Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Avengers

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: The Avengers
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 09:21:24 AM »
Holy crap.....we're arguing over comic books and norse mythology.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 09:34:29 AM »
Holy crap.....we're arguing over comic books and norse mythology.

We're dealing with a lot of shit here!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2012, 09:36:45 AM »
Huge Marvel comic fan growing up.  I think both Iron Man and the first two Spideys were well done.  Not a Dopey McGuire fan but he was actually a good pick for what Peter Parker's character in the comic was.  Just a timid, nobody who kind of blends in with the crowd.  Would never suspect this guy to be a superhero.  I also loved how they stuck right by the story lines in the actual comics and didn't try to turn it into something it wasn't. 

Iron Man is just a well done superhero action flick.  And Downey Jr. is the titz.  Hulk?  Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.......  Didn't see Thor because every review I heard was suckage to the 1000th degree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2012, 09:41:55 AM »
We're dealing with a lot of shit here!

Serious bidness
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 12:41:10 PM »
Huge Marvel comic fan growing up.  I think both Iron Man and the first two Spideys were well done.

Agree totally with IM and the first two Spider-Man movies.  If they gave Academy Awards for bringing to life a comic book character, the guy that played J. Jonah Jameson would have had my vote.

I liked Captain America, but wasn't as impressed with Thor or IM2.

I still think they need to redo Daredevil.  That was my favorite Marvel comic growing up (and second to only Batman as my favorite super hero).

Anxious to see how the new Spidey flick will be this summer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 12:55:19 PM »
Things that are already fucked up. 

1) CGI Hulk.  It didn't work in two different movies.  Not going to work here.  Where the hell is Lou Ferrigno?

2) The bad guy comes from Thor.  Of all the bad guys in all the world he was the weakest.  Just a whining pussy with brother issues.  Sorry.  Give me Green Goblin.  Give me Dr. Doom.  This weasel biscuit?  No interest whatsoever in watching it. 

3) Did I mention CGI Hulk?  And the drizzly douche playing him? 

4) Thor.  That movie blew.  The actor in it blew.  The only reason anybody went to see it was to find out if Natalie Portman was going to show some leg/tit.  She didn't. The movie sucked.

5) CGI Hulk.  It's a fail on an epic scale. 

6) The entire Marvel movie line blows chunks with the exception of Iron Man 1.  IM2 wasn't great but it was okay.  The rest SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.  Cap'n America?  Sucked.  Both Hulks? Sucked. Thor? Yeah. Sucked.  Spiderman? Sucked.  Tobey McGoober. Please. X-Men and spinoffs? Mostly sucky. Ghost Rider?  Nicholas Cage. Enough said.  Elektra? Blew despite Jen Garner. Punisher? Sucked. Fantastic Four? Sucked times four. 

7) CGI Hulk.

FWIW, DC comics fare only a little better and only because of Batman. 

The Batman series (current) is pretty good.  I love Batman but was never a real fan of the clownish Tim Burton fantasyland version. I'd be a major fan of the current series except for Bale's stupid growl voice.  It pisses me off.  It's stupid.

All the Superman movies suck engorged dick.  Jonah Hex was fair. Green Lantern was abysmal. Watchmen was blue cock unwatchable. Catwoman was shitty.

Ok I am going to review your review.  You are right on with Hulk, nothing else needs to be said.  The first one was probably the worst comic book movie adaptation I have ever witnessed, and I have seen Daredevil.  Right again with Thor, couldn't agree more. 

You are out of your gord with the X-men movies, Watchmen and Spiderman.  I blame the writing for the Spiderman movies more than Mcguire. To me he actually was the perfect Peter Parker save for the whole whoa is me should I be Spiderman or not routine.  Peter Parker was a nerd but he was never whiny, but I put that to the writers not Mcguire.

I didn't mind Captain America I thought they did a pretty good job with it.

The Batman's with Keaton were well done after he left they made turds.  The rebooted Batman, both of them were great. The original Superman with Reeves, blasphemy...heretic. 

You lost your comic movie credibility saying that shit pile of a movie Jonah Hex was fair :wtf:

The rest of them I agree with you on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2012, 01:13:20 PM »
You are right on with Hulk, nothing else needs to be said.  The first one was probably the worst comic book movie adaptation I have ever witnessed, and I have seen Daredevil.

I'd put Batman and Robin and Spider-Man 3 ahead of that first Hulk movie any day.  And the Wolverine movie, I thought was ass.  It would have been the worst movie of that summer for me, but then I went and saw Transformers 2.

I thought the Watchmen was about as good as adaptation of the comic as you could make in a 2 1/2 hour movie.  The changes they made to the plot made sense to me.  I always thought it would have been better suited to a 12 part series on HBO like Band of Brothers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 02:49:05 PM »
Band of Brothers.  Has to be one of my absolute favorite series of all time. 

I was actually okay with Wolverine.  But then, I thought Dude where's my car was hilarious.  And Deeeeeennnnnn.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 03:03:32 PM »

I was actually okay with Wolverine.  But then, I thought Dude where's my car was hilarious.  And Deeeeeennnnnn.....

Dude, what's mine say?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 03:06:04 PM »

No "and then"!
No "and then"!
And theennnnnnn!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 04:53:33 PM »
Dude, what's mine say?

Sweet.  What's mine say?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
The Avengers
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2012, 10:30:52 PM »
When I'm wrong, I don't mind admitting it. 

My preconceived ideas about The Avengers were completely off base. 

I thought The Hulk would suck.  Didn't.

I thought Loki was the wrong choice for villain.  Was a little maybe but not by much. 

I thought the blundering drab fests that were Captain America and Thor would doom this combined effort.  They didn't. 

1000% awesome movie.  It drug a little at the first with all the talk of the damn cube which was essentially AllSpark from Transformers.  It could probably have been cut from two and a half hours to two and not lost a whole lot, but still... 

Everything a summer kick ass movie should aspire to be.  Fucking awesome.  Am going to see it again tomorrow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2012, 07:52:24 AM »
Just another example of Joss Whedon's awesomeness.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2012, 11:10:55 AM »
My partner's son has a big ole brain.  He's at Samford in pharmacy school and taking about 8 bajillion hours of classes I can't pronounce.  He is taking a quantitative physics chemistry some something or other and yesterday, his Professor let class out early so he could go see The Avengers.  He said the movie employees had to ask the Professor to tone or down or leave because after one of the lines in the movie about calibrating gamma rays, the guy broke out laughing and wouldn't stop.  Started arguing with the employees telling them you can't calibrate gamma rays and that he was contacting the writers to tell them so.

N....E....R....D!!!! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2012, 11:21:39 AM »
My partner's son has a big ole brain.  He's at Samford in pharmacy school and taking about 8 bajillion hours of classes I can't pronounce.  He is taking a quantitative physics chemistry some something or other and yesterday, his Professor let class out early so he could go see The Avengers.  He said the movie employees had to ask the Professor to tone or down or leave because after one of the lines in the movie about calibrating gamma rays, the guy broke out laughing and wouldn't stop.  Started arguing with the employees telling them you can't calibrate gamma rays and that he was contacting the writers to tell them so.

N....E....R....D!!!!

What did your B.i.L. think of the movie?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2012, 11:22:15 AM »
My partner

I didn't even know you had switched sides. But you'll have to head north to make it legal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2012, 11:23:09 AM »
I didn't even know you had switched sides. But you'll have to head north to make it legal.

Apparently you haven't been reading the "feeding the sharks" thread. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2012, 11:24:37 AM »
Apparently you haven't been reading the "feeding the sharks" thread.

I did. I just thought he was a cross dresser. Had no idea he had a real interest in the "same side".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2012, 11:25:23 AM »
What did your B.i.L. think of the movie?

He hasn't been yet. We're gonna' try and go this weekend.  My BiL loves popcorn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2012, 11:26:28 AM »

We just need to catch Obama when he's in one of his gay marriage is a good thing moods.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions