Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Arkansas vs Auburn

Re: Arkansas vs Auburn
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 12:22:24 PM »
No offense, but you have nowhere near the front 7 SC has. Not even close.

We give up on average 9 more yards per game on the ground than Carolina.  I would say that's pretty close. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 12:26:34 PM »
Cackalack has nowhere near the offensive firepower Arkansas has.  Plus this is the first big night game in Fayetteville in like 3 years.

Glad you're excited about the possibilities.  As GH said, go get some of that free money.  I'm sure you realize how betting lines are set, and they have nothing to do with the teams in reality.  It's all about what the betting public believes.   Like that ESPN bit about nobody believing in Auburn, but Auburn folks...Auburn will continue to be dogs in the betting lines because of just that, and only that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 12:31:06 PM »
We give up on average 9 more yards per game on the ground than Carolina.  I would say that's pretty close.

Meaningless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 12:39:49 PM »
I thought I read/heard somewhere the Hogs were dealing with some significant OL injuries?

Anyway, the issue here will be which Auburn D shows up. If it was last weeks, I think we win. If it was the previous, its gonna be a long fucking ride back from Fayetteville. Tyler Wilson torched our ass last year but they also had Knile Davis. It seems losing Davis has hurt the Hogs worse than I originally thought. Petrino is real pass happy from what I have seen, thus far anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 12:48:15 PM »

Too bad that's not all that defines a front 7. Very 1 dimensional stat. Their pass rush is very good. Besides, they faced off against better rushing teams than the Hogs have, mainly Navy's Triple Option (280 yards against SC, 4th nationally), Georgia (Top 50 nationally in rushing ypg) and AU/Dyer (Top 50 nationally in rushing ypg). Their statistics in this category could look a little skewed due to the rushing attacks they have faced.

Clowney, Ingram......studs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 12:49:00 PM »
I thought I read/heard somewhere the Hogs were dealing with some significant OL injuries?

Anyway, the issue here will be which Auburn D shows up. If it was last weeks, I think we win. If it was the previous, its gonna be a long fucking ride back from Fayetteville. Tyler Wilson torched our ass last year but they also had Knile Davis. It seems losing Davis has hurt the Hogs worse than I originally thought. Petrino is real pass happy from what I have seen, thus far anyway.

Hogwash (pun intended).....they are flawless. Ask Bama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2011, 12:53:44 PM »
Chizik just announced that Blake is "probably" out for this weekend. That means no Blake and no Reed. If we've learned anything, it's that Trotter isn't going to put passes right in receivers' hands, so this really blows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2011, 01:00:52 PM »

I find nothing on OL injuries, but they're fairly young there.  Tyler Wilson has averaged 5 rushes a game, which I assume are mostly, if not all, running for his life, for a total of 11 yards.  He had 6 for -29, 4 sacks vs aTm, and 9 for -4, 3 Sacks vs Troy.

Ark. is 82nd in Rushing Defense.  So, they can definitely be hurt there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2011, 01:02:31 PM »
Too bad that's not all that defines a front 7. Very 1 dimensional stat. Their pass rush is very good. Besides, they faced off against better rushing teams than the Hogs have, mainly Navy's Triple Option (280 yards against SC, 4th nationally), Georgia (Top 50 nationally in rushing ypg) and AU/Dyer (Top 50 nationally in rushing ypg). Their statistics in this category could look a little skewed due to the rushing attacks they have faced.

We've played Bama with Richardon/Lacy and aTm with Michael/Gray.  You have no point.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2011, 01:04:28 PM »
We've played Bama with Richardon/Lacy and aTm with Michael/Gray.  You have no point.

You're 82 in Rush Def.  Nothing to crow about.  Point, Game, Set,  #winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2011, 01:08:04 PM »
You're 82 in Rush Def.  Nothing to crow about.  Point, Game, Set,  #winning

:bugs:

Dude was saying Carolina's defensive rushing stats were 'skewed' because of the allsome running teams they played.  Same argument doesn't work for Arkansas apparently. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2011, 01:20:17 PM »

:bugs:

Dude was saying Carolina's defensive rushing stats were 'skewed' because of the allsome running teams they played.  Same argument doesn't work for Arkansas apparently.

On average, they've faces more quality rushing teams than Ark. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2011, 01:29:07 PM »
I don't think so. I know it's a little deceiving, but their OL normally plays like 2nd stringers and walk-ons. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2011, 01:31:18 PM »
So, what's your point? That Arkansas can't defend the run unless they are playing against a shitty RB? Dyer is going to prison rape you guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2011, 01:33:17 PM »
On average, they've faces more quality rushing teams than Ark.

Not really.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2011, 01:38:56 PM »
Dyer is going to prison rape you guys.

Prison rape may be a little strong. 

White collar conjugal visit scenario maybe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2011, 01:45:18 PM »
So, what's your point? That Arkansas can't defend the run unless they are playing against a shitakety RB? Dyer is going to prison rape you guys.

Yes.  And your pass D only looks good against Garcia. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2011, 01:46:03 PM »
White collar conjugal visit scenario maybe.

Well, they already think Dyer likes fat girls and big white offensive lineman. That makes this even more interesting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2011, 01:50:42 PM »
Well, they already think Dyer likes fat girls and big white offensive lineman. That makes this even more interesting.

djsimp, I kinda remember you from back in the day on SEC Talk.  Tell Jimmy Lee Smallwood that I porked his wife Meloney.  He's an AU fan that used to go by Vader, iirc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2011, 01:53:58 PM »
Tell Jimmy Lee Smallwood that I porked his wife Meloney. 

This thread is worthless without pictures.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."