Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bills looking at Newton at #3

Bills looking at Newton at #3
« on: February 15, 2011, 01:45:14 PM »
By Frank Tadych |

Published: February 14th, 2011 | Tags: Buffalo Bills, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Vic Carucci, Pat Kirwan, Buddy Nix, Cam Newton, Dave Wannstedt

It’s the question that’s on the mind of every football fan in Buffalo — and will be for the next two months: Should the Bills take a quarterback with the No. 3 overall pick in the draft?

Bills GM Buddy Nix has acknowledged the need to add a quarterback in the draft, although we know owner Ralph Wilson has said the team won’t reach for a quarterback that isn’t worthy of being selected at No. 3 overall.

NFL.com senior columnist Vic Carucci isn’t ruling out the Bills selecting Auburn QB Cam Newton at No. 3, or perhaps even in the second round.
“I’m not so sure that the Bills are thinking their quarterback position is settled,” Carucci told fans. “From everything I hear, GM Buddy Nix likes Newton a great deal, and the Bills might very well be inclined to take him in the No. 3 slot. Now, they also might be of the opinion they could wait to take him in the second round, and that might very well happen, too. But I think quarterback will be prominently on the Bills’ radar.”
Analyst Pat Kirwan supports that line of thinking, saying he believes Newton will be a top 10 pick.
There are plenty of opinions on Ryan Fitzpatrick, a player Nix believes the Bills can win with. By passing on a quarterback at No. 3, it would allow the Bills to address one of their many other needs, namely the defensive front seven as the team transitions to a new scheme under Dave Wannstedt.
NFL Network analyst Charles Davis had the Bills taking North Carolina DE Robert Quinn.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/02/14/are-bills-considering-newton-at-no-3/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Bills looking at Newton at #3
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 01:48:10 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 01:57:28 PM »
Please, please, please NO! I will throw up all over everything if this happens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 02:33:35 PM »
Please, please, please NO! I will throw up all over everything if this happens.

Werd.  He needs to screw up in the combines or something.  Let him go to the Cowboys or Bears or anyone else...to "Develop".  Just not Buffalo...or Cleveland...or Kansas City...or Carolina
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 02:48:57 PM »
This guy:

This guy:

And THIS guy:

All say you can SUCK IT. 

Regardless what they say, however, Buffalo would be the Bermuda Triangle for Mr. Newton.  He would vanish into the mist and never be heard from again.   Seattle would be a good destination.  I pretty much hate all NFL teams, so it really doesn't matter where he goes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.