Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Xbox1

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: 720 in the pipeline????
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 01:47:50 PM »
Found this snippet very interesting.

UK games industry outlet MCV has reported that both the next Xbox AND the PlayStation 4 will be shown at this year's E3 in June.

This isn't the first time that a publication has cited an unnamed source with information like this, but this isn't some unknown central European games blog - MCV's credibilty makes this particular report worth paying attention to.

Speaking on Twitter, MCV's online editor Ben Parfitt said "Obviously we can't reveal our sources. But you have my personal word on this - the source is exemplary, 100% concrete, ultra high level."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 02:11:17 PM »
Ultra high level?  So his source is Snoop Dogg?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 06:44:26 PM »
So you're saying I need to start saving for Christmas 2013.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2012, 10:55:32 AM »
So you're saying I need to start saving for Christmas 2013.

Starting to sound that way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 02:39:36 PM »
The chipset for a next generation Xbox console has been in production since last month, and will go into full production by the end of the year, according to technology news reports.

Tech site Fudzilla states, "Recent speculation that the new main System on a Chip (SoC) for the Next Xbox began production is apparently accurate; the SoC did indeed start production in late December of 2011. Sources tell us that the code name for the chip is Oban, and it is being produced by both IBM and Global Foundries for Microsoft."

The report goes on to claim that, "the power behind the next Xbox will be a PowerPC CPU that is married to an ATI Southern Islands GPU, or modified 7000 series." It adds that the console is unlikely to ship at the end of 2012, with full production gearing in December of this year.

"This first run of these 32nm Oban chips will be destined for developer consoles, so any hope for a holiday console release in 2012 seems unrealistic, according to our sources, but an announcement perhaps before the end of the year might be possible. It would seem Microsoft's strategy of getting it in 2013 is all but assured. We do think that the chips will be in production by the end of the year for consoles destined to be sold in 2013, which seems to agree with what others are saying."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 04:21:48 PM »

Need to start saving now.  It's probably going to cost around $1000.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Vandy Vol

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 02:28:52 AM »
Need to start saving now.  It's probably going to cost around $1000.

I would guess $400 - $500, especially if they have "premium" systems with better specs than the lesser systems.  The chips that they are using in the 720 are miles ahead of what's in the 360, but they're not some brand new uber technology that was created from scratch just for the 720 within the last few months; the chipset is actually an improved modification to an already-existing chipset (AMD's 6000 series) that costs about $80.

All of the reports that I can find suggest that the 720 will be smaller and cheaper to produce than the 360.  Of course, because it's the "next big thing," it will likely be priced higher than the 360 despite being cheaper to produce, but I imagine it won't be overpriced by too much more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 07:49:01 AM »
Following initial reports from tech blogs Fudzilla and SemiAccurate, our sources have confirmed that mass production of the system's GPU will indeed begin by the end of 2012 but will not, however, be based on AMD's 7000 series Southern Islands GPU. Instead, the processor will be derived from the 6000 series, which was introduced last year. More specifically, it will be akin to the Radeon HD 6670, which offers support for DirectX11, multidisplay output, 3D and 1080p HD output. The chip currently has a market price of upwards of $79.99.

In real terms, the Xbox 720's raw graphics processing power is expected to be six times that of the Xbox 360 and will yield 20-percent greater performance than Nintendo's forthcoming console, the Wii U.

Developers are likely to receive development kits based on the system's final configuration in August. Projected pricing for the console was not provided.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2012, 09:35:52 AM »
I would guess $400 - $500, especially if they have "premium" systems with better specs than the lesser systems.  The chips that they are using in the 720 are miles ahead of what's in the 360, but they're not some brand new uber technology that was created from scratch just for the 720 within the last few months; the chipset is actually an improved modification to an already-existing chipset (AMD's 6000 series) that costs about $80.

All of the reports that I can find suggest that the 720 will be smaller and cheaper to produce than the 360.  Of course, because it's the "next big thing," it will likely be priced higher than the 360 despite being cheaper to produce, but I imagine it won't be overpriced by too much more.

So basically what you are saying is, we should use more LEDs...right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2012, 12:44:37 PM »
So basically what you are saying is, we should use more LEDs...right?

If they use more LEDs, it's destined to be a cancer box.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2012, 03:41:03 PM »
In real terms, the Xbox 720's raw graphics processing power is expected to be six times that of the Xbox 360 and will yield 20-percent greater performance than Nintendo's forthcoming console, the Wii U.

You know what I would enjoy...hey game manufacturers make the same games for the fucking PC. 

My computer would spit out and then skull fuck two 720's.  With windows live supposedly allowing the upcoming Windows 8 users to play against 360 users, maybe I could ball with some of you playas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2012, 07:02:33 AM »
While I back up the salt truck, consider a new report coming to us by way of CVG. If we are to believe the rumors of this super-secret developer meeting that MS hosted in London, then the next rumor is that shortly after said meeting select devs received their Durango (current next Xbox code name) development kits. And the processor said to be powering everything is nothing less than a sixteen-core IBM PowerPC processor. That is an impressive figure. It's even more impressive when you consider the fact that the CPU is even "future-tech" to the highest-end PCs currently on the consumer market. Does this mean that the next Xbox might (albeit for a limited time) be more powerful than consumer PCs when it's released? That would be a feat, for sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2012, 08:06:47 AM »
Concept for the XBox 1440.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2012, 08:10:12 AM »
I would rather us be to this point.....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2012, 09:57:41 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen the new xbox will be slightly larger due to its increased hard drive and power.  It will also come with cruise control.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2012, 12:25:02 PM »
I would rather us be to this point.....

I tried to get Wench into that show, be she hated it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2012, 05:30:28 PM »
I tried to get Wench into that show, be she hated it.

Watched the whole thing, start to finish while I was housebound for a while.   

It had its moments.  Wasn't the greatest thing ever.  If I'd had to wait weeks to see the next episode (or in some cases years between seasons) I don't know that I would have hung with it.

I understand people who immerse themselves in the spiritual debate it attempted to create, but I failed to see the layers and layers of depth that some people found in it. 

If I'm listing best television series of all time it probably sits outside the Top Ten but is at least taking a peek. 

And on that note:

1) The Sopranos
2) The Andy Griffith Show (B&W only)
3) Law & Order (the collective ranked SVU, CI, Original)
4) The Office (until Mike left)
5) Frasier
6) Dead Like Me
7) Oz
8) Miami Vice
9) News Radio/WKRP
10) SNL
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2012, 12:01:01 PM »
8) Miami Vice

These guys perciate' the plug...and agree.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2012, 12:09:24 PM »
These guys perciate' the plug...and agree.

That show was important to me for a variety of reasons.  My list of the ten best series of all time includes it because it is a part of one of my transition periods.

It's a little like Nirvana's Nevermind album in that it changed the way everybody did everything from that point out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2012, 12:14:08 PM »
That show was important to me for a variety of reasons.  My list of the ten best series of all time includes it because it is a part of one of my transition periods.

It's a little like Nirvana's Nevermind album in that it changed the way everybody did everything from that point out.

Agreed.  That show was bad ass and something I looked forward to every week...especially the opening where the girls titties were bouncing.  Always a great guest star on as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."