Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Crimson Caravan in Huntsville.....*Key Board Warning*

Re: Crimson Caravan in Huntsville.....*Key Board Warning*
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2008, 10:57:48 AM »
:rofl:
Well thank goodness Miles rebuilt that pathetic program that Saban left LSU with.   :rofl:

What the hell does Saban's record in the NFL have to do with any of this? Not a damn thing. You can use the man's first year as a gauge if you want but you know that's bullshit to.

Here's Lester Edwin’s record before he got to a talent rich LSU team that Saban left him with.

Oklahoma State Cowboys (Big 12 Conference) (2001 – 2004)
2001 Oklahoma State 4–7 2–6 5 - South   
2002 Oklahoma State 8–5 5–3 4 - South W 33–23 Houston   
2003 Oklahoma State 9–4 5–3 3 - South L 31–28 Cotton   
2004 Oklahoma State 7–5 4–4 5 - South L 33–7 Alamo   
Oklahoma State: 28–21 16–16

Notice that first year    4 - 7 Is it fair to say that is any indication as to what to expect from him or he's bound to be no better than that?  Also take note of the last year. 7 - 5. Out of three bowls he has two losses and a 28- 21 record. Did he magically become a better coach all of a sudden?  Yea right     :taunt:

BLS, here's the issue: According to Saban's performances in the years after the 2003 season, he has not shown the same level of coaching ability. 

Also - back to my original point - I never said it had nothing to do with Nick Saban.  Whether or not LSU's success should be credited to Saban in any way is purely subjective.  It works both ways - he recruited so well that Miles couldn't lose/Nick Saban's recruiting had no factor in LSU's current status. 

HOWEVER.  According to the numbers.  According to something that is actually tangible - not just Rivals recruiting rankings.  Nick Saban performed WORSE with his own players than Les Miles has.  Les Miles has not won less than 11 games since taking over the LSU program.  Think about that.

Now, if Saban created a beast that "nobody wanted to play," why in the hell did he lose 3 games every year but one?  LSU may have been a good football team with Saban there, but it did not become the powerhouse that it is now until Les Miles got there.  You absolutely can't refute that unless you have a subjective opinion on the recruiting that Saban did while he was there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

BLS

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2008, 08:54:59 PM »
Prowler,.........  :fu:         I love you too bitch!       :moon:
Seriously, thanks for seeing my attempt to try. I thought I was doing a pretty good job of not being an asshole or '' typical bammer''. I don't want that shit to get started here. I appreciate it. I just might make you my bitch before it's over.   :rofl:

Just kidding bro!  Appreciate it.   :flag:

AUChizard, dude like I said, what the hell do you expect? I'm serious when I asked if you would point out or show me what difference my response was to what THS was serving? What was it that turned it into a ''typical Bammer'' response? Where?
Maybe I don't see something you do? Don't mistake this for trying to be smart assed. It definitely ain't that.
I want to know the difference between what THS was saying and doing versus what I was saying and doing. Show me the difference.
I've been having a great time here. You guys run a fucking unique and damn sure fun site. Even for an outsider like me. I'm trying to understand something here.

I'm going to answer THS. I hope to hell it meets with approval.  :flag:

townhallsavoy, here is your quote,
''BLS, here's the issue: According to Saban's performances in the years after the 2003 season, he has not shown the same level of coaching ability''.

Saban won the championship in ''03''', by your accounts then he's coach exactly TWO season in the college ranks.
The first being ''04 '' at LSU where he went 9 - 3. That record is credible and can be justifiably used. After a championship season I hardly find that to be less than successful.  How many coaches have back to backs? Pete Caroll lost 2 after the championship and he's in the pac 10. Saban's next season was 3 years later! His first year at Alabama. Last year. A new job, staff, players and everything else to go with it. So that's 1 year after a championship and 3 years later his first year on a new job. You want to use that stat to make a statement about the performance of his coaching ability? That's bullshit. You know that.
Since I'm the ''typical Bammer'' I suppose it's fair for YOU to make that assessment.
You still didn't address the record Miles had before coming to LSU. 4 - 7 to start 7-5 to finish. Is that a fair assesment?
At least Miles had the luxury of being at the same place to garner those records. Something you are not willing to afford Saban. But that's cool.

I'm sure we will see soon enough how Miles does after his championship season this year with ''his'' own players. I look forward to it.

I hope I don't offend any one. I don't know any other way to say what I just said.

:flag:
 :gig:

« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 09:06:53 PM by BLS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2008, 10:10:26 PM »
I hope I don't offend any one.

The beauty of this forum is nobody gives a damn if you offend someone. We'll all be on the receiving end from time to time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2008, 11:21:15 PM »
Prowler,.........  :fu:         I love you too bitch!       :moon:
Seriously, thanks for seeing my attempt to try. I thought I was doing a pretty good job of not being an asshole or '' typical bammer''. I don't want that shit to get started here. I appreciate it. I just might make you my bitch before it's over.   :rofl:

Just kidding bro!  Appreciate it.   :flag:

AUChizard, dude like I said, what the hell do you expect? I'm serious when I asked if you would point out or show me what difference my response was to what THS was serving? What was it that turned it into a ''typical Bammer'' response? Where?
Maybe I don't see something you do? Don't mistake this for trying to be smart assed. It definitely ain't that.
I want to know the difference between what THS was saying and doing versus what I was saying and doing. Show me the difference.
I've been having a great time here. You guys run a fucking unique and damn sure fun site. Even for an outsider like me. I'm trying to understand something here.

I'm going to answer THS. I hope to hell it meets with approval.  :flag:

townhallsavoy, here is your quote,
''BLS, here's the issue: According to Saban's performances in the years after the 2003 season, he has not shown the same level of coaching ability''.

Saban won the championship in ''03''', by your accounts then he's coach exactly TWO season in the college ranks.
The first being ''04 '' at LSU where he went 9 - 3. That record is credible and can be justifiably used. After a championship season I hardly find that to be less than successful.  How many coaches have back to backs? Pete Caroll lost 2 after the championship and he's in the pac 10. Saban's next season was 3 years later! His first year at Alabama. Last year. A new job, staff, players and everything else to go with it. So that's 1 year after a championship and 3 years later his first year on a new job. You want to use that stat to make a statement about the performance of his coaching ability? That's bullshit. You know that.
Since I'm the ''typical Bammer'' I suppose it's fair for YOU to make that assessment.
You still didn't address the record Miles had before coming to LSU. 4 - 7 to start 7-5 to finish. Is that a fair assesment?
At least Miles had the luxury of being at the same place to garner those records. Something you are not willing to afford Saban. But that's cool.

I'm sure we will see soon enough how Miles does after his championship season this year with ''his'' own players. I look forward to it.

I hope I don't offend any one. I don't know any other way to say what I just said.

:flag:
 :gig:

Okay, let's make Les Miles' tenure at Oklahoma State relevant:

Based on the recent history of Les Miles' performances vs Nick Saban's performances, Nick Saban would have had less successful seasons at Oklahoma State. 

How can I make this assessment?  Simple - Nick Saban lost an average of three games per year while at LSU and only won more than 10 games once.  Les Miles, who took over the program that you credit to Nick Saban, has not lost more than 2 games and has not won less than 11 games. 

You know what?  That's fine.  Credit LSU's level of talent to Nick Saban.  There's still no way to refute the fact that Les Miles has done better at LSU than Nick Saban did.  You can attempt to predict the future if you'd like, but that's back to the original problematic word "subjective." 

Also, your decision to ignore Saban's tenure in the NFL is entirely up to you.  However, let me just say that it DID happen, and even though Saban might have had a rough team to deal with, the Miami Dolphins were on a downward spiral with him as the head coach.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BLS

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2008, 10:39:34 AM »
I'm not discounting Saban's tenure in the NFL.  Your comparing apples to oranges by trying to use his record in the NFL on a college level. Your also distorting it by taking Saban's first year on a new job to prove his coaching abilities are declining. You use two seasons in a 4-year span, one of which was a first year gig. To be fair let's take 4 years at one spot for both coaches with each having his own players. That's as fair as can be.

Using your logic on Saban's 4 year record at LSU , (first year 8-4 last year 9-3, with one championship)

I applied the same logic to Miles record at OK St. where he had ''his'' players, not a loaded team at LSU. Miles' comparison was worse. First year 4-7 last year 7-4.  Is it fair or even accurate to use the OK.St. numbers as an indication of what to expect from Miles? Of course not. Nor is it fair to use NFL and one year at Alabama to base a decline in Saban's coaching.
I said it already; Miles has done well at LSU. Some of it is credited to some of the talent Saban left. All the ''experts'' would agree that Saban left a wealth of talent for Miles to enjoy. Miles has done a great job with them.

If you take both career records they each average 2 losses a year and both of them have 1 championship apiece. Not much difference. The only advantage I could give would be Saban's responsibility for having his recruits being part of 2 championships. Miles did coach them for the second one but Saban did bring them to LSU.

I personally believe things will change soon at LSU and Alabama. I'm sure most will disagree with it but, it's all good. We could debate that all day long. Only time will prove it.

LSU has enjoyed some great success. Seems that the fans would appreciate the shape It was left in.
I know one thing that is certain. When Saban does leave, Alabama will be in much better shape than it was when he got here. If he does for us what he did for LSU I will be more than happy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2008, 11:08:28 AM »
Why don't the two of you just meet somewhere and settle this like men, or boys, or kids, or whatever the hell you are, because this thread reminds me of one that would be on another site.  IT'S FUCKING BORING!!! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2008, 07:09:52 PM »
Why don't the two of you just meet somewhere and settle this like men, or boys, or kids, or whatever the hell you are, because this thread reminds me of one that would be on another site.  IT'S FUCKING BORING!!! 

Wow, good job logging on just to ridicule a thread on a message board.  You really must be bored.  Has the woman eating a banana picture quit working for you during your jack off times?  I suggest finding some new material because I can guarantee being an internet asshole is going to lose its entertainment a lot quicker than jerking off. 

In other words, don't read the thread if it bores you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BLS

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2008, 09:18:06 PM »
Wow, good job logging on just to ridicule a thread on a message board. 

In other words, don't read the thread if it bores you. 

townshall, we might not be able to agree on somethings but we can definitely agree on this one.    :thumbsup:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2008, 10:40:34 PM »
I don't give a shit if you respond to a thread by saying, "Saban Ruwles, 43,325 National Championships, etc... etc..."  As long as you have good arguments occasionally and have fun its all good.  Regarding offending everyone, it doesnt matter.  Fuck everyone  :fu: This forum is all about fun, its not about what particular forum a thread should go in or how big someones E-penis is...which mine is massive by the way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2008, 11:43:13 PM »
Mine's Fuckin' BIGGER......Goddamn it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2008, 12:28:03 AM »
I love how townhall's panties are so far up his own asscrack that he can't see himself in the mirror through the pink cotton threads.  If he could, he'd see the big gaping asshole staring him in the eye.

Congrats on trying to spread "reason" to ssgaufan.  Almost worked.

..Oh...and ss...

Keep those pics comin'!   :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2008, 12:49:45 AM »
Guy's I'm out of the country for 4 days and I missed all this fun! Nice thread so far, Its good to have some rival fans on here to discuss football :clap: No one is going to be offended over here, so everyone go fist your dog and fuck off
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2008, 08:38:59 AM »
so everyone go fist your dog and fuck off
Again?  My dog runs every time he sees me now. :sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2008, 09:15:28 AM »
Wooo Hooo!  I'm an internet asshole!   :wave:

Townhall, I didn't log in just to make that statement, I check this board quite often.  Also, I read threads because on this board they tend to get hijacked with some funny shit, your shit wasn't funny.  That is all I was saying, next time don't take your internet self so seriously.   :sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2008, 09:27:58 AM »

Townhall, I didn't log in just to make that statement, I check this board quite often.  Also, I read threads because on this board they tend to get hijacked with some funny shit, your shit wasn't funny.  That is all I was saying, next time don't take your internet self so seriously.   :sad:

Moral? - If you are going to hijack, better make that shit funny, yo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2008, 10:32:42 AM »
I E-jacked off this weekend to one of the threads in the Concourse.  My E-penis was so sore afterwards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

BLS

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2008, 11:16:43 AM »
I E-jacked off this weekend to one of the threads in the Concourse.  My E-penis was so sore afterwards.

I got an E job from one of the biker chicks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2008, 12:04:21 PM »
I think you should all go fist a dog.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2008, 12:14:04 PM »
I think you should all go fist a dog.
Everybody?  Hope its a Great Dane....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2008, 03:21:03 PM »

I don't like the tone of this thread.
You'd better start rambling about something incoherent and completely unrelated to prior posts or you'll get the hammer.
Gay themed hijacks are preferred.
 :fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions