Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Crimson Caravan in Huntsville.....*Key Board Warning*

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Crimson Caravan in Huntsville.....*Key Board Warning*
« on: May 02, 2008, 06:07:08 PM »
This coming from someone in attendance...Not ME.

Last evening...

Sporting a teal (as in it could have come straight from the Miami Dolphins team store) blazer, Nick Saban arrived as the '80s rock star of the Crimson Caravan last evening in Huntsville.

He joked that he'd heard too much criticism about always wearing one of his three (he does have more than one!) gray suits that he branched out with the Don Johnson look, complete with the black mock turtleneck.

Anyway, during his brief visit with the media before speaking to a crowd of about 700 foaming at the mouth turder incestors at the South Hall of Von Braun Center, he spoke highly of the spuat nation, who he asserts is deserving of the imminent return to their "rightful" place among college football powers. (I thought they were already there - 8th or 9th best program in the SEC this decade.)

He was clearly not happy with the published reports of his private comments during his Crimsom Revival stops at Dothan and Talladega earlier last week and this week; he told the media present that if he saw his visit mentioned or if any of his remarks were printed or recorded in any form, he would not return to Huntsville to speak again.

Later, when he addressed the true believers and rock star worshippers, he warned them, too, that if any of his comments made it to the internet, he'd never set foot in a REC meeting in Huntsville again. Shortly thereafter, his storm troopers starting taking photos and names of the 700 members of the congregation in case they needed to track down any infidels later. They KNOW where YOU live!

His actual speaking engagement lasted 20-25 minutes. He really got the cousin grinders and 'necks fired up and they interrupted his fire and brimstone speech every 2-3 minutes with standing ovations and Rebel yells. I'm convinced if you closed your eyes and just listened to his molding and manipulation of the true believers, you could easily transport yourself back to the late '30s, early '40s and find yourself in Nazi Germany -- listening to Hitler scream and shout about PURITY of RACE, RIGHTFUL PLACE IN HISTORY, DOMINATING THE WORLD...and on and on. Seriously.

He reminded everyone of "how close" spuat was to dominating the SEC last year (close, late losses to eventual BCS Champion LSU as well as an OT loss to this year's pre-season #1 pick, UGA); he promised that "they" hadn't seen anything yet, that last year's #1 ranked recruiting class was "just the beginning"...within three years spuat's 85-man squad would be the biggest, strongest, deepest, most talented 85-man squad in all of college football. He repeated (at least 3-4 times) the mantra that HE would DOMINATE his in-state rival on and off the field, that college football would soon FEAR the spuat Program....that college football programs, coaches, and fans would absolutely "rue the day" HE took the head coaching job at spuat. That remark drew a standing O that was heard throughout southeast Huntsville for 3-4 minutes. In addition, I'm pretty sure I saw close to 100 cousins drop to the floor and start having sex - they were so excited about the Savior's promises...

By the way, I would offer photographic evidence of this but all cameras and cell phones were confiscated at the door.

At any rate, the SaBear closed the evening's worship service with the same closing remarks heretofore offered at all of his recent Revival meetings...

"The University of Alabama is special. Alabama fans are special."

"I am special."

Autographed copies of THE SaBear with his 2008 National Recruiting Championship Trophy were sold at the door on the way out; they were sold out in less than 5 minutes.

It's on the EDSBS website as well.

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2008/05/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

BLS

Re: Crimson Caravan in Huntsville.....*Key Board Warning*
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 06:34:14 PM »
Prowler.....................what the hell are you trying to do to me?

Thanks for fucking it all up. After looking at that picture I'll never be able to look at Saban the same again.
That's just really fucking GAY!  Son of a bitch. I guess it's what I get hanging with you mofos.

If I didn't know any better though ,I'd think you may have an obsession with Nick Saban. Afer all your name is            '' prowler''   

I know you got that from somewhere else but I would have done just fine never have ever,ever seeing that shit.

Methinks you are a ruthless bastard.       :blink:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 06:39:55 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: I just took a picture of my $abban Calender for February... :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

BLS

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 06:44:50 PM »
:rofl: :rofl: I just took a picture of my $abban Calender for February... :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dude you ain't fuckin' right

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 08:32:59 AM »
"When I first got to LSU, LSU had not beaten Alabama in Baton Rouge since 1968. There was a crisis on confidence. Nobody thought that we could beat Alabama....not the players and not the fans. But then, we did beat Alabama. Now, that is the kind of mental frame of mind that we are going to create again. We've got to recruit good players. I can't win with bad players. But we are going to recruit good players, who also want to be good students and good representatives of our university, and we are going to work hard and be responsible for our own self-determination, and I'll say this: It's going to be that way again. Nobody in the country is going to want to play Alabama. Nobody is going to be able to match our conditioning, our toughness, and our relentless spirit to compete as hard as we can for 60 minutes in a game. We want our opponents to look at us and say, "There is no way that I am going to be able to withstand that." - Quote the Saban, nevermore. 

This has been posted on the Rivals national board.  Saban ain't gonna be happy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

BLS

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 09:22:11 AM »
"When I first got to LSU, LSU had not beaten Alabama in Baton Rouge since 1968. There was a crisis on confidence. Nobody thought that we could beat Alabama....not the players and not the fans. But then, we did beat Alabama. Now, that is the kind of mental frame of mind that we are going to create again. We've got to recruit good players. I can't win with bad players. But we are going to recruit good players, who also want to be good students and good representatives of our university, and we are going to work hard and be responsible for our own self-determination, and I'll say this: It's going to be that way again. Nobody in the country is going to want to play Alabama. Nobody is going to be able to match our conditioning, our toughness, and our relentless spirit to compete as hard as we can for 60 minutes in a game. We want our opponents to look at us and say, "There is no way that I am going to be able to withstand that." - Quote the Saban, nevermore. 

This has been posted on the Rivals national board.  Saban ain't gonna be happy. 

Dude has some issues, who doesn't?
I've said it before; His attitude is exactly what the program needed. It's lacked stability, leadership and confidence sine Gene Stallings left. There will be bumps and set backs along the way. It may get worse before it gets better. It's normal. I enjoy other fan bases hating on Saban. It is a round about way of proof that other fan bases, despite the humor and fun they are having, if I wasn't a Bama fan I'd do the same thing, know what he can do. He has proven it. Doesn't guarantee he'll do it at Bama but most of us like our chance and are willing to put up with his attitude. I for one whole-heartedly believe it is needed to change the thought process of the fan base and attitude of the program.
In two years, if I'm wrong, I’ll take my medicine like a man. I have no problems with owning up to being wrong.
I'm confident, at this time that I won't have to worry about that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
  • On a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 09:39:13 AM »
I enjoy other fan bases hating on Saban. It is a round about way of proof that other fan bases, despite the humor and fun they are having, if I wasn't a Bama fan I'd do the same thing, know what he can do. He has proven it.

About all he's proven since winning the trophy at LSU is that he's a colossal ass who tucks tail and runs when the chips are down.  Thus, the hilarity in his bravado.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Life can really kick your ass.  I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kickin' mine.

BLS

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 10:22:57 AM »
About all he's proven since winning the trophy at LSU is that he's a colossal ass who tucks tail and runs when the chips are down.  Thus, the hilarity in his bravado.

Leaving one job you don't like for another you prefer doesn't mean he ran because the ''chips were down'', as you are insinuating. Why do some Auburn fans find that hard to understand? I'm sure you've left one job over another for no other reason than you didn't like it. Does that mean you tuck your tail and run when the chips are down?  As far as that goes didn't your coach do the same thing to Ole Miss?
I'll agree with you that in his first year taking over a program, he didn't impress to many people. I damn sure didn't expect him to take over the world in his first year. Soon enough you'll get proof of what's to come. It started with a very good recruiting class and I don't see it stopping anytime soon.
Like I said, he's proved it before and chances are he will again.

I also agree that he is an ass. So what. I find it humorus as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 10:45:04 AM »
What I find hilarious is that Saban acts like he created a beast at LSU that "nobody wants to play."  OOohhhh, we've been so scared of the LSU team that lost 3 games every year he was there save the one with the NC.  LSU didn't turn into the giant that it is until Les Miles got there.  Whether or not you believe that should be credited to Nick Saban is subjective.   

And I'm sure that "nobody is going to want to play" the Alabama teams that have no draft picks, lose to LA Monroe, lose 6 games a year, and enjoy Eggnog in Shreveport.    :taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 11:30:11 AM »
$abban has his sights set for bigger bowls this year.  He has his players believing that it can be accomplished now that the PapaJohns.com Bowl will be accepting SEC teams.  Remember, "We bowlin', Baby, We bowlin'"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
  • On a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 12:04:13 PM »

Leaving one job you don't like for another you prefer doesn't mean he ran because the ''chips were down'', as you are insinuating. Why do some Auburn fans find that hard to understand? I'm sure you've left one job over another for no other reason than you didn't like it. Does that mean you tuck your tail and run when the chips are down?  As far as that goes didn't your coach do the same thing to Ole Miss?

Leaving Ole Miss to take the reins at Auburn = Step up (even if Auburn was in its worst condition ever).

Leaving the NFL to take the reins at Alabama (or Meeeechigan or USC or any other college program) = Step down.

See the difference?  The 'Fins were in the dumper, $aban's rep as "the man" was taking a hit, so he cut and run.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 12:16:47 PM by wesfau »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Life can really kick your ass.  I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kickin' mine.

BLS

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 03:07:38 PM »
Leaving Ole Miss to take the reins at Auburn = Step up (even if Auburn was in its worst condition ever).

Leaving the NFL to take the reins at Alabama (or Meeeechigan or USC or any other college program) = Step down.

See the difference?  The 'Fins were in the dumper, $aban's rep as "the man" was taking a hit, so he cut and run.

The only difference I see is our opinion. It's a step down in what way? Money, fame, stature?
 He did not like the NFL. He prefers college coaching. I've heard other coaches say the same things. Add what ever you like or insert whatever opinion you want to it.  He said he didn't enjoy a lot of the aspects of the NFL.  I choose to believe him on that.

townhallsavoy, say what you want about LSU, Saban coached them to a championship while he was there and Miles enjoyed the luxury of some quality talent Saban left there for Miles to work with. That is certainly a fact that no one can deny. Even Miles himself credited Saban for the talent of the players he inherited,
so saying it is subjective as to weather Saban was responsible for a big portion of LSU's success is BS. In fact his recruiting classes are directly responsible for two championships at LSU.

Of course no one should be afraid to play a first year coach who brought in a new staff and is in his first year at the helm of a new job. You know better than to expect any coach to over come that. I certainly do.
How do you turn a program around? You start from the ground up and it starts with better talent. He's doing that. It also takes time. It's been one year.  How long have you guys had? 10. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 05:25:34 PM »

townhallsavoy, say what you want about LSU, Saban coached them to a championship while he was there and Miles enjoyed the luxury of some quality talent Saban left there for Miles to work with. That is certainly a fact that no one can deny. Even Miles himself credited Saban for the talent of the players he inherited,
so saying it is subjective as to weather Saban was responsible for a big portion of LSU's success is BS. In fact his recruiting classes are directly responsible for two championships at LSU.

Alabama's first three records after Paul Bryant retired - (8-4) (5-6) (9-2). 

Florida's first three records after Steve Spurrier left for the NFL - (8-5) (8-5) (7-5).

Miami's first three records after Dennis Erikson left - (8-3) (9-3) (5-6).

LSU's first three records after Nick Saban left - (11-2) (11-2) (12-2 NC).

The common trend is for teams to downgrade after their legendary coach leaves.  However, in Les Miles's case, he actually performed much better than his predecessor.  Might this be attributed to the good players at LSU?  Sure.  But the fact is, Les Miles has performed better than Nick Saban with Nick Saban's players. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BLS

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 06:35:36 PM »
Alabama's first three records after Paul Bryant retired - (8-4) (5-6) (9-2). 

Florida's first three records after Steve Spurrier left for the NFL - (8-5) (8-5) (7-5).

Miami's first three records after Dennis Erikson left - (8-3) (9-3) (5-6).

LSU's first three records after Nick Saban left - (11-2) (11-2) (12-2 NC).

The common trend is for teams to downgrade after their legendary coach leaves.  However, in Les Miles's case, he actually performed much better than his predecessor.  Might this be attributed to the good players at LSU?  Sure.  But the fact is, Les Miles has performed better than Nick Saban with Nick Saban's players. 

I don't know if Saban would be considered a legendary coach.

Miles has done a fine job. I'm not downplaying his accomplishments. Dude has some hardware in the trophy case next to Saban's but for you to say that Saban didn't have any responsibility or credibility to the success that Miles has enjoyed and it is subjective is not true. Had he stayed he would have notched his second championship title at LSU.

I'll take Saban any day of the week as a coach. Everyone is very quick to criticize him for one single season at Bama. He's already done something no one expected coming off a 7 and 6 season. Does it matter that he used early playtime? Hell no it doesn't. It's the end results that matter and this thing has just started. It's the first step and in due time most of you guys will hate him even more.
I understand the hate. Doesn't bother me because he deserves a lot of the criticism he gets. I don't think he cares either. What will bother me is if he doesn't produce a respectable team that competes year in and year out. I'm willing to give him the time it takes to do that. Until then, I’m cool. I'll address it when that time comes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 06:47:16 PM »

I don't know if Saban would be considered a legendary coach.

Miles has done a fine job. I'm not downplaying his accomplishments. Dude has some hardware in the trophy case next to Saban's but for you to say that Saban didn't have any responsibility or credibility to the success that Miles has enjoyed and it is subjective is not true. Had he stayed he would have notched his second championship title at LSU.

I'll take Saban any day of the week as a coach. Everyone is very quick to criticize him for one single season at Bama. He's already done something no one expected coming off a 7 and 6 season. Does it matter that he used early playtime? Hell no it doesn't. It's the end results that matter and this thing has just started. It's the first step and in due time most of you guys will hate him even more.
I understand the hate. Doesn't bother me because he deserves a lot of the criticism he gets. I don't think he cares either. What will bother me is if he doesn't produce a respectable team that competes year in and year out. I'm willing to give him the time it takes to do that. Until then, I’m cool. I'll address it when that time comes.

"for you to say that Saban didn't have any responsibility or credibility to the success that Miles has enjoyed and it is subjective is not true. Had he stayed he would have notched his second championship title at LSU."

No he wouldn't have.  Saban would have gone 6-6 every year and been forced to resign after 2007. 

See how easy that is?  Nick Saban's coaching record has DECLINED since his championship season.  He lost 3 games in 2004 (typical for a Saban coached team) and then had a mediocre career in the NFL.  Follow that up with a 7-6 season at Alabama, and Nick Saban's statements carry zero weight outside of the Crimson Tide faithful. 

For all we know, if it weren't for Les Miles, Nick Saban's 9-3 season would have been followed by an 8-4 season.  Thanks to Miles, LSU was able to rebuild and go 11-2.  According to the numbers, Miles actually fixed the LSU program. 

It's subjective. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BLS

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 07:28:02 PM »
:rofl:
Well thank goodness Miles rebuilt that pathetic program that Saban left LSU with.   :rofl:

What the hell does Saban's record in the NFL have to do with any of this? Not a damn thing. You can use the man's first year as a gauge if you want but you know that's bullshit to.

Here's Lester Edwin’s record before he got to a talent rich LSU team that Saban left him with.

Oklahoma State Cowboys (Big 12 Conference) (2001 – 2004)
2001 Oklahoma State 4–7 2–6 5 - South   
2002 Oklahoma State 8–5 5–3 4 - South W 33–23 Houston   
2003 Oklahoma State 9–4 5–3 3 - South L 31–28 Cotton   
2004 Oklahoma State 7–5 4–4 5 - South L 33–7 Alamo   
Oklahoma State: 28–21 16–16

Notice that first year    4 - 7 Is it fair to say that is any indication as to what to expect from him or he's bound to be no better than that?  Also take note of the last year. 7 - 5. Out of three bowls he has two losses and a 28- 21 record. Did he magically become a better coach all of a sudden?  Yea right     :taunt:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 08:11:27 PM »
:rofl:
Well thank goodness Miles rebuilt that pathetic program that Saban left LSU with.   :rofl:

What the hell does Saban's record in the NFL have to do with any of this? Not a damn thing. You can use the man's first year as a gauge if you want but you know that's bullshit to.

Here's Lester Edwin’s record before he got to a talent rich LSU team that Saban left him with.

Oklahoma State Cowboys (Big 12 Conference) (2001 – 2004)
2001 Oklahoma State 4–7 2–6 5 - South   
2002 Oklahoma State 8–5 5–3 4 - South W 33–23 Houston   
2003 Oklahoma State 9–4 5–3 3 - South L 31–28 Cotton   
2004 Oklahoma State 7–5 4–4 5 - South L 33–7 Alamo   
Oklahoma State: 28–21 16–16

Notice that first year    4 - 7 Is it fair to say that is any indication as to what to expect from him or he's bound to be no better than that?  Also take note of the last year. 7 - 5. Out of three bowls he has two losses and a 28- 21 record. Did he magically become a better coach all of a sudden?  Yea right     :taunt:

NOW you're acting like a bammer.
I knew that charade couldn't last long.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BLS

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2008, 09:24:45 PM »
NOW you're acting like a bammer.
I knew that charade couldn't last long.

I don't know what you expect. I really don't.
As long as I keep my mouth shut when some one pushes the issues of how much a piece of shit Saban is or his 7 and 6 record in the first year I'm not a bammer.  I have tried to keep it toned down and respond properly. You help me out here. Tell me where I went too far or what I did that was improper. I guess by defending my opinion it automatically damned me to acting like a bammer. I like it here but man if it means that I can stand a little ground once in a while then what the hell fun is for me to be here?

AUChizard, with all due respects, do you or did you expect me to not reply and engage in some of the topics concerning Bama or Saban? I realize you guys hate him and despise anyone who would defend him. I'm sorry but I am a Bama fan. That's what some do sometimes. What do you expect me to do? It's what you would do for your coach or team.
I'm trying to be as respectable as I can. This is your house and I respect it. I'm trying very hard to not be disrespectful.

Of course some of it is going to get heated from time to time but I would hardly call this heated, over the line or anything else other than equal responses to what THS was putting up.
I really am sorry you feel that way but I don't know how to enjoy this board if I can't stand by my opinion and be allowed to speak my mind and defend my position as others can.

Again, all apologies for whatever line I crossed or whatever it was I did that was unacceptable. I started to get a little comfortable here and thought I could enjoy the freedom to maybe stand up a little. That was a mistake.
Sorry about that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2008, 12:14:39 AM »
Just because you're a bammer doesn't mean that you can't state your opinions.  I agree that, so far, you've been Very level headed about most of the topics and defending something that you think is right, doesn't mean that it's not a level headed post.
As for you being a bammer fan.....Booooooo!!!!!  Hisssssss!! Hisssssss!!!! The Devil Shall LEAVE This Place....Be GONE!!!! DEVIL!!!!!!

:poke:

Oh yeah.... :fu: , Chicken Fucker

Now prepare for your lashings, for being a bammer fan, and stating your opinions...We will have none of that on this unbiased message board, lol... :s&m:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 12:30:24 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2008, 03:16:53 AM »
Yeah...what Prowler said.

Censorship is the last thing we're about here.

Just saying, that post was the first indication of a typical bama fan argument made by you in your tenure here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions