Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Avengers

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: The Avengers
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2012, 10:35:22 AM »
The glaring disconnect: one minute Hulk wants to kill the luscious ScarJo and the next he's a team player.  Falling from the sky knocked some sense into him?

I took it that he wanted to scare her at first, then was wondering the same.  Maybe a teaser for the sequel?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2012, 10:39:38 AM »
I took it that he wanted to scare her at first, then was wondering the same.  Maybe a teaser for the sequel?

I think he wants to put the hulk penith in her
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2012, 10:40:19 AM »
I'm not really a comic book afficionado, but from what I've heard and read, isn't The Hulk supposed to be an uncontrollable, unstoppable force? 

He shouldn't be a team player. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2012, 11:21:00 AM »
I'm not really a comic book afficionado

Same here. I haven't been 12 in decades.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2012, 11:32:40 AM »

:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2012, 01:06:10 PM »

Then you've missed some good stuff.  Some of the comic series are better than anything on the shelves that pretend to be "literature"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2012, 01:18:20 PM »
Then you've missed some good stuff.  Some of the comic series are better than anything on the shelves that pretend to be "literature"

I was a Marvel nut.  Read and re-read all of them 100 times.  My buddy was a DC guy.  Never could get on board with the Batman, Tarzan etc. line. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2012, 01:20:02 PM »
I was a Marvel nut.  Read and re-read all of them 100 times.  My buddy was a DC guy.  Never could get on board with the Batman, Tarzan etc. line.

Get the fuck out of here...seriously leave.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2012, 01:26:03 PM »
Get the fuck out of here...seriously leave.

Dude ran around with a young boy in tights, named Robin.  Ace and Gary anyone?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2012, 01:27:55 PM »
Speaking of comics, I used to love a series called Sad Sack.  Similar to Beetle Bailey but in comic book form.  The author was George Baker who started the Sad Sack series when he went in the Army in 1941. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2012, 01:27:56 PM »
Dude ran around with a young boy in tights, named Robin.  Ace and Gary anyone?

...and they had an old butler.  Not a maid...a butler.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2012, 01:28:18 PM »
...and they had an old butler.  Not a maid...a butler.

I'm just sayin'....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2012, 01:52:19 PM »
Speaking of comics, I used to love a series called Sad Sack.  Similar to Beetle Bailey but in comic book form.  The author was George Baker who started the Sad Sack series when he went in the Army in 1941.

Yep.  Sad Sack was good.

As a child I also liked Kamandi (Marvel), Plop (no idea), and Detective (Batman).  Went every two weeks to the drugstore hoping there was something new on the big spinning comic rack.

When I got older Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel got me back into the comics a bit.  That and The Killing Joke (another GN) were very different and done well.  Went back and found/bought most of the Batman, Detective, Dark Knight comics from about 1970 until 1990.  There were a few I couldn't find/afford.  And then there were also some graphic novels that I added to the collection. 

Then there was a kid and diapers were a better use of paper so that just fell away.  All those books are sealed and stored.  Probably worth about $8 now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2012, 01:56:57 PM »
When I got older Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel got me back into the comics a bit.  That and The Killing Joke (another GN) were very different and done well.  Went back and found/bought most of the Batman, Detective, Dark Knight comics from about 1970 until 1990.  There were a few I couldn't find/afford.  And then there were also some graphic novels that I added to the collection. 

I have this in leather bound format it is awesome.  No ghey Robin shit.

My house smells of rich mahogany

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2012, 02:04:53 PM »
Going this sunday to see Avengers-  Is IMAX any better than regular on this movie?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2012, 02:47:04 PM »
I have this in leather bound format it is awesome.  No ghey Robin shit.

My house smells of rich mahogany

You are kind of a big deal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2012, 02:57:40 PM »
iirc The Hulk is still an uncontrollable force and he's asked to leave The Avengers not long after it was first formed, Spiderman is brought in around that same time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2012, 03:08:59 PM »
HULK smash
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2012, 03:10:25 PM »
You are kind of a big deal.

I want to say something. I'm gonna put it out there, if you don't like it send it right back.

I want to be on you

No wait that's not right.... I want to be on you
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 03:13:04 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2012, 03:21:05 PM »
I want to say something. I'm gonna put it out there, if you don't like it send it right back.

I want to be on you

No wait that's not right.... I want to be on you

Take me to Pleasure Town.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions