Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Frazier is This Season's Future

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Frazier is This Season's Future
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 02:59:07 PM »
You're asking way too much of our young receiving corp.  Catching the ball.  Pffft...

Maybe they should be using Parkay spread, its not butter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 03:02:17 PM »
Maybe they should be using Parkay spread, its not butter.

He's the kicker.  What does he know about offense?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 03:06:07 PM »
If only we had a long snapper.....this shit wouldn't be happening.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 03:12:47 PM »
If only we had a long snapper.....this shit wouldn't be happening.

Raise your hand and Daxify, bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 03:28:07 PM »
   PASSING           GP      Effic     Cmp-Att-Int         Pct     Yards     TD   Long  Avg/G
Wilson, Russell     4     218.4         69-91-1        75.8     1136     11     63     284.0

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 03:33:39 PM »
Thinking that any large black guy with wheels is Jesus Christ; it's one of the many symptoms of Cammy Cam Juice withdrawal.

Maybe....but....

At least he brings knowledge of the specific offense.  Coaches say he's progressing.  He's a proven winner to this point.  He was the USA Today's #1 HS Offensive Player of the Year last year.

Id say there are reasons other than just being "any large black guy with wheels". I think there is justifiable intrigue outside his skin color also.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 03:36:51 PM »
   PASSING           GP      Effic     Cmp-Att-Int         Pct     Yards     TD   Long  Avg/G
Wilson, Russell     4     218.4         69-91-1        75.8     1136     11     63     284.0

Excellent contribution.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 03:38:13 PM »
The most popular guy on any football team is the back-up quarterback...

/smh/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 03:41:11 PM »

Maybe....but....

At least he brings knowledge of the specific offense.  Coaches say he's progressing.  He's a proven winner to this point.  He was the USA Today's #1 HS Offensive Player of the Year last year.

Id say there are reasons other than just being "any large black guy with wheels". I think there is justifiable intrigue outside his skin color also.

I suspect that he may be familiar with a the core concepts, but every coach put their own spin on things, and Gus has been gone from there for a few years.  The language he understood from HS may be different, and I suspect that Gus had to make some tweaks and changes along the way when he moved to the next level.   In that regard, I'd bet Trotter is much better versed in it than Frazier. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 03:45:42 PM »
The most popular guy on any football team is the back-up quarterback...

/smh/

I am pretty sure that is not always correct...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2011, 03:49:07 PM »
I suspect that he may be familiar with a the core concepts, but every coach put their own spin on things, and Gus has been gone from there for a few years.  The language he understood from HS may be different, and I suspect that Gus had to make some tweaks and changes along the way when he moved to the next level.   In that regard, I'd bet Trotter is much better versed in it than Frazier.

Trotter just needs to fix his problem with L.O.F.T. (Lack Of Fucking Talent).

Which is possible, but right now he's looking very Toddish...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2011, 03:58:25 PM »
I am pretty sure that is not always correct...

Ooohh, I know you di'in't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2011, 04:40:32 PM »

Maybe....but....

Like JR said, I think Malzahn's offense is different from (and more complex than) the high school offense that Frazier previously operated in.  Yes, Malzahn utilizes the spread, and yes, Frazier performed well in the spread during high school, but Malzahn's version of the spread utilizes aspects of the wishbone formation.  It's considered to open up more running lanes than the traditional spread, which is used to open up passing lanes.

That's not to say that Frazier wouldn't succeed in an altered spread offense with various complexities that Malzahn has added for the collegiate level, but why is Frazier just now showing signs of progress worthy of being reported?  People bitch about Trotter, and suddenly the coaches think that Frazier's progressing well?  No one noticed any signs of potential or progress in this kid until now?  It all seems a little contrived to me, as if the coaches (and now the fans) are looking for the next double threat superstar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, 04:53:36 PM »
I can see where they would see improvement in the guy.  In the scrimmage I saw, he was in for about 8-9 series.  Totally unimpressive passer.  Has a gun but just wasn't accurate at all. Even the short passes were a tough catch.  Very smooth and athletic runner.  My point is, the kid has the tools but in my pathetically untrained eye, he had that whole "speed of the game" problem.  I saw him play twice in high school and the game revolved around him.  He was the offense.  Now, everyone is twice as big and fast and it's not up to him to create things like he did in HS.

When I saw him, he'd been on campus 3 weeks.  Now we're in week 5 of the season and he's just that much more experienced being around the game and in it some.  I still have no problem with Trotter and I'm certainly a long way from calling for a change.  The bottom line for me is I think you have to work the #2 in and I wish they had been able to get Fro Throw more reps last year.  Too many tight games, though.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Xanusus

• Admit it, I'm sexy
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2011, 06:02:56 PM »
You've all seen this before but...

I'm ready to start chanting Kodi Kodi Kodi. Anyone with me on that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2011, 06:31:32 PM »
The most popular guy on any football team that sucks is the back-up quarterback...

/smh/

Fixt.  And still /smh/.  And y'all know it's true. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2011, 06:57:41 PM »
Fixt.  And still /smh/.  And y'all know it's true.

lol
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2011, 09:49:51 PM »
Like JR said, I think Malzahn's offense is different from (and more complex than) the high school offense that Frazier previously operated in.  Yes, Malzahn utilizes the spread, and yes, Frazier performed well in the spread during high school, but Malzahn's version of the spread utilizes aspects of the wishbone formation.  It's considered to open up more running lanes than the traditional spread, which is used to open up passing lanes.

That's not to say that Frazier wouldn't succeed in an altered spread offense with various complexities that Malzahn has added for the collegiate level, but why is Frazier just now showing signs of progress worthy of being reported?  People bitch about Trotter, and suddenly the coaches think that Frazier's progressing well?  No one noticed any signs of potential or progress in this kid until now?  It all seems a little contrived to me, as if the coaches (and now the fans) are looking for the next double threat superstar.
To further that, as an AU fan, I would be pretty fucking concerned if a true frosh showed up and could run Malzahn's college system as well as, or better than, a guy that has been at AU since day 1 of Malzahn. Even if that true frosh ran Malzahn's system in HS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2011, 10:53:46 PM »
In the 99 season Ben Leard was hurt and Gabe Gross was sucking it up at a home game.  The student section started chanting we want Klein we want Klein.  Guess What Jeff Klein sucked worse than Gabe Gross.  I admire Kodi Burns but guess what same shit 2008 season.  I think Kyle Frazier has lots of talent but I don't know if he comes in he will be a saviour.  I would like to see Taylor Mosely take a few snaps this year to give me an opinion of himself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2011, 11:06:09 PM »
In the 99 season Ben Leard was hurt and Gabe Gross was sucking it up at a home game.  The student section started chanting we want Klein we want Klein.  Guess What Jeff Klein sucked worse than Gabe Gross.  I admire Kodi Burns but guess what same shit 2008 season.  I think Kyle Frazier has lots of talent but I don't know if he comes in he will be a saviour.  I would like to see Taylor Mosely take a few snaps this year to give me an opinion of himself.

If Trotter and Mosely were so close in fall camp, it couldn't hurt to see what he can do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions