Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Arkansas vs Auburn

boartitz

Arkansas vs Auburn
« on: October 02, 2011, 05:19:43 PM »
How's this gonna turn out?
We're crippled up from what should have been a really good team.
Beat 3 non-con teams like we should. Had our shit pushed in by Bama. Persevered against Texas A&M. More injuries in those last 2 games.
I/m thinking this game will settle at least who is #3 in the SECW pecking order.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Arkansas vs Auburn
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 05:37:44 PM »
Beat 3 non-con teams like we should. Had our shit pushed in by Bama. Persevered against Texas A&M. More injuries in those last 2 games.
I/m thinking this game will settle at least who is #3 in the SECW pecking order.
Unless Arky gets a new O-Line this week, AU is going to push yall's shit in as well. As long as AU brings their USCe game plan, that is. I will give Arky's QB this: he is one tough bastard. I bet he's still seeing Bama's front 7 in his nightmares.

I missed our usual back-and-forth during Bama week. Where the fuck were you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 06:01:32 PM »
Y'all are going to try and beat us by throwing and we're going to try to beat y'all running. As far as the score, take last years final & divide it by 2. I think we come out on top, but it's going to be a doozy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

boartitz

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 06:49:02 PM »
Unless Arky gets a new O-Line this week, AU is going to push yall's shit in as well. As long as AU brings their USCe game plan, that is. I will give Arky's QB this: he is one tough bastard. I bet he's still seeing Bama's front 7 in his nightmares.

I missed our usual back-and-forth during Bama week. Where the fuck were you?
I didn't see the need to do anything concerning us here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 06:55:43 PM »
Y'all are going to try and beat us by throwing and we're going to try to beat y'all running. As far as the score, take last years final & divide it by 2. I think we come out on top, but it's going to be a doozy.
I think it will be closer. May be closer to last year's total, too.
I do not see a defensive battle. :)
What do I know? May be a 13-10 thriller.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 07:06:18 PM »
All I know is it must be a real bitch to gameplan Arkansas. That tough-assed Wilson has the best receiving corp in the college football. I thought Arky was the team to beat before Davis went down and even then I thought Wingo and another could patch up the loss and this is a beat up team.

I see matchup problems for Auburn underneath at LB and I'm uneasy about getting burned deep from having to defend 50 passes. We played our best defensive game but South Carolina went to Lat, Jeffries or ran Garcia.

Arky is a bit more complex. We have lost at least three from the two-deep and have guys nicked-up too. I'm hoping for a Clemsonlike start and a better game from Trotter. I think Dyer can run on anyone but I'm not sure we can score enough TDs to keep up.
I think Auburn will have to score in the mid-thirties and that might require a couple of scores from the D and/or special teams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 08:10:28 PM »
I wish I could tell you something about Auburn.

Two days ago, I'd say it would be a 49-45 type score if Auburn's offense could click.  I'd say that Wilson would have a career day after the running game opened up.  I'd say that your receivers would have hundreds of yards after contact.

But today I have no idea.  I guess I can say that we're going to show you multiple looks on defense.  That we'll line up in one defensive set up and then bounce into a new one right before the snap.  I guess I can say that we're going to tackle really well and guard your receivers one on one.  I can say that your running backs will only have limited production and most likely won't score more than one touchdown.  I can say that it will be a low scoring game.  Like 24-21.  I can say that we're going to run the ball to eat clock. 

But I really have no clue which one to go with.  Probably the former since that's the norm for Roof.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Token

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 10:07:51 PM »
Only one thing is certain.  If Auburn doesn't pressure Wilson, the fucker might throw for 800.  I'm stunned that he threw for 500+ against A&M with the pressure they were getting. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 10:37:08 PM »
Only one thing is certain.  If Auburn doesn't pressure Wilson, the fucker might throw for 800.  I'm stunned that he threw for 500+ against A&M with the pressure they were getting.
Yeah good point Token. Wilson can sling it around and has passed the toughness test with honors. I think he's easily a top ten QB even though he's just a junior. And he's doing it against the best of talent under a coach that knows some offense. I'll have to consider how many of the other QBs can do as much without a dependable run game to lean on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 10:28:34 AM »
Beat 3 non-con teams like we should. Had our shit pushed in by Bama. Was the benefactor of aTm going full tard. More injuries in those last 2 games.
FIXT - let's be honest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 10:46:57 AM »
I'm gonna' put my kool-aid down for a second and say we get our own shit pushed in this Saturday.  I'm extremely happy with 2 things from this past Saturday.  Obviously, the D played the way everyone knew they could by tackling properly, playing press and looking for the ball, dialing up more blitzes etc.  Second, the offense did what I think has to be their M.O. from here on.  Pound Dyer (Not 41 times) and play action off of that and hope Trotter makes good decisions. 

Having said that, while I thought USCe would handle us, I was very surprised at how basic an offense they ran Saturday.  I think they felt they could easily slam Lattimore at us 25+ times and cruise to a 15-20 point win.  I also think Spurrier has no faith whatsoever in Garcia (With good reason) and has literally dumbed down his offense around Lattimore.  This won't be the case against Arky.  They have weapons and a QB that can get the ball to them.  The D played great Saturday.  They're going to have to be spectacular against the Hogs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 11:38:07 AM »
I'm gonna' put my kool-aid down for a second and say we get our own shit pushed in this Saturday.  I'm extremely happy with 2 things from this past Saturday.  Obviously, the D played the way everyone knew they could by tackling properly, playing press and looking for the ball, dialing up more blitzes etc.  Second, the offense did what I think has to be their M.O. from here on.  Pound Dyer (Not 41 times) and play action off of that and hope Trotter makes good decisions. 

Having said that, while I thought USCe would handle us, I was very surprised at how basic an offense they ran Saturday.  I think they felt they could easily slam Lattimore at us 25+ times and cruise to a 15-20 point win.  I also think Spurrier has no faith whatsoever in Garcia (With good reason) and has literally dumbed down his offense around Lattimore.  This won't be the case against Arky.  They have weapons and a QB that can get the ball to them.  The D played great Saturday.  They're going to have to be spectacular against the Hogs.

We may very well give up 6000 passing yards to Wilson.  Buuuuuuttttt....

Arkansas is pretty banged up on defense.  Their starting DEs have been out the past two weeks.  No idea what their status is for our game, but we might be able to run wide (OMac) without facing an Ingram/Clowney tandem.

If we get consistent pressure with our front 4 (as we did against USC) and hit Wilson early and often, I hope that we can disrupt that passing game a bit.  Where we are going to be ultra vulnerable is the underneath drag route that Petrino seems to run 195 times per game.  Our LBers are going to have to play perfect pass coverage and tackle well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 11:49:23 AM »

If we get consistent pressure with our front 4 (as we did against USC) and hit Wilson early and often, I hope that we can disrupt that passing game a bit. 

True. Our front four did well last game. The most pressure I have seen this year. And also, I am excited about Ladarius Owens. He may well develop into a heck of a DE for us. He had a couple of really nice plays Saturday.

Where we are going to be ultra vulnerable is the underneath drag route that Petrino seems to run 195 times per game.  Our LBers are going to have to play perfect pass coverage and tackle well.

This is what scares me too. Spurrier didn't try any of this Saturday for some reason. This shit always eats us up...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 04:24:38 PM »
     It is obvious from my performance in the Battle for the Crown that I do not know much, but I say first one to 40 wins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 10:02:16 PM »
Our passing game is there. Record setting against A&M. Wilson beat Mallett's yardage record by over 100 yds. Impressive. Wright had almost 300 yds receiving. Set new school record for a game at halftime last Saturday.
I think our running game may finally be finding an identity. 2 cripples are back in the mix. We are back to 4 deep, not 5.
Defensively, I'm concerned about yall running misdirection plays. Gus ain't no dummy.
Play that and then hit Dyer up the middle at our soft spot.
All in all, I'm thinking us by 2 TDs. Yeah, I'm a homer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 11:09:31 AM »
Predicting Arkansas by two scores isn't being a homer boartitz, the line opened at Hogs -10.  With Auburn's terrible pass defense and our qb who is the only qb in the country to throw for 500 yards this year, I see a 50-20 type game similar to 09.  AU just won't be able to stop us, and they only have Dyer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 11:16:23 AM »
Predicting Arkansas by two scores isn't being a homer boartitz, the line opened at Hogs -10.  With Auburn's terrible pass defense and our qb who is the only qb in the country to throw for 500 yards this year, I see a 50-20 type game similar to 09.  AU just won't be able to stop us, and they only have Dyer.

Bullshit.

We have Trotter Trovon Blake Lutz too!!!

Besides, aast year we only had Cam, and look how that turned out.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 11:20:12 AM »

I smell bacon! 

The matchup would seem to favor the piggies, no doubt.  Then again, everybody had USCe blowing us off the field too. 

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 11:21:29 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 11:50:11 AM »
I smell bacon! 

The matchup would seem to favor the piggies, no doubt.  Then again, everybody had USCe blowing us off the field too.

Cackalack has nowhere near the offensive firepower Arkansas has.  Plus this is the first big night game in Fayetteville in like 3 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 12:10:38 PM »
Cackalack has nowhere near the offensive firepower Arkansas has.  Plus this is the first big night game in Fayetteville in like 3 years.

No offense, but you have nowhere near the front 7 SC has. Not even close.

Tit for tat.....no one knows. Its why they play the games. And you may very well win. If you are that certain on the 50-20, I'd roll up in Vegas right now if I were you with Arky at -10. Sounds like free money to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE