Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

SPuat is really going outta their way to show how classy they are....

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: SPuat is really going outta their way to show how classy they are....
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 10:42:00 AM »
Who is Tony Curry?

He was one half of the odd couple with Quincy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 10:42:44 AM »
Who is Tony Curry?

WJOX Opening Drive host out of B'ham. He is more well known as Tone the Bone on Classic Rock 99.5.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 10:45:18 AM »
He was one half of the odd couple with Quincy.

He was the neat freak, wasn't he?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 10:47:53 AM »
He was the neat freak, wasn't he?

Yea while Quincy was doing autopsies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 10:50:45 AM »
I didn't know Felix Unger was a Bama fan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 10:52:04 AM »
Saw this on Scout.  Raptor at AUF posted it.  Was wondering if anyone else had seen this, or could follow up on it.  This is a writer for the Times Daily.
So did this come from her facebook?

http://www.facebook.com/lisa.rickman

Can't see her wall posts unless you're her friend. I have none in common.

Either way, this exemplifies what we're talking about here.

Before National Media Coverage: "Haha, stupid barners got what they deserved!! Lulz!!!"
After National Media Coverage:    "Prayers sent."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2011, 10:54:31 AM »
Are those posts/comments by lisa rickman?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2011, 10:55:57 AM »
So did this come from her facebook?

I believe that they were, in fact, posted on her facebook.

And fuck it, I'm all in.  I just emailed her and asked her to clarify her statements.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2011, 10:58:20 AM »
Lisa Singleton-Rickman can be reached at 740-5735 in lisa.singleton-rickman@TimesDaily.com.

From the Times Daily website. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2011, 11:01:57 AM »
Saw this on Scout.  Raptor at AUF posted it.  Was wondering if anyone else had seen this, or could follow up on it.  This is a writer for the Times Daily.

Houndstooth scarf in her profile picture:

Graduated from UNA, so obviously has a deep connection to Bama.  Big Al is her favorite athlete. 

Lisa Singleton-Rickman can be reached at 740-5735 or lisa.singleton-rickman@TimesDaily.com

Haven't verified the comments yet, but if they can be confirmed as coming from her, this is a prime opportunity to do something meaningful.  Her editor, her publisher and anyone else associated with that newspaper should be inundated with letters, phone calls and emails demanding that she be censured and censured in public. 

This is when we need the network of unified Auburn fans so that we can also apply economic pressure to the advertisers in that newspaper.  Yes, the state is probably 60% bama fans with 93% of those having never gone to the school.  No business, however, can afford to lose 40% of its clients. 

Unity -- real unity -- is the only viable response.  We must stop accepting it and provide a unified response. 

Pretend it's not war, Jimmy Carter.  Pretend, pretend, pretend. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 11:05:21 AM »
I'll let you know if/when she responds to my email on facebook.  I asked her if the three quotes I had seen really did come from her.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 11:16:10 AM »
I'll let you know if/when she responds to my email on facebook.  I asked her if the three quotes I had seen really did come from her.
I'd bet a hefty sum that she denies this and goes back and deletes these posts from her wall, if she hadn't done that already anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2011, 11:22:58 AM »
I'd bet a hefty sum that she denies this and goes back and deletes these posts from her wall, if she hadn't done that already anyway.

They are already gone, for some reason, I can view her wall.  Last post on the 17th, which was a rehash of something in 2008 when someone killed some oaks near Bryant Denny.  Which I'm guessing is her piss poor attempt to say "yeah, it happens here, too."

And I'm not expecting a response, and when I don't get one, I plan on emailing her editor, and ccing her.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2011, 11:31:38 AM »
They are already gone, for some reason, I can view her wall.  Last post on the 17th, which was a rehash of something in 2008 when someone killed some oaks near Bryant Denny.  Which I'm guessing is her piss poor attempt to say "yeah, it happens here, too."

And I'm not expecting a response, and when I don't get one, I plan on emailing her editor, and ccing her.

Forget her.   I emailed everybody in her newsroom.  Editors, publishers, desk editors, sports editors. 

The following comments are attributed to Lisa Singleton-Rickman, who is a reporter for your newspaper and apparently come from her facebook postings.  From all I can ascertain, these comments are hers and reflect her true beliefs.   

Lisa Singleton-Rickman "it's the general consenus in this newsroom that once again alabama has saved au from themselves---1,000 roles of toilet paper is the equivalent of one tree---I'd dare say those fools have used much more than 1,000 rolls of paper covering their own two oaks!!"

Lisa Singleton-Rickman "there is apparently going to be news coverage from national news outlets about the barn's freaking trees.  I am sure that these will be about how ridiculous it is that a dang university in Alabama throws freaking toilet paper into trees making the state look bad"

As an Auburn fan and the parent of a current Auburn student, I am sickened and disgusted by her cavalier attitude and utter lack of respect for our university and our traditions.   

I find her behavior reprehensible and ask that she be publically reprimanded and/or censured for her comments.  Not only do they reflect badly on her personally but they also cast your newspaper in an incredibly negative light. 

This mindset is unacceptable and a primary reason someone like Harvey Updyke felt empowered to commit what amounts to an act of eco-terrorism. 

I sincerely hope the Times Daily will distance itself from such inflammatory rhetoric and take appropriate steps to ensure its employees and representatives refrain from such in the future.

I await your response.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2011, 11:34:41 AM »
I just got off the phone with her and her boss.  She regrets it she claims...what she regrets is being stuoid enough to post it on facebook.  Her boss says they are aware and handling in house..meaning doing nothing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2011, 11:48:06 AM »
My email to WJOX, Tony Curry mainly. I really tried to go TigerX on him, but just in case this was read over the air, I tried to make it respectable.

I use to live in the B'ham area and use to listen to you guys every morning on the way in to work and use to listen to you Tony on 99.5 everyday as well. Now that I don't live in that area anymore, I don't get to listen but every so often. I am glad, though, because I didn't have to listen to Tony spewing vomit from his mouth in regards to the Toomers Oaks. First of all I guess I shouldn't expect a yankee to
understand the tradition of Auburns Toomers corner but you have been down here for a long time. So that leads me to ask you this, are you being serious or just trying to flame to get more callers to the show? Are you pulling a Paul to get ratings or are do you really believe that our Oaks are nothing more than trees? If it is the latter, please for the love of God shut your pie hole immediately. Better yet, just shut it all together because you obviously have no clue what the hell you are talking about. These Oaks are much more that just trees, they are a symbol of many years of togetherness for many families, friends and even sweethearts and the generations thereof. Its a tradition that has been carried down through these generations long before the tradition came along to roll these trees in celebrating an Auburn victory. The Oaks are more than just trees, they are a link of generations of Auburn friends and family. Now, this link may be broken by a deranged bammer in, yes!, and act of terrorism.

terrorism - "Criminal acts intended or calculated to provoke a state of terror in the general public, a group of persons or particular persons for political purposes are in any circumstance unjustifiable, whatever the considerations of a political, philosophical, ideological, racial, ethnic, religious or any other nature that may be invoked to justify them."

Is it to provoke a state of terror as we know it? No, not as we know it. But, it is an act to provoke hurt, anger, loss of something valuable and important; and this still doesn't do justice to how Auburn folks really feel. Is it for political purpose? No, but you should know by now that this rivalry has gone far beyond politics in this state. The mindset of this idiot bammer is the same as the lone suicide bomber walking into a crowded supermarket. This mindset is the same as the idiots throwing stones at the young African American kids as they walk into their elementary schools back in the dark cloud of American history. Its the same mindset as a gunman attempts an assassination on an important figure. Its called
hate, jealousy, and deep seeded anger so deep that they act out without regards to the law or people and the things that those people hold dear. I could go on and on but I hope you get the picture.

I really want to cuss you up one side and down the other but I am not gonna stoop to the scum low of a bammer. I will tell you this though, you have placed yourself right there with them in my mind by your ignorance and total disregard of something that holds real value to people, those that you obviously know nothing about. I am only one voice but I can guarantee you that you have seriously damaged
your image with a whole lot of people. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion like everyone else but at this point your opinion is worth as much as the dried dung on a donkeys ass, at best.

Hey DelGreco, what do you have to say?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2011, 11:48:21 AM »
I just got off the phone with her and her boss.  She regrets it she claims...what she regrets is being stuoid enough to post it on facebook.   Her boss says they are aware and handling in house..meaning doing nothing.

^^
This.

Please follow up and tell them an in-house resolution is unacceptable for comments that were made in public. 

I intend to do so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2011, 11:55:18 AM »
^^
This.

Please follow up and tell them an in-house resolution is unaccepttable for comments that were made in public. 

I intend to do so.

She seemed to have some concern for her job.  Trief like hell to apologize, and be nice.  They need her to be such a source of grief that they have no choice but to fire her.  Bosses only care when someone makes their day miserable.  Make them do something by being a polite, professional, pain in the ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2011, 12:50:01 PM »
So we are setting out to get someone fired and ruin their life because she stated an opinion differing from ours on a social networking website?

Just want to make sure that I am clear on the direction that you guys are trying to lead us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2011, 12:50:45 PM »
So we are setting out to get someone fired and ruin their life because she stated an opinion differing from ours on a social networking website?

Just want to make sure that I am clear on the direction that you guys are trying to lead us.
Apparently so...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."