Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

SPuat is really going outta their way to show how classy they are....

Re: SPuat is really going outta their way to show how classy they are....
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2011, 01:39:44 PM »
Fine.  I'd accept that before I'd accept rolling over and showing the belly. 

phuk that. 

Surrender in the name of political correctness if you want.

Go ahead, act like a 2 year old and scream it's not fair and I'm going to try to hurt someone who is not involved at all.  You have a total of about six people on the board who seem to be agreeing with you, how dare I put up a dissenting opinion.  It's easy to talk about how much you hate sheople until you are trying to be the shepherd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2011, 01:47:43 PM »
Negative ghost rider.  You will NEVER see me not waving the free speech banner.  It is the one right we have that keeps us in check from ourselves.  I just also wave a banner right next to it that says personal responsibility. 
Americans have grown soft in their language which in turn has made them thin skinned. 
Say something stupid then you should pay for it by being called to task on it by your peers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2011, 02:05:53 PM »

Not really getting the South Park reference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2011, 02:07:14 PM »
Go ahead, act like a 2 year old and scream it's not fair and I'm going to try to hurt someone who is not involved at all.  You have a total of about six people on the board who seem to be agreeing with you, how dare I put up a dissenting opinion.  It's easy to talk about how much you hate sheople until you are trying to be the shepherd.

See, now I'm thinking, maybe it means you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. 9 millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or, it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is, you're the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Well why don't you tell us then, Mr. Enlightened, how we should all respond? 

I guess we should show our teeth and roll over in a pose of submission.  We should shrug it off as just the random comments of a silly old bama fan.  Grin and take it? 

How's that worked for us so far?  Say over the last 50 years.  How much respect has it gained us?  I'd say none.  I'd say they think we're weak.  Pussies, in fact. 

All you've managed to do is provide your high horse tongue clucks while some of us are actually trying to figure out what kind of response should take place. 

Have we asked for the woman to be fired?  Nope.  All we've done so far is calmly and professionally registered our disgust with her public opinions.  She is, whether she likes it or not, a public figure and is therefore held to a higher standard than the average person.  If Bama Bob had written those comments, then yes they'd be dismissed as the typical frothing of a lunatic.  The woman in question, however, is not the average person because she has a public pulpit. 

So what should we do? 

Unless you have a better idea, you offer nothing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2011, 02:21:58 PM »
See, now I'm thinking, maybe it means you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. 9 millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or, it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that poop ain't the truth. The truth is, you're the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Well why don't you tell us then, Mr. Enlightened, how we should all respond? 

I guess we should show our teeth and roll over in a pose of submission.  We should shrug it off as just the random comments of a silly old bama fan.  Grin and take it?    I would have to say ignore it as the ignorant ramblings of a bama fan

How's that worked for us so far?  Say over the last 50 years.  How much respect has it gained us?  I'd say none.  I'd say they think we're weak.  Pussies, in fact. 

Well, I would have to say that it has gained us a lot of respect from people who matter.  By being even keeled we stuck with Tuberville when Bama fans were running off a string of coaches and spend mega bucks to make splashy hires.  I really don't care for the respect for bammers, begrudging or otherwise.  That is the ultimate in little brother syndrome, trying to earn the respect of the big brother

All you've managed to do is provide your high horse tongue clucks while some of us are actually trying to figure out what kind of response should take place. 

Have we asked for the woman to be fired? 

Quote from: JR4AU
She seemed to have some concern for her job.  Trief like hell to apologize, and be nice.  They need her to be such a source of grief that they have no choice but to fire her.  Bosses only care when someone makes their day miserable.  Make them do something by being a polite, professional, pain in the ass.
[/b]

Nope.  All we've done so far is calmly and professionally registered our disgust with her public opinions.  She is, whether she likes it or not, a public figure and is therefore held to a higher standard than the average person.  If Bama Bob had written those comments, then yes they'd be dismissed as the typical frothing of a lunatic.  The woman in question, however, is not the average person because she has a public pulpit.  Which she did not use to espouse these views.

So what should we do? 
Be rational?  Not froth at the mouth?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2011, 03:48:18 PM »
[/b]

Nope.  All we've done so far is calmly and professionally registered our disgust with her public opinions.  She is, whether she likes it or not, a public figure and is therefore held to a higher standard than the average person.  If Bama Bob had written those comments, then yes they'd be dismissed as the typical frothing of a lunatic.  The woman in question, however, is not the average person because she has a public pulpit.  Which she did not use to espouse these views.

So what should we do? 
Be rational?  Not froth at the mouth?

Wow.  I'm nearly speechless. Thank God not completely speechless.

I wasn't aware you lived in a magical land of fairies and gnomes where clouds are made of cotton candy, rivers run with chocolate and kids ride unicorns to school. 

Are you NUTS?

Ignore a reporter who demeans something we all cherish and hold dear because she didn't do it in print?  Yeah.  That's such a great idea. 

Maybe you do live in happy land where the harshest word allowed is "Hale well, hearty traveler!" 

Reality is far removed from that.  I fired a woman last year who worked for me because it came to my attention that she posted something racially inflammatory on Facebook.  It was her opinion and expressed in relation to a situation regarding her daughter.  But I can't allow my company to be attached to that and she put it out there in a public forum under her own name. 

I opted not to hire another woman because she had pictures on her facebook page of her taking shots off another woman's stomach, licking another woman's face and leg and drinking from a bottle stuffed into her bra.  In the interviews she was professional and poised and I would have loved to hire her.  But I couldn't risk my clients or potential clients absently looking her up and running across that.  No, I do not have her number and I'm not going to release her name, so you can just imagine.  She was very good looking, though. 

What people say and do in their personal lives can and should have potential impact on their professional lives. 

Good lord, how we handle things internally (i.e. the Tuberville situation) is a far different thing from how we respond to attacks from the outside. 

I don't want their respect.  I don't care about their respect.  That's not the goal.  The goal is to let them know on no uncertain terms that we're not going to accept their bullshit any longer.  Enough is enough.  Fuck respect.  Fear is better.

Frothing?  Oh fuck you.  Who's frothing?  JR?  He called and expressed his displeasure.  Did you read the letter I wrote to the woman's bosses?  Did I ask for her to be fired?  Was anybody frothing? 

Please stay in namby pamby land and frown your PC ass off if somebody says "poopy" because it's such a nasty word. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2011, 04:32:25 PM »
Not really getting the South Park reference.
I thought this was America?!?!?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

JR4AU

« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2011, 04:33:56 PM »
I thought this was America?!?!?

It is last I checked, and?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2011, 04:36:20 PM »
It is last I checked, and?
Rabble, Rabble, Rabble!!!

I thought this was America?  Can a man not defend himself?  Can he not voice his opinion.

What Sani said reminded me of that episode and how he would go fight in little league baseball parks then get arrested, and claim "America".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2011, 04:40:54 PM »
Rabble, Rabble, Rabble!!!

I thought this was America?  Can a man not defend himself?  Can he not voice his opinion.

What Sani said reminded me of that episode and how he would go fight in little league baseball parks then get arrested, and claim "America".

I guess I missed the posts and context to what you're referring. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2011, 04:43:53 PM »
I guess I missed the posts and context to what you're referring.
Catch up, sir.  Apparently there is a war going on...or something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2011, 05:04:17 PM »
Catch up, sir.  Apparently there is a war going on...or something.
busy on the front lines..you miss some of the HQ talk
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2011, 07:20:41 AM »
I opted not to hire another woman because she had pictures on her facebook page of her taking shots off another woman's stomach, licking another woman's face and leg and drinking from a bottle stuffed into her bra.  In the interviews she was professional and poised and I would have loved to hire her.  But I couldn't risk my clients or potential clients absently looking her up and running across that.  No, I do not have her number and I'm not going to release her name, so you can just imagine.  She was very good looking, though. 

Tease.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2011, 07:26:08 AM »
Response from Lisa Rickman

Jonathan: I apologize for offending you with the comments. The first one you copied was indeed my comment on a friend's thread, not my status. The second, was not written by me. Regardless, I realize these comments, although intended for one person, were offensive to others. I apologize sincerely. It was not my intention.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2011, 07:53:23 AM »
Now see if she'll send you some early morning dew photos?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2011, 07:53:48 AM »

Same response I got from her over the phone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2011, 09:28:37 AM »

Worthless. 

I'm sorry you saw what I really think and something I tried to erase as soon as I realized I might get in trouble and will claim I never said.

Nope.  Not adequate.  Her stupid Facebook page still includes jokes about how much paper she uses in comparison to tree killing and a comment the day after it, that it was time to get over it and move on. 

Nope.  Not adequate. 

I've gotten three emails from her bosses and co-workers.   

I will confer with the administrative editors on this issue. That you so much for bringing it to my attention.

Sherhonda Allen
City Editor
The TimesDaily
740-5732

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are investigating the matter internally and will handle it according to company policy.

Scott Morris
Executive Editor

I greatly appreciate your comments. We do take them seriously and want you to know you are being heard. I hope you will stay in touch and continue to share your thoughts.

Mike Goens

Unless the paper is willing to issue some sort of statement of condemnation and put her in the public stocks, I'm going to the next level.  Letters to the advertisers telling them what she did and that the paper's response was inadequate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2011, 09:40:29 AM »
Worthless. 

I'm sorry you saw what I really think and something I tried to erase as soon as I realized I might get in trouble and will claim I never said.

Nope.  Not adequate.  Her stupid Facebook page still includes jokes about how much paper she uses in comparison to tree killing and a comment the day after it, that it was time to get over it and move on. 

Nope.  Not adequate. 

Unless the paper is willing to issue some sort of statement of condemnation and put her in the public stocks, I'm going to the next level.  Letters to the advertisers telling them what she did and that the paper's response was inadequate.

Au_2000 says youre a savage frothing beast. He probably likes the guy in your avatar too.

Chop, chad, me, Jr, kaos and prowler have never all agreed on anything at the same time. Yet we do on this. Yeah, sounds like sheople to me Mr. Au Tiger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2011, 12:24:09 PM »
Worthless. 

Nope.  Not adequate. 

I started with phone calls to her.  To her credit, she didn't deny it, but only because she couldn't.  Then to Mike Goens, who gave me the same policy and handle internally crap.  A phone msg left for Scott Morris has not been returned.  I wrte emails next.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2011, 06:04:19 PM »
My response to Scott Morris:

Mr. Morris –
I appreciate your reply, but as we are talking about a newspaper which has an online “Bama Blog” but no corresponding section for Auburn fans, you’ll forgive my skepticism. 

Her comments were public.  My hope is that your newspaper and Lisa herself will take an equally public stand in reacting to those comments. 

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 06:05:00 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions