Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Moseley's `got a little bit of the gunslinger in him

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Moseley's `got a little bit of the gunslinger in him
« on: October 19, 2011, 08:10:40 AM »
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/10/auburn_qb_clint_moseleys_got_a.html

AUBURN, Alabama -- Auburn offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn says new starting quarterback Clint Moseley has a little edge to him.

"He has a knack to do things when things break down. He's got a little bit of the gunslinger in him," Malzahn said Tuesday, the day the Tigers named Moseley its starting quarterback for Saturday's game at LSU.

It'll be Moseley first start as he replaces Barrett Trotter, who started the first seven games of the season. It'll be Moseley's first start since winning three state championship 2A Leroy.

"He knows how to win. You always look for somebody who knows how to win," Malzahn said.

Malzahn said he won't simplify the offense for the otherwise little-used Moseley. This is the third year the redshirt sophomore has been in Malzahn's system.

Malzahn said Moseley received more snaps at practice Tuesday than the amount a normal quarterback would receive. The receivers stuck around after practice to catch extra passes from Moseley.

"He's got a heavy amount of the reps today, which he needed," Malzahn said.

Moseley won the job with his performance in the second half of Saturday's 17-6 win over Florida. Trotter didn't play in the second half.

As for Moseley, Malzahn said, "I think he's grown up a lot. If you ask him, I think he'd say that.
I'm real proud of where he came from. He's gotten more mature, even in this season."

Malzahn said Wildcat quarterback Kiehl Frazier "will continue to have a role."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Moseley's `got a little bit of the gunslinger in him
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 10:26:25 AM »
With all of that said, why the fuck did they start Trotter in the first place?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 10:28:04 AM »

No idea other than I had heard that they were neck and neck and Trotter had more time on campus.  Gonna be a hell of a trial by fire for him though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 10:36:44 AM »
No idea other than I had heard that they were neck and neck and Trotter had more time on campus.  Gonna be a hell of a trial by fire for him though.

I saw a clip of Mosley stating he believes his horrid scrimmage performance was the main reason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 10:37:47 AM »
I think (and this is merely a theory), they were neck and neck in practices and scrimmages, and Trotter got the edge due to Seniority.

However players, especially QBs do not always perform the same at practices & scrimmages as the do in real game situations. I believe (and hope) that Trotter is just one of those guys that can't handle actual gametime pressure, and performs much worse in actual games. Mosely, however, (again, I hope) handles this pressure much better. At least it appears that way from his few snaps he's taken.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 11:45:32 AM »

Are you that stupid?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 11:46:41 AM »
Are you that stupid?

Uh oh, trouble.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 11:46:50 AM »
Are you that stupid?

Enlighten us, oh wise one...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 12:19:44 PM »
Are you that stupid?

Apparently I am. 
Let's hear what's ya got Carnac.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 12:32:27 PM »

Apparently I am. 
Let's hear what's ya got Carnac.

Inka-Dinka-Dew

What do you get on your Inka-Dinka if you leave it out all night?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 12:34:41 PM »
I must be that stupid too since my post I started writing before Sani & djsimp posted theirs ended up being completely redundant of their two posts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 12:36:57 PM »
I must be that stupid too since my post I started writing before Sani & djsimp posted theirs ended up being completely redundant of their two posts.

Yeah, well you thought you could have three #15's on the same side of the ball.  What a maroon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 12:37:52 PM »
Inka-Dinka-Dew

What do you get on your Inka-Dinka if you leave it out all night?

Clean air, a virgin and a gas station open on Sunday.
 Name three things you won't find in Los Angeles?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 12:42:00 PM »
Clean air, a virgin and a gas station open on Sunday.
 Name three things you won't find in Los Angeles?

Old wive's tale

What do cannibals find hard to digest?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 12:43:30 PM »
Bunch of dumb motherfuckers. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 12:45:10 PM »
Bunch of dumb motherfuckers.

Oh, so you didn't think Trotter and Mosely were neck and neck?  Pffffft
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 12:46:39 PM »
Old wive's tale

What do cannibals find hard to digest?

"Breaking Away" and "Here's Boomer."
What are two bad names for a laxative?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 12:47:52 PM »

"Breaking Away" and "Here's Boomer."
What are two bad names for a laxative?

Skalliwag

What does your skalli do when it's happy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 12:49:03 PM »
Skalliwag

What does your skalli do when it's happy?

An unmarried woman.
What was Elizabeth Taylor between 3 and 5 pm on June 1, 1952?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 12:57:08 PM »
An unmarried woman.
What was Elizabeth Taylor between 3 and 5 pm on June 1, 1952?

Ben Gay

Why didn't Mrs. Franklin have any kids?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions