Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Frazier is This Season's Future

Frazier is This Season's Future
« on: September 27, 2011, 05:12:05 PM »
From CBSSportsAuburn:

Freshman QB Kiehl Frazier continues to get work out of the Wildcat formation, but coaches have considered letting their coveted freshman work from standard formations. "That’s not out of the question, but right now … it’s been a concerted effort to keep him inthe spot with the Wildcat threat," coach Gene Chizik said

Slowly but surely, he'll start working his way in.

I have a bad feeling this isn't because Frazier is that talented.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Frazier is This Season's Future
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 05:21:35 PM »
From CBSSportsAuburn:

Slowly but surely, he'll start working his way in.

I have a bad feeling this isn't because Frazier is that talented.

He has much work to do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 05:34:26 PM »
I'd rather lose with the future.  I say let him play, if he does well Pike goes elsewhere, if he tanks we can turn him into a wide receiver.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 07:39:33 PM »
I'd rather lose with the future.  I say let him play, if he does well Pike goes elsewhere, if he tanks we can turn him into a wide receiver.
And fuck-up Trooper's elite receiving corp with a cast-off?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 08:49:44 PM »
Hell, what is gonna hurt at this point. I'm sure the kid has got skills at passing, we know hes gots the wheelz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 09:39:46 PM »
Gus Malzahn on Kiehl Frazier playing more:

"I think so. He's impressed us. He's a real calm kid. We're trying to expand his role"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 09:21:37 AM »
Yep, go ahead and develop him. Were a 5-7 win team with or without him, so might as well plan for next year. We could be badass the next 2 years if we play this right.

I don't think Zeke would leave solely because of this happening.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 09:22:24 AM »
He has much work to do.

Enough about Barrett Trotter snaggle. Let's talk about Frazier.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 09:26:15 AM »
Bwaaaaa. That Kodi Burns kid will win us 500 games if we just let him play.

Be real. The kid has not even shown he can throw the ball yet. Keep him in wildcat and give him more throws. If he does well, increase his time. But don't give away the now for the future just because you THINK he'll be great one day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 09:30:57 AM »
I didn't mean this to say "He's the answer to our woes."

I'm just relaying what the coaches are saying.

They're starting to hint.  Frazier is going to get more plays. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 09:36:11 AM »

And he should, but we don't need another false savior. We need to bring him along slowly. If the kid is going to be good, we'll see it in flashes. For now he has not done, of been allowed to do, a whole lot. I don't mind mixing him in more. But there are many out there who just want to give up and let him have the reins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 09:44:06 AM »

I think working him in more and at least giving him a series here and there is the ticket.  I'm certainly not ready to tank Trotter by any stretch because he's had some good moments and a lot of his ineffectiveness at times is the result of shitty playcalling.  Right now, through 4 games, Trotter is:

61/99  783 yards  8TDs  3 Ints.  196 yards/game

Not bad numbers and again, I think they'd be a good bit better if some things were different in the playcalling.  The only real element Frazier brings right now is better running ability.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 10:22:19 AM »

Be real. The kid has not even shown he can throw the ball yet.
Why do you guys keep bringing Trotter into this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 01:11:14 PM »
Why do you guys keep bringing Trotter into this?

Being cute and funny aside, he's right.  We know NOTHING about him, other than he seems to have pretty good wheels.  Yet, everybody assumes he's the savior?   

Fuckin' shit fans are funny.  "The true Fr. guy we've barely seen play has to be better than the guy the coaches chose to start!" 

:haha:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 01:55:40 PM »
Being cute and funny aside, he's right.  We know NOTHING about him, other than he seems to have pretty good wheels.  Yet, everybody assumes he's the savior?   

Fuckin' shit fans are funny.  "The true Fr. guy we've barely seen play has to be better than the guy the coaches chose to start!" 

:haha:

Thinking that any large black guy with wheels is Jesus Christ; it's one of the many symptoms of Cammy Cam Juice withdrawal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 02:04:24 PM »
Thinking that any large black guy with wheels is Jesus Christ; it's one of the many symptoms of Cammy Cam Juice withdrawal.

Drinkin' my juice young love chug-a-lug me
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 02:34:24 PM »
I miss your face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 02:39:51 PM »
I miss your face.

Vandy Vol loves the juice of a big black guy. AWK is jealous.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Xanusus

• Admit it, I'm sexy
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 02:49:04 PM »
I'm not calling for Frazier to replace Trotter. Just give him more reps than he is currently getting. Everytime Frazier has been in the game something positive has happened. Need the third down conversion? Boom he comes in and delivers. Need a huge pass play. Boom he comes in and he and Clint deliver. There's only been one bad play that Frazier has been in on on offense and that was his first pass. It wasn't a terrible pass either. It was put where it could not be intercepted and off the receiver's hands. Sorry but if the ball hits the receivers hands I expect them to catch it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 02:55:53 PM »
I'm not calling for Frazier to replace Trotter. Just give him more reps than he is currently getting. Everytime Frazier has been in the game something positive has happened. Need the third down conversion? Boom he comes in and delivers. Need a huge pass play. Boom he comes in and he and Clint deliver. There's only been one bad play that Frazier has been in on on offense and that was his first pass. It wasn't a terrible pass either. It was put where it could not be intercepted and off the receiver's hands. Sorry but if the ball hits the receivers hands I expect them to catch it.

You're asking way too much of our young receiving corp.  Catching the ball.  Pffft...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions