Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Aggies notify Big 12 they intend to ‘explore options’ on league front

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Aggies notify Big 12 they intend to ‘explore options’ on league front
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2011, 02:18:23 PM »
But then Bama would lose it's UT game.  Token, RWS, how would you feel about that?

UT is their biggest rival anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2011, 02:23:26 PM »

Well they can just drop Vandy then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2011, 02:24:21 PM »

They really don't even think about us much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2011, 03:00:00 PM »
They really don't even think about us much.

We're irrelevant.  Perennial .500 program.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2011, 03:21:22 PM »
"Bad Baylor. Bad."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2011, 05:57:43 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2011, 06:23:07 PM »
The obvious answer here is the SEC will pick up a school to fit in the East division.  No way will any current SEC schools agree to bust any long traditions.  Bama ain't going without Auburn and Tennessee.  Way too much money in those games.  But honestly, would it be so bad if Auburn was moved to the east and only played Bama during rotating years?  I don't want to see it, but I believe many in this state need a break from the series.  Plus, it would be friggin sweet for Bama and Auburn to meet in the SEC championship game. 

Also, since it's going to happen, I think A&M is a good fit.  They have a history with LSU and Arkansas, so it's not like we're bringing in a school who's rarely played SEC teams in the past. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2011, 06:46:00 PM »
The obvious answer here is the SEC will pick up a school to fit in the East division.  No way will any current SEC schools agree to bust any long traditions.  Bama ain't going without Auburn and Tennessee.  Way too much money in those games.  But honestly, would it be so bad if Auburn was moved to the east and only played Bama during rotating years?  I don't want to see it, but I believe many in this state need a break from the series.  Plus, it would be friggin sweet for Bama and Auburn to meet in the SEC championship game. 

Also, since it's going to happen, I think A&M is a good fit.  They have a history with LSU and Arkansas, so it's not like we're bringing in a school who's rarely played SEC teams in the past.

This....all of it.  I would hate losing the yearly Iron Bowl too but damn, it's getting more out of hand every year.  And what would the ATL be like if these two met for the marbles? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2011, 07:37:26 PM »
And what would the ATL be like if these two met for the marbles?

That is what it would look like.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

jmar

« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2011, 07:52:11 PM »
A small X
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

jmar

« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2011, 08:38:48 PM »
It werks fer me?
So is the A&M move on hold, dead in the water or what? Was listening to Finebaum and this guest of his named Billy Lucci comes on weekly and says absolutely nothing on the subject that one can't get from ESPN updates.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2011, 08:50:30 PM »
So is the A&M move on hold, dead in the water or what? Was listening to Finebaum and this guest of his named Billy Lucci comes on weekly and says absolutely nothing on the subject that one can't get from ESPN updates.

The Big 12 commissioner told the SEC that they'd have to get waivers from each individual school, and that he "regrets" having initially told them that they were free to accept A&M.

The SEC hasn't issued any statements, and probably won't for a day or two, so there's no update to my knowledge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2011, 11:14:58 PM »
Beebee told Slive that the SEC didn't need waivers from the Big 12-2 Institutions and that they could accept aTm into the SEC without lawsuits from the other schools...then about a week later said that he made a mistake and that they did need the okay from each individual institution.  Now Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State and I think Iowa State are looking to sue the SEC if the deal goes through (notice anything about those schools looking to sue...they all suck and just rake in Big 12 $$$ without contributing much.) I say, sue the SEC...the Big 12 Commish already stated that it was okay to accept them. Oh yeah, Beebee emailed the SEC his mistake the night of their voting...last night.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 11:16:41 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2011, 11:21:10 PM »
Why would it not be possible for Auburn to move to the East, and the SEC make the rule change to 2 historical rivalries.  We would gain old rivals Florida and Tenn.  Play UGA every year since they would be in our division.  We could have Bama as yearly rival and pick another team my pick LSU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2011, 11:44:32 PM »
I say, sue the SEC...the Big 12 Commish already stated that it was okay to accept them. Oh yeah, Beebee emailed the SEC his mistake the night of their voting...last night.

Well, it's not clear that the SEC would win in such a lawsuit.  Sure, they had a letter from Beebe which indicated that they were free to accept A&M.  But, the question is whether Beebe has the authority to speak or act on behalf of the universities.

Based upon the fact that he is now stating that the SEC needs waivers from each individual school, then I'm assuming each university's contractual relationship with the Big 12 and Beebe does not allow the Big 12 or Beebe to speak for the universities on some issues, such as whether they will waive their right to legal action.

So, essentially, the SEC would have a letter from Beebe, and the SEC would argue that this was a contractual agreement.   However, without the authority to act as an agent on behalf of each university, Beebe's "agreement" with the SEC can not be enforced by a court of law.

Of course, all of this is conjecture about the actual terms of the Big 12's agreement with its member universities.  Beebe may very well be able to waive the universities' right to sue under their contractual relationship, but I doubt it given Baylor's actions and Beebe's response.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2011, 02:37:48 AM »
Well, it's not clear that the SEC would win in such a lawsuit.  Sure, they had a letter from Beebe which indicated that they were free to accept A&M.  But, the question is whether Beebe has the authority to speak or act on behalf of the universities.

Based upon the fact that he is now stating that the SEC needs waivers from each individual school, then I'm assuming each university's contractual relationship with the Big 12 and Beebe does not allow the Big 12 or Beebe to speak for the universities on some issues, such as whether they will waive their right to legal action.

So, essentially, the SEC would have a letter from Beebe, and the SEC would argue that this was a contractual agreement.   However, without the authority to act as an agent on behalf of each university, Beebe's "agreement" with the SEC can not be enforced by a court of law.

Of course, all of this is conjecture about the actual terms of the Big 12's agreement with its member universities.  Beebe may very well be able to waive the universities' right to sue under their contractual relationship, but I doubt it given Baylor's actions and Beebe's response.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2011, 05:12:23 AM »
Thx VV, the Mr. Bigg clip cleared it all up for me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2011, 10:20:50 AM »

I'd say that the SEC has a pretty strong "apparent authority" defense.  One would be reasonably justified in relying upon the statement of the commissioner of the conference.  Estoppel FTW!

The commissioner should know what's what before he opens his dirty whore mouth.

All that said: keep the fAggies in Texas.  I like my conference just the way it is.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 10:21:56 AM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2011, 10:23:51 AM »
I'd say that the SEC has a pretty strong "apparent authority" defense.  One would be reasonably justified in relying upon the statement of the commissioner of the conference.  Estoppel FTW!

The commissioner should know what's what before he opens his dirty whore mouth.

All that said: keep the fAggies in Texas.  I like my conference just the way it is.

Here hear
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions