Guess who is no longer ranked?

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Guess who is no longer ranked?
« on: September 06, 2011, 01:18:22 PM »
I told you so Chad...

LSU rises to No. 2 in Top 25; Auburn, UGa out

NEW YORK -- Winning the biggest game of college football's opening weekend boosted LSU to No. 2 in The Associated Press Top 25.

No. 1 Oklahoma held on to the top spot in the first regular-season rankings, while the Tigers used their 40-27 victory against Oregon to jump rival Alabama, which slipped to No. 3.

Boise State moved up a notch to No. 4 after its impressive 35-21 win against Georgia. Florida State moved up to No. 5.

Oregon dropped nine spots to No. 13 and defending national champion Auburn, which started the season at No. 23, fell out of the Top 25 after needing a late rally to beat Utah State at home. Notre Dame also dropped out.

Moving into the rankings were No. 20 Baylor, No. 22 South Florida, No. 23 Penn State and No. 24 Texas.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6936273/lsu-tigers-climb-no-2-associated-press-top-25-auburn-tigers-georgia-bulldogs-drop-out

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Guess who is no longer ranked?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 01:20:37 PM »
I can't say I am surprised.  For some teams, the win streak would be enough to keep them hanging around in the top 15 though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 01:29:11 PM »
Did Notre Dame move up?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 01:29:44 PM »
Did Notre Dame move up?
They are still in great shape to make a BCS Bowl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 01:30:33 PM »
Did Notre Dame move up?

No, but USF moved up after beating their sorry asses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 01:31:45 PM »
This is patently absurd.

1   Oklahoma (32)   1-0   1448
2   LSU (17)   1-0   1415
3   Alabama (9)   1-0   1409
4   Boise State (2)   1-0   1310
5   Florida State   1-0   1196
6   Stanford   1-0   1154
7   Texas A&M   1-0   1033
8   Wisconsin   1-0   1031
9   Oklahoma State   1-0   981
10   Nebraska   1-0   947
11   Virginia Tech   1-0   906
12   South Carolina   1-0   843
13   Oregon   0-1   828
14   Arkansas   1-0   752
15   Ohio State   1-0   606
16   Mississippi State   1-0   594
17   Michigan State   1-0   530
18   Florida   1-0   382
19   West Virginia   1-0   357
20   Baylor   1-0   284
21   Missouri   1-0   242
22   South Florida   1-0   221
23   Penn State   1-0   147
24   Texas   1-0   135
25   TCU   0-1   130

What a fucking joke.

So apparently, being the defending National Champion with the longest winning streak in the FBS is not enough to get you ranked. Being a Mountain West team and getting down to Baylor, coming back, and then still losing to Baylor, gets you in the polls.

You know for a 100% fact, that if we were Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Alabama, Texas, etc., first of all we would have entered the season in the Top 10, and secondly, we wouldn't have dropped a spot. Probably would have moved up considering the teams that lost ahead of us. You'd hear about the amazing comeback and how this team never gives up. I know because I've seen it in the past.

The AP was chomping at the bit to get us out of the polls. They couldn't just wait an extra week to actually see what we're made of.

It is fucking ludicrous that any team that is 0-1 be ranked at all while there are so many teams still undefeated. Even Oregon. You had your chance and you blew it. Get in line behind everyone else until you get a quality win.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 01:34:54 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 01:35:07 PM »
This is patently absurd.

What a fucking joke.

So apparently, being the defending National Champion with the longest winning streak in the FBS is not enough to get you ranked. Being a Mountain West team and getting down to Baylor, coming back, and then still losing to Baylor, gets you in the polls.

You know for a 100% fact, that if we were Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Alabama, Texas, etc., first of all we would have entered the season in the Top 10, and secondly, we wouldn't have dropped a spot. Probably would have moved up considering the teams that lost ahead of us.

The AP was chomping at the bit to get us out of the polls. They couldn't just wait an extra week to actually see what we're made of.

It is fucking ludicrous that any team that is 0-1 be ranked at all while there are so many teams still undefeated. Even Oregon. You had your chance and you blew it. Get in line behind everyone else until you get a quality win.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts...

You forgot one thing though....fuck teh haterz  :fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 01:36:13 PM »
Even Oregon. You had your chance and you blew it. Get in line behind everyone else until you get a quality win.

And they will get that chance in what, 10 weeks? PAC 12 sucks. And so does Notre Dame.

I agree with your thoughts on the pollsters' motivations.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

JR4AU

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 01:46:41 PM »
I really didn't fully expect they'd drop us with a W.  Not often that happens.  But, #16 comes to town Saturday, and we can be right back in it if we can find a way to pull it out. 

My heart says they learned a lot of lessons, got the feel for "game speed", will correct alignment problems on Defense, and play more aggressively, and we can compete.

My mind looks at Roof's history, and says the ONLY way we win this one is if our offense can keep up in a shoot out.

If we can score 45, we have a chance.  Damn, that sounds fucked up!  Trotter goes all tard on us, and we're fuxed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 02:17:34 PM »
I really didn't fully expect they'd drop us with a W.  Not often that happens.  But, #16 comes to town Saturday, and we can be right back in it if we can find a way to pull it out. 

My heart says they learned a lot of lessons, got the feel for "game speed", will correct alignment problems on Defense, and play more aggressively, and we can compete.

My mind looks at Roof's history, and says the ONLY way we win this one is if our offense can keep up in a shoot out.

If we can score 45, we have a chance.  Damn, that sounds fucked up!  Trotter goes all tard on us, and we're fuxed.
2 things must happen for us to win Saturday...

1.  We must score with every given opportunity... Like you said without Trotter going full retard.

and 2. The defense will have to stop MSU's offense twice...I don't think that will happen.

The National Media hates us for whatever reason...so fuck them.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 02:18:32 PM by AWK »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 02:18:40 PM »
Trotter goes all tard on us, and we're fuxed.

You never go full tard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 02:24:42 PM »
Quote from: AWK link=topic=1 :rolleyes:5369.msg217188#msg217188 date=1315333054
2 things must happen for us to win Saturday...

1.  We must score with every given opportunity... Like you said without Trotter going full retard.

and 2. The defense will have to stop MSU's offense twice...I don't think that will happen.

Jay G Cocksucker hates us for whatever reason...so fuck them.
Now you're getting it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 02:31:26 PM »
This is patently absurd.

1   Oklahoma (32)   1-0   1448
2   LSU (17)   1-0   1415
3   Alabama (9)   1-0   1409
4   Boise State (2)   1-0   1310
5   Florida State   1-0   1196
6   Stanford   1-0   1154
7   Texas A&M   1-0   1033
8   Wisconsin   1-0   1031
9   Oklahoma State   1-0   981
10   Nebraska   1-0   947
11   Virginia Tech   1-0   906
12   South Carolina   1-0   843
13   Oregon   0-1   828
14   Arkansas   1-0   752
15   Ohio State   1-0   606
16   Mississippi State   1-0   594
17   Michigan State   1-0   530
18   Florida   1-0   382
19   West Virginia   1-0   357
20   Baylor   1-0   284
21   Missouri   1-0   242
22   South Florida   1-0   221
23   Penn State   1-0   147
24   Texas   1-0   135
25   TCU   0-1   130

What a fucking joke.

You know for a 100% fact, that if we were Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Alabama, Texas, etc., first of all we would have entered the season in the Top 10, and secondly, we wouldn't have dropped a spot. Probably would have moved up considering the teams that lost ahead of us. You'd hear about the amazing comeback and how this team never gives up. I know because I've seen it in the past.

Oregon lost to a top 5 team while they were a top 5 team. I wouldn't expect them to totally drop out of the top 25.

TCU was ranked 14th. They dropped more than Oregon did, and rightfully so; they lost to an unranked team.

I don't understand why people look at it as "defending" champions. A team can't take it away from you. It's not normal at all to win back-to-back NCs. You're not really defending anything. You won it. And in that sense, the 2011 AU team has just about dick in common with the 2010 team. There are only a handful of guys leftover from that team. You certainly aren't expecting the same results as 2010 after watching the Utah St game, so why should the pollsters? If we're going to play the "if" game, you would be bitching and moaning about the media sucking the Crimson cock if Alabama was ranked 23rd and put in the same type of performance as AU against Utah St and wasn't dropped out of the polls.

Auburn could have totally eliminated the controversy by kicking the living piss out of Utah St. It's what pretty much everybody here thought was going to happen prior to kickoff. If I would have came on here and said you guys are going to have to pull one out of your asses to beat them, you would have laughed me off of this board. If the pollsters had it out for AU, then the team didn't give them much to think about. You would be pissed if they gave any other team the benefit of the doubt because of last season, so I don't see why you expect them to do it for AU.

In 08, Alabama was ranked 24th in the pre-season poll. They were ranked #1 going into the SECCG. All is not lost for AU. If you guys can come out and kick the living fuck out of some ranked teams in a good fashion, and show that all season, I think AU will find themselves in a respectable place in the polls.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 02:37:24 PM »
I agree for the most part but there has to be at least a little amount of respect factored in here.  I don't argue for an instant that this team had to pull one out of it's entire ass to beat a middle of the packWAC'ster.  But, isn't that the same M.O. for just about the whole 2010 season?  And isn't this program currently on the longest win streak in D1 ball?  It may end this week and if they play even half as bad as they did Saturday, it will.  But, until then..all we do is win...and drop in the polls. Just a little respect would be nice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 03:04:19 PM »
Oregon lost to a top 5 team while they were a top 5 team. I wouldn't expect them to totally drop out of the top 25.
Meanwhile plenty of teams are undefeated. They are winless. Yes they played a great opponent. I don't care. A 100% win record vs. a 100% loss record should win out every time. They fall out of my poll and are replaced with whichever team had most quality win that was previously unranked. I guess that would be Baylor.

TCU was ranked 14th. They dropped more than Oregon did, and rightfully so; they lost to an unranked team.
Yeah, and that unranked team is still unranked, while TCU is still ranked. Do you really fail to see the absurdity in that? Again, one team has won every game they've played, and the other has lost every game. AND THAT ONE GAME SAMPLE IS A HEAD-TO-HEAD BATTLE WITH EACHOTHER. On no planet should TCU be ranked and not Baylor. And not any team that actually won this weekend.

I don't understand why people look at it as "defending" champions. A team can't take it away from you. It's not normal at all to win back-to-back NCs. You're not really defending anything. You won it. And in that sense, the 2011 AU team has just about dick in common with the 2010 team. There are only a handful of guys leftover from that team. You certainly aren't expecting the same results as 2010 after watching the Utah St game, so why should the pollsters? If we're going to play the "if" game, you would be bitching and moaning about the media sucking the Crimson cock if Alabama was ranked 23rd and put in the same type of performance as AU against Utah St and wasn't dropped out of the polls.
Last season shouldn't amount to shit. But it does. Hence why Oregon and TCU are still ranked. Hence why Alabama is #3 in the nation for beating up on Kent State while giving up 5 turnovers. And you're wrong on what I would be bitching and moaning about. And you're wrong that that would ever happen. I've seen time and time again an overrated Notre Dame or Michigan team struggle in their opener, and I've heard the talking heads gush over what perseverance they had to come back and secure the win, and that team ends up holding strong to their top 5 ranking. Granted it's generally bullshit, but it only applies to those favorite son teams. Always has, always will. Like Snaggle said, I'm not saying we should just be able to perch up at the top of the rankings after a win like that. But shit, we do have the longest winning streak in FBS. That should get us to crack the Top 25.

Auburn could have totally eliminated the controversy by kicking the living piss out of Utah St. It's what pretty much everybody here thought was going to happen prior to kickoff. If I would have came on here and said you guys are going to have to pull one out of your asses to beat them, you would have laughed me off of this board. If the pollsters had it out for AU, then the team didn't give them much to think about. You would be pissed if they gave any other team the benefit of the doubt because of last season, so I don't see why you expect them to do it for AU.
See above. You're wrong. Just about every team ranked above us is given the benefit of the doubt because of last season. Just not the National Champions.

In 08, Alabama was ranked 24th in the pre-season poll. They were ranked #1 going into the SECCG. All is not lost for AU. If you guys can come out and kick the living fuck out of some ranked teams in a good fashion, and show that all season, I think AU will find themselves in a respectable place in the polls.
The thing is, I'm not sitting here arguing that we're world-beaters. I feel that it is more likely than not that MSU beats our asses next week. THEN we should be unranked. Until we lose on the field, it makes zero sense to keep teams who lost their only game ahead of a team that has won 16 in a row.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 03:08:50 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 03:07:07 PM »
16 straight wins get us this kind of respect?  Wow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 03:12:29 PM »
16 straight wins get us this kind of respect?  Wow.

another fucking lawyer on teh X.

awesome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 03:20:09 PM »
It's the second week of the season.  Who cares?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 03:24:27 PM »

awesome.

Ain't it great?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 03:25:56 PM »

awesome.

We rulez!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions