Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

SPuat is really going outta their way to show how classy they are....

Re: SPuat is really going outta their way to show how classy they are....
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2011, 12:53:14 PM »
Just wanted to make sure so that when people ask me how the Auburn family is reacting to a nutjob trying to destroy a historic landmark on our campus I can reply with, "We picked this random reporter who put some stuff we didn't like on her facebook page and got her fired."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2011, 12:54:43 PM »
So we are setting out to get someone fired and ruin their life because she stated an opinion differing from ours on a social networking website?

I personally do not want her fired. I will not support their advertisers. problem solved and I have done my part.
Does it matter that it was on a social networking site in lieu of the 6 o'clock news? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2011, 01:00:43 PM »
I personally do not want her fired. I will not support their advertisers. problem solved and I have done my part.
Does it matter that it was on a social networking site in lieu of the 6 o'clock news?

Yes, one is personal opinion the other is representing her employer's.  Now there are obviously egregious enough offenses that can get you fired from your job whether they happen at work or not, but I would doubt that ridiculing someone's college traditions would be one of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

JR4AU

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2011, 01:02:33 PM »
So we are setting out to get someone fired and ruin their life because she stated an opinion differing from ours on a social networking website?

Just want to make sure that I am clear on the direction that you guys are trying to lead us.

She made her opinion about her job, and place of employment, and attemted to speak for her employer.  So, yeah, she is welcome to her opinion, but when she makes it public, and says its the opinion of her fellow employees, all of whom have a say in the news reported by that paper, you're damn right she needs to pay a professional price for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2011, 01:05:19 PM »
She made her opinion about her job, and place of employment, and attemted to speak for her employer.  So, yeah, she is welcome to her opinion, but when she makes it public, and says its the opinion of her fellow employees, all of whom have a say in the news reported by that paper, you're damn right she needs to pay a professional price for it.

Ding ding ding.

Somewhere along the lines people in this country forgot that having the right to speak out can also have consequences. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 01:06:48 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2011, 01:10:04 PM »
Ding ding ding.

Somewhere along the lines people in this country forgot that having the right to speak out can also have consequences.
Wave that freedom of speech banner...until it's something you don't like.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2011, 01:10:58 PM »

I may be mistaken, but I thought she posted this on her personal Facebook page? 

Now, I see she did say that it was the general opinion of the newsroom so she is speaking for others, but still setting out with a goal to get someone fired over their personal opinion over a matter of college traditions is still a bit overboard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2011, 01:13:09 PM »
Ding ding ding.

Freedom of speech is not a right to be heard, agreed with, or to speak with no consequences.  Only free from government censorship.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2011, 01:15:30 PM »
Wave that freedom of speech banner...until it's something you don't like.

Negative ghost rider.  You will NEVER see me not waving the free speech banner.  It is the one right we have that keeps us in check from ourselves.  I just also wave a banner right next to it that says personal responsibility. 
Americans have grown soft in their language which in turn has made them thin skinned. 
Say something stupid then you should pay for it by being called to task on it by your peers. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2011, 01:16:45 PM »
Ding ding ding.

Consequence should also not be overtly greater than the offense committed, or they just become another offense that needs to be rectified.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2011, 01:17:27 PM »

Just want to make sure that I am clear on the direction that you guys are trying to lead us.

It's more than "an opinion which differs from ours."

Words have consequences.  Particularly words that come from a public figure and are exposed in a public forum. 

I'm not going to get into my personal opinion of your stance because it's not worth it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2011, 01:18:01 PM »
I may be mistaken, but I thought she posted this on her personal Facebook page? 

Now, I see she did say that it was the general opinion of the newsroom so she is speaking for others, but still setting out with a goal to get someone fired over their personal opinion over a matter of college traditions is still a bit overboard.

If she were a Walmart greeter, and didnt state it as Walmarts opinion, yeah.  Shes a member of the Alabama news media, and said it was her opinion, and that of the employees of the news room.  If they are willing to accept her speeking like that for their paper, then she keeps her job.  We dont have to sit bt and let her published opinion go without comment.  You can if you want to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2011, 01:18:06 PM »
Consequence should also not be overtly greater than the offense committed, or they just become another offense that needs to be rectified.

So you gonna tell everyone what the correct punishment is?

Thanks big brother but no thanks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2011, 01:18:17 PM »
It's more than "an opinion which differs from ours."

Words have consequences.  Particularly words that come from a public figure and are exposed in a public forum. 

I'm not going to get into my personal opinion of your stance because it's not worth it.

Good, then I won't have to waste my time not reading it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2011, 01:20:05 PM »
So you gonna tell everyone what the correct punishment is?

Thanks big brother but no thanks.

Spankings followed by the oral sex.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2011, 01:20:55 PM »
Just wanted to make sure so that when people ask me how the Auburn family is reacting to a nutjob trying to destroy a historic landmark on our campus I can reply with, "We picked this random reporter who put some stuff we didn't like on her facebook page and got her fired."

You can't be this obtuse. 

If you want to wave your flag, that's your choice.  At least we know what it looks like.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2011, 01:22:17 PM »

If you want to wave your flag, that's your choice.  At least we know what it looks like.

Taylor likes this one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2011, 01:24:46 PM »
Taylor likes this one.

taste the rainbow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2011, 01:26:20 PM »

Well here's one right back for you.

You said you were looking for an MLK, but like I said before, you are really looking for Bobby Seale and Huey Newton.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2011, 01:33:19 PM »
Well here's one right back for you.

You said you were looking for an MLK, but like I said before, you are really looking for Bobby Seale and Huey Newton.

Fine.  I'd accept that before I'd accept rolling over and showing the belly. 

Fuck that. 

Surrender in the name of political correctness if you want.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions