you better just take off what you didn't want or just get your money back.  If you take it back and complain about it not being right, you're going to get a dickslap burger in return.  It may not have a tomato, but you can damn sure bet it'll have a mushroom stamp. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 06:55:58 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 06:24:50 PM »
McDonalds makes me hurl too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 06:32:51 PM »
Good rule to live by.....don't eat anything cooked by minimum wage workers that isn't prepared in front of you. 

But if you have to, you're better just take off what you didn't want or just get your money back.  If you take it back and complain about it not being right, you're going to get a dickslap burger in return.  It may not have a tomato, but you can damn sure bet it'll have a mushroom stamp.

That is cop treatment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Token

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2011, 06:55:27 PM »
That is cop treatment.

Cop = white man

No difference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 08:36:47 PM »
I miss Back Yard Burger.
This x 1 hojillion.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 09:50:18 PM »
This x 1 hojillion.

They had one in Athens, Madison and Huntsville for a while.  I went there at least once a week.  Now the closest one is in Cullman. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 10:17:12 PM »
They had one in Athens, Madison and Huntsville for a while.  I went there at least once a week.  Now the closest one is in Cullman.
I don't even know where one is near here. The one in Foley closed years ago, and the one in Pensacola is now closed as well. The closest ones now are in Fort Walton Beach and Biloxi.

Their burgers are awesome. $3-4 more expensive than BK or McD's, but you knew where that extra money went when you ate it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2011, 10:17:51 PM »
I've learned to go inside to make an order. I admit I talk with a Southern Drawl and it isn't comprehended by most people especially those that work at fast food restaurants.   Chic Fil A is the bomb as far as FF goes.  I try and hit a Jacks when I am in North Alabama, they don't exist in this part of the state.  I do like Wendy's new fries, it is probably my 2nd favorite behind MCd's.  If I am in a fast food pinch I usually go through the Steak N Shake Drive thru it is cheaper than MD and it is 3x better.  Side note I went to Momma G's on Airport in Mobile this weekend and 2 employees were wearing Bama shit and they had bama shit hanging on the wall.  Only Auburn stuff was a schedule poster.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2011, 10:48:45 PM »
I've learned to go inside to make an order. I admit I talk with a Southern Drawl and it isn't comprehended by most people especially those that work at fast food restaurants.   Chic Fil A is the bomb as far as FF goes.  I try and hit a Jacks when I am in North Alabama, they don't exist in this part of the state.  I do like Wendy's new fries, it is probably my 2nd favorite behind MCd's.  If I am in a fast food pinch I usually go through the Steak N Shake Drive thru it is cheaper than MD and it is 3x better.  Side note I went to Momma G's on Airport in Mobile this weekend and 2 employees were wearing Bama shit and they had bama shit hanging on the wall.  Only Auburn stuff was a schedule poster.

They used to have an AU national championship banner.  Did they take it down?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

chinook

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2011, 12:19:50 AM »
a day of fast food...i'll try to keep it to national chains.

breakfast...

mcskillet buritto
hash brown (jack in the box)
fruit and yogurt parfait
mcdonald's iced coffee (regular)

mid morning snack...

starbuck's iced mocha (no whip)
vanilla bean scone

lunch...

chick-fil-a sandwich (original)
sonic chicago style hot dog
mcdonald's fries
coca-cola (extra ice) from sonic
frosty

afternoon snack ...

dq chicken strips w/ mcdonald's sweet and sour dip
lime mister misty

dinner ...

carl's jr. 6 dollar guacamole burger
chick-fil-a waffle fries
cherry coke
heath bar blizzard

late night snack...

krystals
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2011, 09:26:08 AM »
Im a bit of a fast food snob. I dont go to the "scum of the ghetto working behind the counter and doesnt give 2 shits about the customer" type of place USUALLY. This is why I like Chick Fil A. Everytime Ive been they bend over backwards (go ahead make a joke here) and are almost too polite. Its like a training school for mormons or something, as if the Osmonds all work there. I laugh about that, but the customer service is grade A. Subway is good most of the time due to their assembly line nature but Ive had a few bad experiences there, but its the exception not the rule.

Im with K, Fuck McD's and the ghetto employees that dont even have an IQ of 43. BK, Wendys, Krystal and KFC arent far behind them. Every other time I go to KFC to get some original recipe, they are out and it will be 20 mins for a new batch... You are out???? of Chicken????? Ive literally stormed out of there on many occasions.

Anyone ever been to Los Pollos Hermanos? I hear the chicken is top shelf.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 09:27:42 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2011, 09:40:47 AM »
Im a bit of a fast food snob. I dont go to the "scum of the ghetto working behind the counter and doesnt give 2 shits about the customer" type of place USUALLY. This is why I like Chick Fil A. Everytime Ive been they bend over backwards (go ahead make a joke here) and are almost too polite. Its like a training school for mormons or something, as if the Osmonds all work there. I laugh about that, but the customer service is grade A. Subway is good most of the time due to their assembly line nature but Ive had a few bad experiences there, but its the exception not the rule.

Im with K, Fuck McD's and the ghetto employees that dont even have an IQ of 43. BK, Wendys, Krystal and KFC arent far behind them. Every other time I go to KFC to get some original recipe, they are out and it will be 20 mins for a new batch... You are out???? of Chicken????? Ive literally stormed out of there on many occasions.

Anyone ever been to Los Pollos Hermanos? I hear the chicken is top shelf.

I have to admit that the BK here in Huntsville that is located near Research Park on University is actually fast for how crowded it is, they get your order right 9 times out of 10 and they are friendly.  I just don't do BK all that much.   All this talk is making me want a Chik-fil-a Spicy Chicken though.  :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2011, 09:44:25 AM »
   All this talk is making me want a Chik-fil-a Spicy Chicken though.  :)

Sometimes I think we are related. I crave those things every day. I actually will add 2 packs of tabasco to it as well. After 10 mins, my whole head is sweating.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2011, 10:31:11 AM »
Subway is solid.  Hard to screw it up when you're standing right over the process going, "That...some of those...a few of those...wait, a little more of that...."

Hardees is one place that I grew up on as a kid.  There was one 2 blocks from the house and the "Big Twin" was a staple of my childhood diet. Helped me to become the morbidly obese dreg on society I am today.  However, they lost me a long time ago.  I've never been able to keep up with what's on the menu.  They add some thickburger, carb free, bowl of eggs something or other every few months.  Had some great commercials over the last couple of years, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2011, 10:37:56 AM »
Little Buzz is still infatuated with McDonalds, but I couldn't loathe a fast food restaurant any more if I tried.  There are only 2 things that I can tolerate from there...the regular hamburger with no onions and the caramel frappe. 
7 times out of 10  I will still get onions on the burger from the one closest to us, even though I say "no onions" at least 3 times while ordering.  The only thing their fries are good for is scraping onions from the soybean patty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2011, 10:47:21 AM »
Subway is solid.  Hard to screw it up when you're standing right over the process going, "That...some of those...a few of those...wait, a little more of that...."

Hardees is one place that I grew up on as a kid.  There was one 2 blocks from the house and the "Big Twin" was a staple of my childhood diet. Helped me to become the morbidly obese dreg on society I am today.  However, they lost me a long time ago.  I've never been able to keep up with what's on the menu.  They add some thickburger, carb free, bowl of eggs something or other every few months.  Had some great commercials over the last couple of years, though.

Man that Hardees across the street from the Green lantern branch of Union bank had the bomb of roast beef sandwiches. 
They fell out of favor with me as well but I have since gone back to them in the last 6 months.  Their burgers are damn good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2011, 11:23:37 AM »
They fell out of favor with me as well but I have since gone back to them in the last 6 months.  Their burgers are damn good.

It was years before I tired a Hardees burger.   I was convinced by some co-workers to go their for lunch one day a few years back and was pleasantly surprised how good it was.   IMO, the best fastfood burger and on the same level as Back Yard.   Not 5 guys level, but 5 guys isn't really fast food.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions