Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Guess who is no longer ranked?

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Guess who is no longer ranked?
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2011, 05:39:04 PM »
Oregon lost to a top 5 team while they were a top 5 team. I wouldn't expect them to totally drop out of the top 25.

TCU was ranked 14th. They dropped more than Oregon did, and rightfully so; they lost to an unranked team.

I don't understand why people look at it as "defending" champions. A team can't take it away from you. It's not normal at all to win back-to-back NCs. You're not really defending anything. You won it. And in that sense, the 2011 AU team has just about dick in common with the 2010 team. There are only a handful of guys leftover from that team. You certainly aren't expecting the same results as 2010 after watching the Utah St game, so why should the pollsters? If we're going to play the "if" game, you would be bitching and moaning about the media sucking the Crimson cock if Alabama was ranked 23rd and put in the same type of performance as AU against Utah St and wasn't dropped out of the polls.

Auburn could have totally eliminated the controversy by kicking the living piss out of Utah St. It's what pretty much everybody here thought was going to happen prior to kickoff. If I would have came on here and said you guys are going to have to pull one out of your asses to beat them, you would have laughed me off of this board. If the pollsters had it out for AU, then the team didn't give them much to think about. You would be pissed if they gave any other team the benefit of the doubt because of last season, so I don't see why you expect them to do it for AU.

In 08, Alabama was ranked 24th in the pre-season poll. They were ranked #1 going into the SECCG. All is not lost for AU. If you guys can come out and kick the living fuck out of some ranked teams in a good fashion, and show that all season, I think AU will find themselves in a respectable place in the polls.
I didn't think we would beat the piss outta Utah State, I felt that we'd actually struggle. I was thinking we'd struggle on Offense more than on Defense. Since Jumbo and Petty are the only two people on this board that I talk to on a daily basis, they can tell ya. I told Petty that Auburn wouldn't cover the 21 spread and that USU wasn't going to be a cakewalk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2011, 06:29:19 PM »
I didn't think we would beat the piss outta Utah State, I felt that we'd actually struggle. I was thinking we'd struggle on Offense more than on Defense. Since Jumbo and Petty are the only two people on this board that I talk to on a daily basis, they can tell ya. I told Petty that Auburn wouldn't cover the 21 spread and that USU wasn't going to be a cakewalk.
You were so concerned that you had a confidence level of 10 that AU would beat them in the Battle for the Crown.

Riiiiiiight......... let me guess....Samoans?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 06:29:50 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Wincrimson

• Motorboatin' is muh hobby
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2011, 06:41:46 PM »
What's the hullabaloo over not being ranked in a currently meaningless poll?  So you don't get to have a number by your name on ESPN for a week at the shortest.  Tell ya what -- beat State and you'll get it back.  And deservedly so.

I'm surprised that there isn't more concern over who you're going to beat this year than a week 2 AP Poll ranking.  A stout Mississippi State team?  Unlikely.  Coach BOOM and his improved Florida squad?  Probably not.  A Clemson team on the road who had the Fightin' Cams down 17-0 last season?  Doubtful.  Games at Arkansas and South Carolina?  No.  The LSU and Alabama games?  Fuhgeddaboutit.   I'll give you the edge against Ole Miss at home but anyone who watched both teams play this past weekend should recognize that it's no slam dunk for either.  The same can be said for Georgia but they'll likely be the favorite in Athens.

Ole Miss, FAU, and Samford round it out.  And I wasn't in the camp predicting gloom and doom like so many were over the off-season.  I had the expectation that you guys could reach 7-8 wins and have a respectable season.  But, that team I saw Saturday was weakkkkkkk.  And it's not going to get any better.  Sorry.  I know shitty football when I see it and with a little more work, you can be playing shitty football soon.  I lived through the DuBose and Shula years.  And while we didn't get a perfect bounce on an onside kick against a UCF or LaTech, the point remains the same.

FYI, this isn't a flame.  You'll think it is.  But, you'll be wrong.  It's just the way I, and countless others, see it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2011, 06:45:15 PM »
weakkkkkkk

Shouldn't that be weeeeeeeeeeak?  I think it would sound rather stupid to drag out the k sound at the end of the word. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Wincrimson

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2011, 07:02:34 PM »
The more K's the better?  Some seem to think so.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2011, 07:08:49 PM »
You were so concerned that you had a confidence level of 10 that AU would beat them in the Battle for the Crown.

Riiiiiiight......... let me guess....Samoans?
Never said I was concerned...is read comprehension that hard for inbred bammers?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2011, 07:11:23 PM »
Never said I was concerned...is read comprehension that hard for inbred bammers?
Is spelling and grammar that hard for you? I mean, if we're going to go down that road and all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2011, 07:30:34 PM »
What's the hullabaloo over not being ranked in a currently meaningless poll?  So you don't get to have a number by your name on ESPN for a week at the shortest.  Tell ya what -- beat State and you'll get it back.  And deservedly so.

I'm surprised that there isn't more concern over who you're going to beat this year than a week 2 AP Poll ranking.  A stout Mississippi State team?  Unlikely.  Coach BOOM and his improved Florida squad?  Probably not.  A Clemson team on the road who had the Fightin' Cams down 17-0 last season?  Doubtful.  Games at Arkansas and South Carolina?  No.  The LSU and Alabama games?  Fuhgeddaboutit.   I'll give you the edge against Ole Miss at home but anyone who watched both teams play this past weekend should recognize that it's no slam dunk for either.  The same can be said for Georgia but they'll likely be the favorite in Athens.

Ole Miss, FAU, and Samford round it out.  And I wasn't in the camp predicting gloom and doom like so many were over the off-season.  I had the expectation that you guys could reach 7-8 wins and have a respectable season.  But, that team I saw Saturday was weakkkkkkk.  And it's not going to get any better.  Sorry.  I know shitty football when I see it and with a little more work, you can be playing shitty football soon.  I lived through the DuBose and Shula years.  And while we didn't get a perfect bounce on an onside kick against a UCF or LaTech, the point remains the same.

FYI, this isn't a flame.  You'll think it is.  But, you'll be wrong.  It's just the way I, and countless others, see it.
:troll:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2011, 08:05:56 PM »
Is spelling and grammar that hard for you? I mean, if we're going to go down that road and all.
I noticed that you sidestepped the question, so apparently you are a retarded, inbred bammer that has reading comprehension problems.

I was confident that Auburn would win (hence the "10") but, I didn't think Auburn would beat the crap outta Utah State.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2011, 08:25:33 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2011, 08:43:19 PM »
it's like a horse race.........it doesn't matter where you start. It's where you finish that counts
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2011, 09:39:14 PM »
Consistency and polls can not be mentioned in the same sentence.
Oh yeah?

Consistency is AWK always bending over each time a telemarketer asks if he would take a poll
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2011, 10:08:25 PM »
it's like a horse race.........it doesn't matter where you start. It's where you finish that counts
bammers and their horses
 :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2011, 10:10:59 PM »
who the hell you calling a bammer???????
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 10:12:31 PM by points »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2011, 10:33:21 PM »
who the hell you calling a bammer???????

Umm, I think it would be you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Wincrimson

« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2011, 11:03:01 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2011, 10:06:15 AM »
Prowler you can call me anything you like but calling me a bammer is about the dumbest thing you could do. If you feel the need to check my creds talk to Sani and kiss my ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2011, 10:10:01 AM »
Prowler you can call me anything you like but calling me a bammer is about the dumbest thing you could do. If you feel the need to check my creds talk to Sani and kiss my ass.

it's true. 

Points has Magnolia and College screet cred.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2011, 10:42:54 AM »

Ole Miss, FAU, and Samford round it out.  And I wasn't in the camp predicting gloom and doom like so many were over the off-season.  I had the expectation that you guys could reach 7-8 wins and have a respectable season.  But, that team I saw Saturday was weakkkkkkk.  And it's not going to get any better.  Sorry. I know shitty football when I see it and with a little more work, you can be playing shitty football soon.  I lived through the DuBose and Shula years.  And while we didn't get a perfect bounce on an onside kick against a UCF or LaTech, the point remains the same.

You bammers and your Auburn prognostication.  You lay out how the season will go, and you're convinced that's the only way it can happen.  Last year, after we squeaked by MSU and Clemson the same things were being said.  The Auburn team that ass raped bammer in Tuberville/Chizik West wasn't nearly the same team that went to Starkville.  The bolded part proves just how big a cock sucking, shit eating, bammer moron you are.  Nothing more, and there can be nothing less.  You're a typical bammer interwebz troll.  Not going to get any better?  Once again, an idiot bammer tells Auburn "give it up, hang up the cleats, y'all are done."  In fact, that's what bammer would love everyone to do...stop trying to compete.  Don't even try, just send bammer the the BCS crystal ball via Fed Ex, they are the rightful owners.  WELL FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING SACK OF SHIT, AND EAT A BAG OF NASTY, PUSS DRIPPING DICKS.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 10:44:23 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2011, 11:39:48 AM »
You bammers and your Auburn prognostication.  You lay out how the season will go, and you're convinced that's the only way it can happen.  Last year, after we squeaked by MSU and Clemson the same things were being said.  The Auburn team that ass raped bammer in Tuberville/Chizik West wasn't nearly the same team that went to Starkville.  The bolded part proves just how big a cock sucking, shit eating, bammer moron you are.  Nothing more, and there can be nothing less.  You're a typical bammer interwebz troll.  Not going to get any better?  Once again, an idiot bammer tells Auburn "give it up, hang up the cleats, y'all are done."  In fact, that's what bammer would love everyone to do...stop trying to compete.  Don't even try, just send bammer the the BCS crystal ball via Fed Ex, they are the rightful owners.  WELL FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING SACK OF SHIT, AND EAT A BAG OF NASTY, PUSS DRIPPING DICKS.

You know, I'm really beginning to get this sneaky suspicion that you don't like Bammers.  Can't quite put my finger on it......but I'll be watching you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."