Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

McCalebb/Dyer vs Williams/Brown

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
McCalebb/Dyer vs Williams/Brown
« on: February 15, 2011, 03:18:54 PM »
Stolen from another site.  Done by StatTiger.

During the 2004 season, the Auburn Tigers had a great combination in Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown. Coach Al Borges schemed to utilize both running backs, often at the same time, to obtain the most of his talented backs. It was a primary reason why Auburn went 13-0 that season and was one of the best teams in college football that season.

Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown combined for 2543-yards on 447 offensive touches, scoring 22 touchdowns. The dynamic combination averaged 5.68 yards per play, scoring a touchdown every 20.3 plays.

Williams and Brown combined for 38 impact plays or plays of 15-yards or more, which included 10 plays of 30-yards or more. That translated to an impact play every 11.8 plays and a big play every 44.7 plays.

The combination of Brown and Williams resulted in 34.4 plays per game, which was 51.9 percent of Auburn’s offensive plays in 2004.

ImageShack, share photos, pictures, free image hosting, free video hosting, image hosting, video hosting, photo image hosting site, video hosting site

During the 2010 season, Auburn had a great combination of running backs in Michael Dyer and Onterio McCalebb to go along with Heisman winner, Cameron Newton. Coach Gus Malzahn found a way of making sure his running backs had a major impact in Auburn’s offensive game plan. With the departure of Newton, Dyer and McCalebb will see their roles increase in 2011, which could translate to something special.

Michael Dyer and Onterio McCalebb combined for 1970-yards on 282 offensive touches, scoring 15 touchdowns. Auburn’s latest dynamic combination averaged 6.99 yards per play, scoring a touchdown every 18.8 plays.

Dyer and McCalebb combined for 37 impact plays or plays of 15-yards or more, which included 11 plays of 30-yards or more. That translated to an impact play every 7.6 plays and a big play every 25.6 plays.

The combination of Brown and Williams resulted in 20.1 plays per game, which was 29.7 percent of Auburn’s offensive plays in 2010.

Individually, Michael Dyer and Onterio McCalebb might not draw the same attention as Brown and Williams but it’s important to remember Dyer will be a sophomore and McCalebb will be a junior in 2011. As a freshman and sophomore, Dyer and McCalebb had a better average per play by more than a yard per play than the seniors, Brown and Williams. They also had a better ratio for touchdowns, impact plays and big plays. At the end of the day, it just wasn’t about talent but how their talent was utilized within the structure of the offense.

We already know how talented Dyer and McCalebb are but we are still waiting to see just how high their athletic ceiling will become, especially in the good hands of Coach Gus Malzahn.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: McCalebb/Dyer vs Williams/Brown
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 04:09:50 PM »
Wow!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 04:14:41 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 04:17:08 PM »
Chizik will never allow this to happen.  He'll find some way to screw this up.  Just you wait and see.  I can tell because I don't allow past performance to cloud my judgment of what I know is going to happen in the future.

Edit:  I'm just poking the bear now.  It has been a really slow day at work.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 04:18:06 PM by AU_Tiger_2000 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 04:27:04 PM »
Chizik will never allow this to happen.  He'll find some way to screw this up.  Just you wait and see.  I can tell because I don't allow past performance to cloud my judgment of what I know is going to happen in the future.

ROFL!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 04:33:36 PM »

Past performance?  5-19.  Clouds evident.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 04:42:05 PM »
Past performance?  5-19.  Clouds evident.

Does this become bait now or later on?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 04:47:57 PM »

If it's fresh, it's sushi. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 04:53:45 PM »

Depends on if you are gonna fish with it or just cut it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 05:07:58 PM »
If it's fresh, it's sushi.