Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Not so good news

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Not so good news
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2011, 03:02:30 PM »
We in the biz even use the terms bail and bond improproperly at time.

Robbery 1 means deadly weapon was used.  These lads have bigger probs than where they may play football in the future.  They goin' down the road.

True. IF THERE WAS ONLY One eye witness. No gun. No stolen articles. They might stand a chance.

But red-handed is more than just an expression here.

edited  The implied if went right past one of our posters. Apparently it just made his day to be able to profess his mental superiority. Whatever.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 03:33:02 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2011, 03:03:07 PM »
The real question:

Did Cam know?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2011, 03:03:47 PM »
The real question:

Did Cam know?

I feel so dirty. I laughed heartily at that one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2011, 03:06:06 PM »
The real question:

Did Cam know?
No but he was in the room
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2011, 03:06:35 PM »
I guess this proves we weren't paying them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2011, 03:07:58 PM »
No but he was in the room

There are tapes.  Someone with the initials SM has them being sent to him now....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2011, 03:09:34 PM »
True. One eye witness. No gun. No stolen articles. They might stand a chance.

Didn't read the article did you?

Officers stopped the vehicle in the 1200 block of Wire Road and four suspects were taken into custody.  A pistol and the stolen property was recovered at the scene
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2011, 03:11:13 PM »
These guys were starters/competing for starting jobs.  They had EVERYTHING in front of them.  I cannot FATHOM a level of stupidity this deep.

What a fuckup of monumental proportions.

I am horrified that these four obviously turned their backs on the efforts of our coaching staff to create men of good character.  Fantastic job, Coach Chiz, for not even waiting five seconds before dismissing their sorry asses from the team.  They should not even receive their BCSNC ring, as far as I am concerned.

I should go back and edit that list. That is Mike McNeil instead. Regardless though, I totally agree with. HOW FUCKING STUPID, son of a bitch I can not stress this enough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2011, 03:13:09 PM »
Didn't read the article did you?
Missed the implied "IF", huh?

It's all in the inflection.

I also hear one of the witnesses heard this as they drove away:

"Just shut up and drive white boy".
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 03:14:23 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2011, 03:13:29 PM »
I guess this proves we weren't paying them.

Holy shit, I thought the same damn thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2011, 03:15:02 PM »
Ok 2 questions. Do their Schollys get revoked? if so Does that open up four more?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Homer Samford

« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2011, 03:15:33 PM »
And Chizik wastes no time. They are gone!

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/03/four_auburn_football_players_a.html

Chizik said: "The players arrested in connection with this deeply troubling incident have been permanently dismissed from our football team.  While we realize the legal process will run its course and these young men have a right for their case to be heard, playing for Auburn University is an honor and a privilege. It is not a right.

"We hold our student-athletes to a high standard of conduct on and off the field as representatives of Auburn University, and this kind of behavior is not tolerated.

"I am extremely disappointed and embarrassed by the actions of these individuals. I want to personally apologize to all of those who were impacted by this senseless act, including the victims, Auburn University and the Auburn family."

Athletics Directors Jay Jacobs said: "This type of behavior will not be tolerated at Auburn. I fully support Coach Chizik's swift and decisive action to dismiss these four student-athletes from our football team effective immediately."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2011, 03:16:36 PM »
This really does make me sick. 

I mean, what is the motivation for doing this?  You're college football players.  Every one of them had a chance to make it to the NFL.  Everyone one of the had the chance to get a degree from a great university and build their lives without the need for violence and theft.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2011, 03:19:07 PM »
With the money we are paying our players....geez

They couldnt call Uncles Bobby or Milton for a payday advance?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2011, 03:19:55 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Homer Samford

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2011, 03:20:32 PM »
These young men have made a terrible mistake. Safe to say it's probably not their first, but we can all hope it's their last or that this at least redirects their paths in life to a better ending.

I applaud Chizik for his stance and you all should too. THAT is something to be proud of. Don't let trolls piss on your pride for this either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2011, 03:20:39 PM »
This really does make me sick. 

I mean, what is the motivation for doing this?  You're college football players.  Every one of them had a chance to make it to the NFL.  Everyone one of the had the chance to get a degree from a great university and build their lives without the need for violence and theft.

I'm still holding out hope for at least one of them.

It's the scientology in me!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2011, 03:21:50 PM »
is there an echo in here?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

djsimp

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2011, 03:23:19 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2011, 03:25:24 PM »
Missed the implied "IF", huh?

It's all in the inflection.

I also hear one of the witnesses heard this as they drove away:

"Just shut up and drive white boy".

I'm sure this post makes sense in your addled brain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.