Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Not so good news

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Not so good news
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 02:44:09 PM »
Then doesn't that make bail 10x that amount?  Me thinks that rivals does know the difference.  The bond is typically 10% of what bail is set at.  Correct?

Still a lot no matter.

I suspect we were just making room on the roster.  This is a more clean way to deal with the problem in lieu of "medical hardships".

Folks think the terms are inter-changeable.

Anyway. They might want to get comfortable. $5110 is hard to come by.

Either way, some DIV 2 school is about to get a nice upgrade..............in a few years.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 02:45:43 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2011, 02:48:28 PM »
What the fuck were these guys thinking. F.U.C.K.I.N.G stupid!

http://www2.oanow.com/blogs/aublog/2011/mar/11/police-4-au-players-arrested-connection-robbery-ar-1568390/

Police: 4 AU players arrested in connection with robbery

By: David Morrison
March 11, 2011 1:30 PM

Here's the Auburn Police Department statement. More on this as it becomes available:

On Friday, March 11, 2011, the Auburn Police Division arrested four people and charged each of them with five counts of Robbery 1st Degree, one count of Burglary 1st Degree, and one count of Theft of Property 3rd Degree.  They are identified as Antonio M. Goodwin, age 20, Kowaski Q. Kitchens, age 19, Michael A. McNeil, age 22, and Harrison D. Mosley, age 19.  All list an Auburn address.  At approximately 12:25 a.m. this same date officers responded to a residence located in the 2300 block of Lee Road 137 (Wire Road) in reference to the report of a robbery that had just occurred.  According to the five victims present, three black males entered the residence with one displaying a handgun.  Personal property was stolen during the incident.  No injuries were reported.  A patrolman responding to the area observed what he believed to be the suspect vehicle based on a description he was given.  Officers stopped the vehicle in the 1200 block of Wire Road and four suspects were taken into custody.  A pistol and the stolen property was recovered at the scene.  Goodwin, Kitchens, McNeil, and Mosley were transported to the Lee County Detention Center where each is currently being held on a $511,000 bond.

Here's head coach Gene Chizik's statement:

"The players arrested in connection with this deeply troubling incident have been permanently dismissed from our football team.  While we realize the legal process will run its course and these young men have a right for their case to be heard, playing for Auburn University is an honor and a privilege. It is not a right."

“We hold our student-athletes to a high standard of conduct on and off the field as representatives of Auburn University, and this kind of behavior is not tolerated."

“I am extremely disappointed and embarrassed by the actions of these individuals. I want to personally apologize to all of those who were impacted by this senseless act, including the victims, Auburn University and the Auburn family.”

And a statement from athletic director Jay Jacobs:

“This type of behavior will not be tolerated at Auburn. I fully support Coach Chizik’s swift and decisive action to dismiss these four student-athletes from our football team effective immediately.”
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 02:52:18 PM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 02:50:21 PM »
The victim had it coming. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2011, 02:51:47 PM »
Chizik just dismissed the players from the team, playing at Auburn is a privilege.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2011, 02:52:29 PM »

Either way, some DIV 2 school is about to get a nice upgrade..............in a few years.

Sports By Brooks is reporting that Mark Richt was seen at the Lee County Judicial Center and had offered all four players scholarships to uga.

Richt was quoted as saying: "This is the type of go-getters we like at uga.  All four can enroll, go through spring training & start immediately next year."

WDE
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2011, 02:53:20 PM »
The laws are medieval down here. Do you know what the minimum age for execution is in Alabama?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2011, 02:54:38 PM »
Don't get me wrong, there is NOTHING HERE to be proud of....

However...

The rest of college football could take a lesson in this decisive and quick action.  This was swift and excellent move.  Kudos for Chizik in making it very clear that AU Football has no use for this type of character.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 02:55:02 PM »
What the fuck were these guys thinking. F.U.C.K.I.N.G stupid!

http://www2.oanow.com/blogs/aublog/2011/mar/11/police-4-au-players-arrested-connection-robbery-ar-1568390/

What? No ice cream? At least suspend them for half a game.

Seriously though, this is BAAAAAAADDDDD stuff. Armed robbery is the worst. And they just randomly picked a house to rob? When the final story comes out, somebody got their feeling hurt and decided to retaliate. Well, joke backfired, it seems.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2011, 02:55:10 PM »
Sports By Brooks is reporting that Mark Richt was seen at the Lee County Judicial Center and had offered all four players scholarships to uga.

Richt was quoted as saying: "This is the type of go-getters we like at uga.  All four can enroll, go through spring training & start immediately next year."

WDE
:bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2011, 02:55:40 PM »
DON'T DO THAT CRACKA, YOU'LL GET 5 - 10!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2011, 02:56:18 PM »
The laws are medieval down here. Do you know what the minimum age for execution is in Alabama?

I had to sentence boys younger than them to the gas chamber.  Didn't want to do it.  Felt like I owed it to them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2011, 02:57:29 PM »
What? No ice cream? At least suspend them for half a game.

Seriously though, this is BAAAAAAADDDDD stuff. Armed robbery is the worst. And they just randomly picked a house to rob? When the final story comes out, somebody got their feeling hurt and decided to retaliate. Well, joke backfired, it seems.

Yeah, to heck with foozball, they're looking at some serious shit here. Hey Snaggle, you up for the challenge?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2011, 02:57:53 PM »
I had to sentence boys younger than them to the gas chamber.  Didn't want to do it.  Felt like I owed it to them.

You'll get nothing and LIKE it, Spalding!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2011, 02:58:21 PM »
Yeah, to heck with foozball, they're looking at some serious shit here. Hey Snaggle, you up for the challenge?
His care meter is very low.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2011, 02:59:10 PM »
Kowaski Q. Kitchens, age 19,

His mama call him Shaun...I'm gonna call him Shaun   :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2011, 02:59:30 PM »
According to the five victims present, three black males entered the residence with one displaying a handgun.

I guess Mosely is thinking that is the last time he gives those guys a ride.......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2011, 02:59:51 PM »
We in the biz even use the terms bail and bond improproperly at time.

Robbery 1 means deadly weapon was used.  These lads have bigger probs than where they may play football in the future.  They goin' down the road.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2011, 03:00:45 PM »
I blame Scott Moore
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2011, 03:01:45 PM »
We in the biz even use the terms bail and bond improproperly at time.

Robbery 1 means deadly weapon was used.  These lads have bigger probs than where they may play football in the future.  They goin' down the road.

After they go down the road some other people are gonna go up the highway.  Da hershey highway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2011, 03:01:51 PM »
Antonio Goodwin
Shaun Kitchens
Demetruce McNeal
Dakota Mosley

These guys were starters/competing for starting jobs.  They had EVERYTHING in front of them.  I cannot FATHOM a level of stupidity this deep.

What a fuckup of monumental proportions.

I am horrified that these four obviously turned their backs on the efforts of our coaching staff to create men of good character.  Fantastic job, Coach Chiz, for not even waiting five seconds before dismissing their sorry asses from the team.  They should not even receive their BCSNC ring, as far as I am concerned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions